Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Going off the Rails on a Daisy Train?

Community Discussions

Search For:
Majorxlr8n

Going off the Rails on a Daisy Train?
Original Message   Mar 19, 2005 2:05 pm

My dog Daisy & a garage sale find from this am...

Marty

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: Going off the Rails on a Daisy Train?
Reply #3   Mar 20, 2005 9:51 am
Marty

She looks like such a sweetheart (Daisy, that is  ).  Reba tries to sit on my lap too when I am driving...all 60+ pounds of her.   but she has learned to settle for lying her head in my lap.  Goofy dogs. 

Do you collect train sets and, if so, do you only collect certain makers or do you collect any of the older ones?  The one in the pictures looks to be in about mint condition.  Very nice. 

Paula

bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #4   Mar 20, 2005 9:22 pm
Marty:

Boy did you get a buy!!!!  Those Lionel trains are worth $$$$ now.  Just check out ebay....  Does the power unit have the opening to put a "D" cell to make the horn work?  It seems like all of the ones I have seen, the battery leaked and ate up the insides.  My oldest brother (57 now) got this train set when he was about 5.  Of course he won't sell it to me..

bbwb

Majorxlr8n

Reply #5   Mar 21, 2005 9:29 am
Paula - Reba is SIXTY pounds? That is hardly a "lap dog!"  Post a recent pic if you get a chance so we can see her! I've been collecting Lionel trains since I was in my teens. I have a modest collection of mostly items from the late 1940's to current. Those Santa Fe's above are not in the best of shape actually, they have scuffs & scrapes but run good! I have a MUCH nicer pair that are in a showcase on my shelf.

BBWB - Yeah - there was a "D" cell in there & it leaked all over the frame.  Very common problem with the old batteries. I bought many items back in the 1970's & early 1980's before prices went crazy, but prices have really tapered off over the last 5 years. Not many "gen-x'ers" are into them, which decreases demand & prices drop significantly. Only truely MINT, boxed peices bring decent money anymore. Played with items with scuffs usually go for cheap. At $20, those engines were a good buy - worth about $100.

Marty

This message was modified Mar 21, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

Paula

Reply #6   Mar 21, 2005 3:24 pm
Marty

Here is my lap dog 

Paula

Majorxlr8n

Reply #7   Mar 21, 2005 7:01 pm
Paula - Reba is a BEAUTY!  She has a neat dark chocolate color that seems unique! I see she likes to devour her toys too - just like my "half-pint" ...

Marty

Paula

Reply #8   Mar 21, 2005 7:41 pm
Thanks Marty!

That toy is her Kong...I fill it with peanut butter and it keeps her occupied, for a few minutes anyway. 

I call her my lap dog because she likes to lean against me and then tries to sneak herself onto my lap......like I won't notice this large furry dog sprawled across me.   

Paula

Majorxlr8n

Reply #9   Mar 22, 2005 1:13 am
Paula - There's NO WAY you can't help notice your Reba! Thats a lotta pooch & a cutie at that!  Daisy has a "mini-Kong" also, but I put Milk Bones or Meaty Bones in it - that keeps her busy for a good half hour. She is a strong chewer, but not strong enough to break up the treats!

Marty

Paula

Reply #10   Mar 22, 2005 6:24 am
Marty

What are the Meaty bones?  Are those the moist ones?   I never thought about putting those in there.  I tried a combo of peanut butter and treats from the recipes that come with the kong ( yeah...I know...get a life Paula...) but she just licked the peanut butter out and left the rest in there.

I think Reba suffers from the toddler version of reality..."if I cover my eyes or pretend I'm not here, then you can't see me." 

How old is Daisy? 

Paula

Majorxlr8n

Reply #11   Mar 22, 2005 6:46 am
Morning Paula!

Meaty Bones are "cookie like" with a crunchy "meaty" center. They fit inside the small Kong without breaking them (Whole). Any treat that fits inside would probably keep Reba busy too - and out of your hair! Daisy will be a year old (already!) on April 22. Time flies - it seems like we got her just the other day...

Marty

Paula

Reply #12   Mar 22, 2005 2:03 pm
Marty

Is Daisy still growing since she is still a puppy?  I just love her coloring...that gorgeous red/brown. 

The Meaty bones are supposed to be like marrow bones, aren't they?  I'll have to pick some up and put them in there.   She is not a big chewer but definitely needs to stay occupied or she tends to go looking for things to carry around in her mouth.  Its like having a baby in the house again.   

Paula

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42