Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I Got A New Sound System!!!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

I Got A New Sound System!!!
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 5:50 pm
I think that I may have a problem with my subwoofer. I have a Logitech Z-640 5.1 surround system for computer. Untill recently, my subwoofer is doing alot of rattling as if it has been blown up. So, I used a flash light to look threw the screen the best I can. So far that I can see, the material looks perfectly fine. I don't see any holes or tearing. I was thinking that mabie the rattling is being caused by something loose inside. The thing that I hate about this unit is that it looks like I can't take this apart! However, in the back where the electrical and audio connections are made, it looks like there are screws that I can remove to get to there. But see, not sure if that will help me or not.

In your experiance, could a subwoofer tear in the inside only? What do you think could be causing the rattling sound?
This message was modified Feb 5, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 11 - 20 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Termy

Re: I Think My Subwoofer Is Shot!
Reply #11   Jan 28, 2005 10:35 pm
This is what I am looking at now. Its the Logitech Z-5300 This sucker is one of their best models and praduces alot of sound. I should have got this in the beggining.

This message was modified Jan 28, 2005 by Termy

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   Jan 29, 2005 1:28 pm
Mine are bassy, but for ten dollars they are perfect.  Cyber Acoustics CA-3001.  Just them a look and tell me what you think.  http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=Cyber+Acoustics&searchSection=All&go.x=15&go.y=9

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #13   Jan 29, 2005 2:25 pm
Terminator20 wrote:
This is what I am looking at now. Its the Logitech Z-5300 This sucker is one of their best models and praduces alot of sound. I should have got this in the beggining.

Terminator, my first post in response to the Z-5300 was deleted by ChrisS, but I'll repost because I think it will help you out.

According to Maximum PC their favorite 5.1 system is the Z-5500, their favorite 4.1 is the Logitech Z-560's.  They were disappointed in the new Logitech 2300's.  Based on your interest in gaming, high quality computer audio and videocards, I'd say you'd love a subscription to Maximum PC.  It's about $10/year.

Good luck,
--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Termy

Reply #14   Jan 29, 2005 6:54 pm
Ajace, those are 2.1 systems. Goog if you don't game alot. But for me, 5.1 is what I need. Altec Lansing being the best, and Logitech being 2nd or third. I am going to buy a Logitech Z-5300. Ow and snowremover, I want to get the Z-5500 but it costs just too much. The 5300 is right in my price range, and when I checked on the specs, it puts out alot of sound.

About ChrisS deleting your post, he would not do that unless he had a good reason to do so. I am not sure why he did, but you will have to take that up with him. I have to say thanks for the information on maxumim pc. $10.00 dollars a year is not bad at all! Can you give me a link to there website so I can subscribe? Thanks...

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #15   Jan 30, 2005 7:08 am
Their web site is MaximumPC.com, but they only sell subscriptions for the CD/Magazine version ($30 year).  This link, for $12/year is just the magazine at Amazon.

Good luck,
--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Termy

Reply #16   Feb 4, 2005 1:31 am
To anyone who really cares, I took my system back to best buy because I had the two year warentee on it. When I did, they tested it out and agreed, it was toast. First of all, if a subwoofer rattles, that is not a good sign. The kind of thing you are talking about is that your large sub vibrates so much that it can move itself off of a smooth serfice.

Anyway, I bought myself a Logitech Z-5300. WAY WAY better system. Should of got it in the first place. Hay, you get what you pay for right? Thanks to all who helped me.! Thumbsup

navihawk

Reply #17   Feb 4, 2005 7:50 pm
Just bite the bullet and get a Bose system.Often copied but never equalled.You coul even take a wave radio and hook it up to your pc.
navihawk

Reply #18   Feb 4, 2005 7:52 pm
$99.00
This message was modified Feb 4, 2005 by navihawk
navihawk

Reply #19   Feb 4, 2005 7:56 pm
$249.00 sounds great
This message was modified Feb 4, 2005 by navihawk
navihawk

Reply #20   Feb 4, 2005 7:59 pm
Hears one for you Apple guys....Ipod dock

Get rid of your big stereo speakers and amps.This covers it all

Replies: 11 - 20 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42