Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Digital Tach/Maintenance/Hour Meter

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Digital Tach/Maintenance/Hour Meter
Original Message   Mar 22, 2005 5:40 pm
Hi Guy's!

About 6 weeks ago after talking to Richie I decided on adding a tach/hour meter to some of my units. I wanted one that was resettable and found not all the units available were. I found this unit made by ENM Company,5617 Northwest Highway,Chicago,Illinois60646-6135. Their phone # is (773)775-8400.

The # of the unit is PT141. The price is $44.00 BUT if you buy three the price drops to $22.00 each. $66.00 for three including shipping is a bargain for a unit of this quality. I was really impressed with the construction of the harness and the fact that the unit's clock is resettable.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: Digital Tach/Maintenance/Hour Meter
Reply #1   Mar 22, 2005 6:43 pm
What I'm not thrilled about with any of the digital meters is that the battery isn't replaceable, at least the ones I've seen.  If not for the fact they are available with the tachometer, which has been a big help to me when it came to fine tuning my engine, I would have tried to find a mechanical version, assuming one is compatible with a Tecumseh or Briggs engine. 

Richie
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #2   Mar 22, 2005 6:45 pm
Marc---That sounds like a real bargain--wish I would have gotten me one of those when I ordered a Brigg,s hour meter(no tachometer)-  Thanks for the information.--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #3   Mar 22, 2005 6:51 pm
hi Marc...

we use the digital tach at work and have 2 of them,actually we are on a 3rd one.first one batteries quit.

and the ones we use are wireless ,you just point it at plug and read.

these ones are 270 cdn and we need this kind for proper saw setup.

i would like to have some like yours for my own ope,sounds nice .let us know how they work after a seasons use.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #4   Mar 22, 2005 7:58 pm
Hi Guys-

I had a discussion with the sales rep re: the battery. They are powered by a lithium cell and as Richie pointed out the unit is disposable. The rep said they last between 8 and ten years. One unit is going on my Toro lawn mower with the Kawasaki so I should have a feeling for how they work at the end of the summer. I bought the unit with the 60 inch lead as I felt it would be long enough for my walk behinds. They also offer the same unit with a longer lead for tractors and riders.

I think i'm going to mount it with velcro because of the battery issue . Don't want to drill holes for a disposable gauge.

Richie- Haven't seen any tach/hour meters that weren't digital for smaller ope except the Vibra Tach which is hand held and still leaves you with the clock issue.

Marc

This message was modified Mar 22, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Mar 23, 2005 3:12 am
I'm going to put one on my LT 1000 Craftsman this spring before mowing season.  I'll go with the Sendec one that I have on my snowthrower, unless someone can suggest something better. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42