Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Famous sports OPE

Community Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Famous sports OPE
Original Message   Jan 16, 2005 6:50 pm
It always seems to snow when the playoffs are at New England. Anyone remember the guy riding out on to the field with the tractor that had the snow broom on it. He cleared off a spot for the N.E kicker to spot the ball and created some controversy. What team were the Pats playing? Another famous moment in sports.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 10 of 12NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
krislu

Re: Famous sports OPE
Reply #1   Jan 16, 2005 6:55 pm
Yeah, I remember it. The guy was riding on a Deere, if I remeber correctly.  - Kris

robmints

Reply #2   Jan 16, 2005 7:14 pm
Yeah,
Out on work release, if I remember. Was that the tuck game against Oakland.
Termy

Reply #3   Jan 16, 2005 7:18 pm
This belongs in Community Chat.

Vangellis

Reply #4   Jan 16, 2005 7:18 pm
No, It wasn't the tuck game. This was quite a few years before that. The tuck game was a heck of a snow storm though.

Simplicity Conquest
Vangellis

Reply #5   Jan 16, 2005 7:31 pm
Terminator20 wrote:
This belongs in Community Chat.

I was on the fence with this one termy. I thought it would go here. If it does not, I'll let one of the Mods let me know.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Jan 16, 2005 7:39 pm
I remember watching that game and for life of me can't remember the team they played, I want to say the Raiders? I remember seeing the garden tractor come out onto the field with either a plow or a big brush roller and clear a spot where the kickers path was to take his steps and kick. The officials said there was nothing in the rule book about it and let it continue.

What was the Equipment used and who did they play Kevin? Let us know. We talked about this on WTB years ago and I've seen replays of it too, matter of fact on replay was today but I wasn't paying detailed attention.
robmints

Reply #7   Jan 16, 2005 7:46 pm
If it wasn't the Raiders, it must have been the Bills.. But No.

Or the Patriots' 3-0 "Snow Plow Game" victory over Miami on Dec. 12, 1982. With neither team able to score during a raging snowstorm, tractor driver Mark Henderson -- a convicted burglar on a work-release program -- alertly cleared a path with his snow brush for John Smith's 33-yard field goal late in the fourth quarter.
Not surprisingly, the NFL quickly banned grounds crews from doing anything to create a physical advantage, but two heroes were born. The Patriots still use that John Deere tractor, and Henderson received a loud ovation when he drove it onto the field during a 2001 reenactment.
source:http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-05/01-14-05/c03sp529.htm
(don't click it if you don't want an ad)

Man how time flies.
Vangellis

Reply #8   Jan 16, 2005 7:51 pm
Marshall wrote:
I remember watching that game and for life of me can't remember the team they played, I want to say the Raiders? I remember seeing the garden tractor come out onto the field with either a plow or a big brush roller and clear a spot where the kickers path was to take his steps and kick. The officials said there was nothing in the rule book about it and let it continue.

What was the Equipment used and who did they play Kevin? Let us know. We talked about this on WTB years ago and I've seen replays of it too, matter of fact on replay was today but I wasn't paying detailed attention.

Marshall, Just like you described, but it was a brush roller. I can't remember the team they played, but I remember my father made money on it. He liked the tractor guy. LOL

Robmints, I believe you are right on the guy being on work release. I wonder if he had money on it.     
                                                                                                                                           Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Vangellis

Reply #9   Jan 16, 2005 7:55 pm
Wow Robmints. What do you have, super google on your PC,  LOL.  Your good.

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #10   Jan 16, 2005 8:08 pm
Just type in "Patriots cheating" You will get a whole list.

They will have a tough time with the stillers
Replies: 1 - 10 of 12NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42