Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > ...Grass is growing...Snow is going...

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

...Grass is growing...Snow is going...
Original Message   Mar 8, 2005 7:47 pm
How many here have grass growing and are putting away their snow blowers?

This message was modified Mar 8, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Re: ...Grass is growing...Snow is going...
Reply #8   Mar 9, 2005 2:36 pm
Hi Paula. Ummm, yeah, I guess gone would be the key word. LOL.   I was talking with an old friend the other day about a concert we went to in 1975? It was my favorite band  YES, playing an outdoor show in Jersey City, N.J. He was talking about different things that happened that day, and for the life of me......I can't remember squat about that what happened that day. The scary part is, I was driving. This year I saw the band twice on it's 35th Anniversary tour In Philadelphia and Allentown, PA. Remember those, clear as a bell. Of course, things are a little different now. Went with my wife, 2 teenage sons and sober as a judge. Great shows. Sometimes I think back upon those days and wonder how in the heck I ever got through them alive. I just consider myself lucky my life went into the right direction. Of course, some good decisions came into play there too.  LOL

Kevin     

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #9   Mar 9, 2005 2:59 pm
The 1970's

From Jimmy..........

To Sweet Baby James........

And from Elton and Bernie......

To Ted......

To the Bros.

To the best guitarist besides Hendrix, maybe equal.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2005 by Marshall
Termy

Reply #10   Mar 9, 2005 3:22 pm
Thanks Marshall. ...Great post there...

The 70's were great times. I don't know if you guys get to see this show, but at least in Washington state we have a show called "That 70's Show" and I watch it every day. I love it when they actually come out with new episodes too.

Vangellis

Reply #11   Mar 9, 2005 5:30 pm
Great pics Marshall. Hendrix was definetly in my "Top 5". We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2 summers ago. It was great. They have a small movie theater that shows the various inductees through out the years. It show clips of the artists in performance with a narration. When they came to Hendrix, it was the best of all of them. Powerful and moving is the only way I can describe it. Talk about flashbacks. LOL.    Then it was off to Canton for the Football Hall of Fame. Another good time. We finished off that trip with a game at the "Jake" to see the Indians, and the best fireworks I ever saw after the game. I never thought Cleveland could be so much fun!  LOL
                                                           Wow man, I gotta get some sleep.                   Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #12   Mar 9, 2005 5:39 pm
I have so many favorites it's hard to put them into a top 20. I edited my last post to add someone I almost forgot.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #13   Mar 10, 2005 8:47 am
Kevin

Your mention of the "lost" concert brings to mind a Black Sabbath concert I went to.  I was so...uum..out of it, that I was sitting in my seat, kind of passed out and when I opened my eyes, people were rioting.   I found out later that someone had thrown a beer bottle at the stage and hit the drummer, I believe, so they refused to play so people just tore up the place.  People had picked up rows of seats and were throwing them.  And I didn't hear anything until I woke up.  It got so bad outside that people were pulling up freshly planted trees and throwing them...cops everywhere. 

That was during my 'bad girl' phase (which I expect to outgrow any day now..). 

Paula

Vangellis

Reply #14   Mar 10, 2005 12:42 pm
Paula wrote:
Kevin

Your mention of the "lost" concert brings to mind a Black Sabbath concert I went to.  I was so...uum..out of it, that I was sitting in my seat, kind of passed out and when I opened my eyes, people were rioting.   I found out later that someone had thrown a beer bottle at the stage and hit the drummer, I believe, so they refused to play so people just tore up the place.  People had picked up rows of seats and were throwing them.  And I didn't hear anything until I woke up.  It got so bad outside that people were pulling up freshly planted trees and throwing them...cops everywhere. 

That was during my 'bad girl' phase (which I expect to outgrow any day now..). 

Paula

Paula, I think they are called Mosh Pits today.  LOL.  When I met my wife she was in her bad girl phase. Her first words to me were, "would you like a hit".  What a gal!

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #15   Mar 11, 2005 3:36 pm
We expect a few inches here in NY state will see, but were not ready to mow now!

Termy

Reply #16   Mar 24, 2005 11:53 am
I am going to have to mow my lawn soon again, we have been getting nice 50 degree weather here and sometimes get 60 degree. Soon it will be spring and we will get more sunshine then rain. Because of this, I am not going to mow my lawn too far down that way the grass can grow easier in the hot summer heat. We did not get good snow pack which is how we get all our watter. Because of this, I won't be able to watter. But I can tell, my summer will go just fine. People who are still getting snow in April is outragis! Thank god I don't live in the eastern USA or canada!

Vangellis

Reply #17   Mar 24, 2005 2:01 pm
I just got in from blowing 4 driveways with about 6 inches of wet heavy snow from last night. I only clogged up once. Amazing what a little tightening of the belts will do.    LOL     Unexpected storm in NE PA, but it still is March. At least it won't be around long. Two of the neighbors I did are in Florida. Lucky folks.              

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42