Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Internet Cable

Community Discussions

Search For:
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Internet Cable
Original Message   Aug 8, 2005 8:23 am
This little saga started a week ago Friday...
I usually get up in the morning and check out what's new on Abby's Guide while I'm waking up.  So I plop myself down in front of the computer and go to turn the cable a few lights flash, and that's it.  NOTHING!  So I think okay, maybe after work the thing will be all rested out and want to work.  Didn't hear the thunder through the night, Chris figures it was zapped by some lightening.  Anyway so he called the service department after fiddling with it on his own and getting no where.  They told him to check the same things that he had just done and set up an appointment for the Friday just past.  Told the guy on the phone to have the tech call before he went there so 1 of us could leave work to let the guy in the house.  Get home on Friday, little hangy thing on the door which basically said, "We were here, you were not".  No phone call at work to let us know a time, Chris is getting increasingly miffed at this point.  He calls back to the customer service and wants to know why he didn't get a call, and when they were coming to fix the internet.  The guy that answers gets all the info - again - and says that he will get in touch with someone and if he could hold for a moment...well after 15 minutes the steam was pouring from Chris' ears and he hung up.  Another weekend without the computer.  Now by this time all my housework is getting done.  I have hand sewn 3 sets of curtains, attempted twice to get the soap scum off the shower curtain (I think it would have be cheaper to buy a new one), cleaned a couple of closets, done the wash and so on, all the house work that one puts off - well it's done now.  Chris has been working on the outside of the house, he's redoing the storm windows, removing, scraping, caulking, priming and rehanging.  (He's only broken 1 pane of glass so far)  Hopefully the rain and cold breezes will stay on the outside of the windows from now on.  He's also redoing the trim around the windows and doors, very nice upgrades to the house that needed to be done sooner or later.  Okay back to the internet...I called this morning and related the story to the guy I got on the phone, he couldn't believe what we've been going through and when he said could you hold for a moment I said, "If it's 15 minutes like the other guy did to Chris - I'm going to pull you through the phone line."  He assured me it wouldn't be that long and he was right, he was back within 3 minutes.  He was printing up a work order to put on his bosses desk to get the repair guy to the house a soon as possible.  But there will be no phone call to let us know when he was going to be there to do the repairs.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... I have a 4 hour window in which we have to have somebody at the house or take a loss in work to be there.  The guy I was speaking to this morning gave me a date of Thursday with the hope that the work order will get bumped up and I'll have a call today to tell me when.  He also assured me that that there will be a credit for the time the internet was down.  I'm not holding my breath, I would be dead by now if everybody did as they were supposed to do.  So now I'll wait and see what comes of this little saga.  Hopefully my morning ritual will soon be back to rights, sitting in front of the computer when there's nothing there is pretty pathetic.
Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42