Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Wind Storm Very Ugly!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Wind Storm Very Ugly!
Original Message   Mar 20, 2005 12:25 pm
Well, guess what happened to Termy last night?

No one ever told me there was going to be a wind storm coming from the south yesterday?

That dam wind knocked off shingles on our roof last night and now we have a few leaks. Now my brother and are going to have to go to the hardware store and hopefully get this repaired ourselvs. I had been worried last night as I could here it all happenening, lots of bagning sound against the roof.

Besides going to the hardware store and helping my brother fix this roof, I don't know what else to do. I never dealt with this situation before. I just hope we don't lose the whole roof or something like that!

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Wind Storm Very Ugly!
Reply #1   Mar 20, 2005 8:33 pm
Termy, let us know how it goes.
Termy

Reply #2   Mar 20, 2005 9:02 pm
Here is the update of today!

We are so lucky! We only lost a 6 by 6 area of shingles!

Today was pretty windy too. It was kinda scarry being on top of the house with those heavy gusts coming at us! But my brother went to the hardware store and him and I put this stuff that is black and tarry and watter proof. Forget already what you call it but it acks like shingles for a while. Anyway, we spread a nice good coat of that nasty black stuff onto the 6 by 6 area. We covered it really well and seems to be holding! The shingles that were on the roof are destroid. We could have used them over again if they werent cracked down the middle. The next step is to go and by enough shingles of the same type to cover a 6 by 6 area.

I will keep you posted on how that goes. That wind last night must have been 80 knots because it was ripping many things apart outside and sure was successful in ripping apart part of our roof! What was strange was that usually when we have winds like this the power will get knocked out. Strangely, we never lost power lol. Today the wind was like 40knots with 60knot gusts.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Mar 20, 2005 10:30 pm
Good thing for trailer tie downs! 
mrmom

Reply #4   Mar 21, 2005 8:39 am
ROTFLMAO Marshall!!! Good one!
Termy

Reply #5   Mar 21, 2005 11:59 am
Mrmom... I am not sure if you know this already but, Marshall was not joking. Mobile homes do have tie downs. There function is to keep the mobile from moving off of its foundation. Thank god for tie downs. But do you realise that some mobiles do not have tie downs?

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #6   Mar 24, 2005 2:42 am
I do hope that you get this back to normal Termy.  I don't ever remember seeing tiedowns on mobile homes either.  I don't see the tiedowns in your pictures Termy. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

mrmom

Reply #7   Mar 24, 2005 6:46 am
My apologies Termy. I didn't  get to see the pictures. Looks like I have my foot stuck in my mouth.
Termy

Reply #8   Mar 24, 2005 11:46 am
Ajace... The reason you are not able to see the tie downs is because they are located underneath the house. There are slabs of concrete under the mobile where the tie downs connect to. Even with the tie downs, that day we had the heavy wind storm, we could feel the mobile sort of moving, like if you have a earth quake. See, the tie downs kept us on the foundation. Now, if we did not have tie downs, the house would have been shoved off the foundation and serious damage would have been caused to the mobile and possible injury to us aswell!

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42