Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking for a Tractor to go with your Countach, Diablo or Murcielago?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Looking for a Tractor to go with your Countach, Diablo or Murcielago?
Original Message   Mar 22, 2005 9:20 pm
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
krislu

Re: Looking for a Tractor to go with your Countach, Diablo or Murcielago?
Reply #1   Mar 23, 2005 8:27 am
Yeah, Most people don't know that Lamborghini and Ferrari were tractor makers before they produced cars.  Can you imagine how fast those tractors are ?    (LOL)  - Kris

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #2   Mar 23, 2005 9:28 am
I just recently heard the story of how Lamborghini got into the car business. It seems he had been building tractors for quite a while and was very successful and decided to reward himself with a new Ferrari automobile. After the purchase, he was very dissatisfied with the quality of the car and complained to Ferrari. The alleged responce was something like "If you think you can build better, go ahead."

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #3   Mar 23, 2005 9:58 am
bontaiJoe wrote:
I just recently heard the story of how Lamborghini got into the car business. It seems he had been building tractors for quite a while and was very successful and decided to reward himself with a new Ferrari automobile. After the purchase, he was very dissatisfied with the quality of the car and complained to Ferrari. The alleged responce was something like "If you think you can build better, go ahead."

LESSON, BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CHALLENGE. LOL
Emmo

Reply #4   Mar 23, 2005 10:10 am
I remember reading a short bio on Ferruccio and he was quite a character!  His complaint with Ferrari had something to do with a bad clutch and when Ferrari wouldn't or couldn't rectify it, Lambo demanded to see Enzo himself.  Enzo wouldn't see him, told him that a mere tractor man couldn't possibly understand the high tech complexities of this vehicle.  THATS what set Lambo off.  He investigated the clutch issue himself to find that the clutch was the same or very similar to ones used in his tractors.  This of course really cheesed him off, because you know Ferrari was charging astronomical prices.  The rest is automotive history.

My other funny rememberance was that while a young man in the service, he was a wrench.  He had a photographic memory and everytime the shop received new service manuals for any piece of equipt. he grabbed them first, memorized them and then hid or destroyed them.  Everyone was astounded as to how naturally gifted a mechanic he appeared!

He also made serious money with his vineyard and in the heating and cooling manufacturing industry. Man! What an entrepreneur!!(and I bet he got the chicks!)
Marshall

Reply #5   Mar 23, 2005 11:31 am
(and I bet he got the chicks!)

ROFL  

Marshall

Reply #6   Mar 23, 2005 1:47 pm
Yea Joe, I like the Lambo's better than the Ferrari's.

Ferrari Tractor

spottedpony

Reply #7   Mar 23, 2005 2:25 pm
This makes me wonder, would parking a John Deere next to one of these be like parking a Dodge next to a Rolls Royce?
Marshall

Reply #8   Mar 23, 2005 2:33 pm
spottedpony wrote:
This makes me wonder, would parking a John Deere next to one of these be like parking a Dodge next to a Rolls Royce?

LOL, IF I COULD FIND PRICING, I WOULD TELL YOU. 
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42