Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ultimate OPE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Ultimate OPE
Original Message   Mar 23, 2005 2:39 pm
I'm thinking that this would be the ultimate in outdoor power equipment, right?

Check out their website for more info on tractor shows, swap meets, and 2 operating locomotives on the club's grounds. Their show is September 2-5, 2005 in Wisconsin 

http://www.thresheree.org/

This message was modified Mar 23, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Ultimate OPE
Reply #1   Mar 23, 2005 3:16 pm
How much HP would a steam engine like that make Joe?
bontaiJoe

Reply #2   Mar 23, 2005 3:30 pm
Boiler horsepower is calculated by the following formula:

BTU/minute X .02356 = HP

Without knowing how much fuel they use, or the temperature of the steam, I couldn't even offer a wild guess.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #3   Mar 23, 2005 3:51 pm
I see, I never knew how it figured, thanks Joe
bontaiJoe

Reply #4   Mar 23, 2005 4:03 pm
Well, I just talked it over with the guys here in the engineering department, and the horsepower is probably a smaller number that you might think like around 50 or so, but the torque numbers will be very high. The higher the temp of the steam, the more torque delivered with each cycle of the drive pistons with the only limit being the strength of the boiler and linkages. They do occassionally blow up.

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #5   Mar 23, 2005 6:35 pm
Joe--One thing I will say about that picture.  They made them to last back then. Appreciate you telling us about that show.  Many people forget the forerunners of today,s modern equipment.   It has come a long way-----Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
bontaiJoe

Reply #6   Mar 24, 2005 12:15 pm
Marshall,

Here are websites for a couple of tractor shows in the Tulsa area, and remember to not be too specific about your exact location should the enemy aquire your position. Delta Team 6 is at your disposal as always, but they could really use the rest from the last mission.

http://www.edgeta.org/brnch116.htm

http://www.leatherockhotel.com/localevents.htm

Marshall

Reply #7   Mar 24, 2005 12:52 pm
Joe, thanks a ton! 

Hey, I know right where this was taken. What a beautiful site, all those restored tractors!

Oh yea, thanks for the tip. I'm a Jackle though, I take on different looks weekly. LMAO!

Marshall

Reply #8   Mar 25, 2005 7:48 pm
These retored 110's are up there in the top catagory too..........

Restored 1965 Deere 110

This is A 1965 John deere 110. We took every nut and bolt out of it. It has a Nos deck on it. It is 100% restored. Tell me what you think.

Submitted By: Michael G. Jones from IN

Restored 1966 Deere 110 (Mini 4020)

This started out as a 110 riding lawn mower. It took me 5 months to transform it to look like a 4020. the time spent was well worth it. I took it to a lot of tractor shows this year and got lots of complements. Every bolt on it was replaced with polished stainless steel bolts. I sand blasted every part and painted it with base coat clear coat automotive paint.

Submitted By: Larry from OH

robmints

Reply #9   Mar 25, 2005 10:31 pm
Joe,
Do they still have the show up near Strasburg? I think I could even trick the family into a trip up if we included a ride on the train and lunch.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42