Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > The great switch over!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

The great switch over!
Original Message   Mar 22, 2005 5:22 pm
Hi Guys,

Today was the official switchover to lawn maintainance for me. I took out the 1974 Snapper with the thatcherizer on the nose and skimmed up four bags of thatch. I then spread 10,000 sqare ft. of Scotts with Crab Grass Preventer while wishing for just one more "snow event".

Some how lawn care just doesen't have the same allure as snow removal.

Marc 

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: The great switch over!
Reply #1   Mar 22, 2005 5:27 pm
yopu got that right...but its kinda uncomfortable wearing a t shirt while blowing snow.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #2   Mar 22, 2005 6:27 pm
Yep, the snow is going.  Sure fire way to tell is the home owners are blowing up their saws in fire wood.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
mrmom

Reply #3   Mar 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Marc, what part of this great country are you in?
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #4   Mar 22, 2005 6:49 pm
Just got my Sears lawn tractor out of storage today, changed the oil over to Mobil 1 and greased it up and replaced both blades.  I also love my Pri-G fuel additive.  Such a pleasure when these big machines start right up with a click of the starter after sitting for months.  My 7th year owning this machine and never had a single carburetor issue.  I'm going to aerate the lawn this weekend.

Richie
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #5   Mar 22, 2005 6:53 pm
hi Richie...

that sears tractor have a kohler engine in it. just curious .

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #6   Mar 22, 2005 7:40 pm
snowshoveler wrote:
hi Richie...

that sears tractor have a kohler engine in it. just curious .

Hi Chris,

It has the Briggs 17 HP OHV engine with adjustable carburetor.  I maintain the engine by changing the plug at the beginning of each season along with a new automotive type fuel filter.  Of course it gets numerous oil changes each season as well.

Richie
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #7   Mar 22, 2005 7:48 pm
Hi Guys!

Mr Mom- Long Island is home. Supposed to slush/rain tomorrow so I figured I'd let Mother Nature water it in.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Mar 23, 2005 3:16 am
Nothing like hopping on that tractor and enjoying your maintenance work and nothing breaking. 
Richie, I guess you used PRI-G during those 7 years?  If so, that product has me sold. 
This message was modified Mar 23, 2005 by AJace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #9   Mar 23, 2005 5:42 am
Changed the oil Sunday, Sears was out Monday too service it and put it away till the weather gets warmer so I can clean it, derust/paint it.

Now they are predicting 4 to 8 inches tonight in the Boston area...I have had my fill of snow this year really.

Robert 

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #10   Mar 23, 2005 9:31 am
I'm supposed to get 4"-8" of snow tonight as well in the Poconos. There is still snow on the ground from the last storm. I've got another 4-6 weeks to go before thinking about cutting grass.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42