Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Time to blow out the driveway.....(who can think of mowing??)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Time to blow out the driveway.....(who can think of mowing??)
Original Message   Mar 24, 2005 8:32 am
Hey Guys,
We wake up today and find our driveway is under a few inches of snow.......
Time to get the orange monster out for perhaps the last time of the season.

Makes one think of the Robert Frost poem........"Miles to go before I ..........mow."

I resign myself to the fact that mowing is still weeks, if not months away...

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
TheKneebiter

Re: Time to blow out the driveway.....(who can think of mowing??)
Reply #1   Mar 24, 2005 9:40 am
I kid you not, Tues i used my toro powerlite to blow the snow off my front lawn the best i could. Yesterday morn i went out and 99% of it was melted. I raked all the twigs and pinecones then mowed the lawn. The neighbors were all in there doorways looking at me like i was nuts. A guy i have never seen before stopped his jeep and rolled down the window so i shut the mower down, He said " you should have your snowblower ready we are getting snow and laughed " I said i know that's why i am getting my fertilizer down asap ! He drove away with a dumbfounded look on his face.  I finished mowing with the blade high just to pick up the debris i missed with the rake and laid down the oranic fert. This morning we have a couple of inches pushing my fert in.
This message was modified Mar 24, 2005 by TheKneebiter

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #2   Mar 24, 2005 9:50 am
Done.

Grass is nowhere to be seen, but the driveway is clear. Wasn't that much, but wet. It perhaps would have melted off soon, but I hate to drive on it...nice to drive on black pavement without turning wet snow into ice paths.
Can't wait to summerize the new Ariens and turn my attention from Ariens orange to eXmark red.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #3   Mar 24, 2005 2:39 pm
I did my driveway and 3 neighbors this morning of 6" of wet heavy snow. My tractors on blocks anyway. I'm waiting for new front tire spindles to come in from the Simplicity dealer. I need a little time anyway but, bring on the spring.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Mar 25, 2005 9:08 am
Was it winter??? Down here the good thing is you only have to mow every other week in the winter.  But to tell you the truth I'd rather mow in the spring or summer every week, then to mow in the winter every other week.  The weeds are a pain in the neck to cut! We have this weed here it grows really fast and it gets a purple flower on it, man with brand new blades you have to go over it 3 times!  I been meaning to stop in a find out what it is called. I think it grows 6 inches a week, well have a great weekend.  Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42