Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Texas tractor show June 10-12, 2005

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Texas tractor show June 10-12, 2005
Original Message   Mar 23, 2005 3:07 pm
They have displays, a tractor parade, kid activities, and more. Here is a link:

http://tex-fest.com/a-t-show.html

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Texas tractor show June 10-12, 2005
Reply #1   Mar 23, 2005 3:21 pm
Thanks Joe!

How many shows like this do you attend per year?

bontaiJoe

Reply #2   Mar 23, 2005 3:57 pm
I usually get to 6 or 7 (more if I can talk the loving wife into it) in the NJ-PA-OH area each year. But I was a moderator on another now defunct forum for their tractor show sub-forum. I kinda got used to looking these up for the folks there. I have just this week started moderating at a new forum for the same topic. I'd love to go to ALL these shows, as I am always amazed by something I see, or the stories I hear. Especially the stories of how the "showroom new" piece of equipment I'm looking at was winched out of a swamp as a rusted siezed hulk and how many hours it took to totally restore it. And I always learn something from the oldtimers about the history of the stuff I'm looking at. In my part of PA, there are many collectors of miniature steam engines about the size of a lunch box, and also collectors of various farm machines that were manufactured in PA back in the day, and there were many. Another thing I enjoy are the wonderful folks I always seem to meet, and the good food usually prepared by the ladies auxilary of some local church, or fire company. It is always a good day for me. Many of these shows have live entertainment, and are VERY family oriented. and the price of admission is a lot less than going to see a movie, sometimes even free. In my misspent youth, I wasted a LOT of time at MUCH less wholesome events usually involving scantily clad women dancing, and large amounts of alcohol. I don't miss that, and prefer the company of the good folks I meet at these kinds of shows. They tend to be MUCH more honest, and it costs me a lot less financially.
This message was modified Mar 23, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #3   Mar 23, 2005 4:01 pm
Joe, you explained that so well, I hear exactly what you're saying. I wish we had more of those types of shows in Oklahoma, maybe we do and I am not aware of them?  I'm waiting to watch you post one someday.
bontaiJoe

Reply #4   Mar 23, 2005 4:56 pm
Oklahoma tractor shows? Ask and ye shall recieve:

http://www.okjdclub.com/  John Deere show July 15-16, 2005

Farming Heritage Festival  (Sorry, they don't have a website I can find)
shawnee, Oklahoma
June 17-18, 2005
Bryan County Antique Tractor Club Golden Harvest Days (again, no website)
Colbert, Oklahoma
June 25, 2005
http://www.greencollectors.com/evps/evitem.cfm?ID=321 (This one is in SW OK. April 29-30, 2005)
Southern Plains Farm Show
Date: April 21 – 23, 2005
Place: State Fair Park
Building E, East Entry
Oklahoma City, OK
http://www.clevelandcountyfair.org/OK%20Pioneer%20Expo.htm
This is for the Oklahoma Pioneer Expo on Sept 8-10, 2005
Just do a Google search for "Oklahoma tractor show" or Oklahoma Antigue tractor" or "Oklahoma tractor pull" and see what comes up in your area.

Marshall

Reply #5   Mar 23, 2005 5:40 pm
YOU ARE THE MAN!

NOT A DAMN ONE NEAR TULSA.  .

I MIGHT DRIVE TO ONE OF THEM THOUGH.

THANKS JOE!!!!  

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42