Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > What happened to the Apple Computer topic?

Community Discussions

Search For:
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

What happened to the Apple Computer topic?
Original Message   Jan 14, 2005 12:09 am
Anyhow, that was getting interesting. I would like to agree that the new AMD 64 FX's are probably going to be something. When a Windows computer has enough RAM and the right CPU those crashes are almost reduced to nothing. Then Windows XP is just a great machine. It's like snow blowing. If you don't provide the machine enough snow at the correct rate of speed, it will not throw snow very far.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 2 - 11 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: What happened to the Apple Computer topic?
Reply #2   Jan 14, 2005 10:44 am
NO, THIS IS THE THREAD THAT WAS MOVED HERE, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE OTHER ONE IS?
AJace

Reply #3   Jan 14, 2005 4:05 pm
Wwll, they changed some settings.  You have to enable it through your my account button.  Your Apple spell checker might work with the toolbar disabled.  Mine did.  Yes, I saw Bill Gates have that problem.  Conan O' Brien was interviewing him.  Here it is   It starts @ 25:00 minutes through. 

navihawk

Reply #4   Jan 14, 2005 7:23 pm
Hey AJ......that pc he has in front of him looks surprisingly similar to an apple.I know I'll be getting one.I just don't know if it will be a powerbook or desktop.Whats TomP and Peter think?The only thing that worries me is what happens if the monitor goes on an apple?
TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #5   Jan 14, 2005 7:42 pm
navihawk wrote:
Hey AJ......that pc he has in front of him looks surprisingly similar to an apple.I know I'll be getting one.I just don't know if it will be a powerbook or desktop.Whats TomP and Peter think?The only thing that worries me is what happens if the monitor goes on an apple?

You tend to sacrifice with a portable.  More expensive, screen display not as nice, small keyboard.  If you need to travel with the Mac then you must live with those sacrifices.  I only have desktops since I do not travel with the Mac.

Moving around the house should be pretty easy with the new iMac.  If you have your house set up with the airport (Wi Fi) you should be able to access your cable/DSL modem anywhere in the house.  I have two macs in the house (one for me and one for my son).  His is down in the living room and he can access the cable model which is upstairs.

As far as the monitor I have never had a problem with my LCD monitor or my sons CRT iMac.  I don't see any reason why the monitor couldn't be replaced.  Being all in one does not make it disposable.  In fact the people at Apple have told me the new iMac is made for the customer to replace most parts very easily. 
This message was modified Jan 14, 2005 by TomP

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
navihawk

Reply #6   Jan 14, 2005 9:04 pm
Makes sense Tom.LED just plugs into the board.Probably held in with a couple of philips screws and  a couple of little brackets.
AJace

Reply #7   Jan 14, 2005 9:18 pm
Around 1:13 Garrit Young, looses system memory when he is trying to show a new program out. 

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #8   Jan 15, 2005 12:04 am
So, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, the original "apple thread" that had around 20 posts or more has not been moved here, but just deleted and a new one by AJace has took it's place?  ok.

As to the "all in one" being a risk of losing your monitor, According to apple, the screen on the new imac's is easily replaceable, even by the owner. 

Or, if this is a concern, you have two other options......buying a powerMac G5 unit with a seperate monitor, or starting at $499, a new miniMac, with a seperate computer.
That mini mac is quite compact. 6.5 x 6.5 x 2 inches..............that is small...!

Those who have a good monitor and a good keyboard and mouse, but would like to try a mac, can now do so for less then $500............or say $600 and pretend they gave you a new ipod with it.
Hey, my toolbar is back..........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #9   Jan 15, 2005 12:25 am
faithfulFrank wrote:
So, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, the original "apple thread" that had around 20 posts or more has not been moved here, but just deleted and a new one by AJace has took it's place?  ok.

As to the "all in one" being a risk of losing your monitor, According to apple, the screen on the new imac's is easily replaceable, even by the owner. 

Or, if this is a concern, you have two other options......buying a powerMac G5 unit with a seperate monitor, or starting at $499, a new miniMac, with a seperate computer.
That mini mac is quite compact. 6.5 x 6.5 x 2 inches..............that is small...!

Those who have a good monitor and a good keyboard and mouse, but would like to try a mac, can now do so for less then $500............or say $600 and pretend they gave you a new ipod with it.
Hey, my toolbar is back..........

Frank D.

Yes Frank, that's right.

No, I don't know what happened to the first Apple thread. This one did not really replace it, it was just created by Ajace to ask where the other one was and, to continue on discussing Apples.
TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #10   Jan 15, 2005 7:00 am
I think the other thread started getting a bit "heated" and was it may be good that it is lost.

The other Apple posts have provided those on the fence with some food for thought.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
robmints

Reply #11   Jan 15, 2005 10:18 am
I don't remember a thread being deleted since I have been here at WTB/Abbys.

I thought about that Mini. By the time you get a LCD, keyboard, and mouse you can spit on a 17 inch imac.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42