Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Digital Cameras > Discussions > Digital vs. Film SLRs

Digital Cameras Discussions

Search For:
Roger

Digital vs. Film SLRs
Original Message   Mar 9, 2005 4:01 pm
So has anyone figured out how many pictures you have to take on average to warrent purchasing a digital camera in order to offset film processing costs?
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
uc113

Re: Digital vs. Film SLRs
Reply #9   Apr 8, 2005 8:42 pm
RIght now I stilluse my minolta maxum for pictures.  I have borrowed my friends panasonic FMZ20 and another cannon G6.  Both digitals have produced wonderful photos that I have printed and thats what is making me look at the digital cameras.  I was skeptical that they could produce the results that they did.  The panasonic has a 12x optical zoom with image stabilization and a leica lens.  I was very impressed by it and the cannon also produced great pictures.  I pronted a couple of 8x10's from both and was not disappointed at all.  Each camera has its good points and its drawbacks.  I suggest you check out some reviews at www.dpreview.comwww.dcresource.com, www.dcviews.com, and www.steves-digicams.com to get some ideas. 

I suggest you check out any digital camera to see how it fits in your hand.  Once you find one you like I don't think you will be lugging around the film slr on vacation anymore.

good luck.
18Degrees

Reply #10   Apr 9, 2005 2:01 pm
uc113 wrote:
 As far as digital slr are concerned to me they make no sense if you already have a film slr.  The point of getting a digital is so that you wouldn't have to change lenses and carry all that extra equipment around. 

There is a reason the eqipment is the size it is. 

Smaller cameras (film of digital) do not have the response time or the features to work the shot as fast or at all. 

BUT, if your camera is to big to luggg around, then the smaller one is the far batter chioce.

( I get frustrated with point and shoot cameras (film or digital), if I am doing more than point & shoot)                                      

my $0.02                                       18 degrees

This message was modified Apr 9, 2005 by 18Degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
uc113

Reply #11   Apr 9, 2005 10:39 pm
I agree with you as far as the point and shoot camera's out there.  However the panasonic and cannon I have tried have some nice advanced features as well.  The bonus is that they are no where as bulky as the slr's and still produce great results.  Plus they can be as basic as a point and shoot and the person can grow into them as well.
Muskokaphotog

Reply #12   Jan 8, 2009 12:38 pm
Hi Roger,

I guess that depends on how much you spend on the film, the processing and the camera. And how long you keep your digital camera. Purchasing and processing transparency film today is expensive, total about $30 - 40 per roll, so ten rolls would buy an intro digital.
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Digital Cameras Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42