Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna in the news!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Husqvarna in the news!
Original Message   Mar 21, 2005 12:56 pm
Looks like some changes will be coming for AYP.

http://www.landscapemanagement.net/landscape/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=148395

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Re: Husqvarna in the news!
Reply #1   Mar 21, 2005 5:31 pm
My guess is that they realized that they weren't going to meet the emissions regulations and made the decision to spin the problem off.

Sherri

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Mar 21, 2005 9:13 pm
So now they'll be EOP. I can see it being beneficial.
robmints

Reply #3   Mar 21, 2005 9:51 pm
After Briggs is done with Murray, i wonder what distressed company will be next?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   Mar 21, 2005 9:54 pm
robmints wrote:
After Briggs is done with Murray, i wonder what distressed company will be next?

Tecumseh.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Mar 21, 2005 11:52 pm
Honda
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #6   Mar 22, 2005 6:34 am
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
My guess is that they realized that they weren't going to meet the emissions regulations and made the decision to spin the problem off.

I can't see how Tecumseh could go any further with their old style engines to meet EPA requirements without a complete redesign for today's demands.  If their lousy emission carburetors are any indication as to what the consumer can expect, I'd never buy another piece of OPE Tecumseh equipped.  If the Briggs Intek engines are really that good and environmentally friendly, I'd like to see the industry switch over to using them.  Now that would send the right message to other engine manufacturers

Richie
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #7   Mar 22, 2005 2:45 pm
Richie wrote:
I can't see how Tecumseh could go any further with their old style engines to meet EPA requirements without a complete redesign for today's demands.  If their lousy emission carburetors are any indication as to what the consumer can expect, I'd never buy another piece of OPE Tecumseh equipped.  If the Briggs Intek engines are really that good and environmentally friendly, I'd like to see the industry switch over to using them.  Now that would send the right message to other engine manufacturers

Hey Richie,

I was refering to why Electrolux would be spinning off the outdoor power products division.  But you are correct in the assumption that Tecumseh had better start stepping up to the plate with their emissions controls and also we have noticed that the Honda engines have been getting fussier in the way they start since they have been emissionized.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I think that all these companies have had enough warning for what was coming - now they are all scambling to produce something quick that passes.  Then come up with a better solution - after they realize that sales are dropping.  See it everyday in this business - a company makes something that is constantly a problem - it takes a long, long time to "win" back their customers.

Those are just some of my thoughts.

Sherri

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42