Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > New AC Unit!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

New AC Unit!
Original Message   Aug 4, 2005 3:27 pm
Well, I am sure many of you remember me posting about that AC unit that some one had given us and how we installed it and all, but it just was not putting out! I play video games and my computer and monitor will heat up the room to 80 degrees or more. And on hot summer days such as today, it would be too uncomfortable to just tough it out like we have been for years lol.  So we bought a window AC unit which was for a vertical window and fabricated it to fit a horizontal window! I don't have pics of it yet but will soon, rather I will have you refer to this link... AC Unit

The unit is actually white but for some reason, Lowes has the pic in gray?

Replies: 3 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: New AC Unit!
Reply #3   Aug 4, 2005 10:54 pm
I still think it would be easier to just open all your windows, and roll your house down a hill, but hey, that's just me.
Termy

Reply #4   Aug 5, 2005 9:17 pm
Well, I have had a chance to enjoy AC for a couple days! So, for a little short review before I hammer out a big one lol. I really do enjoy this machine, it works the way its supposed to! I like the features such as the energy saver and the auto cool mode! Timer is nice to have but I will never use it. I really like that remote, can't do nothing without it lol. The temp can be set as low as 60 degrees and as high as 90 degrees. There are 90 settings to the fan controll. Speeds start at 10% and can go all the way up to 99%, its a gradual adjustment. The hardest part was really just fabricating it to a sliding window but my brother and I have done lots of fabrication before so it was not to much of a problem. I like how I can adjust the vent position, pretty nice. Stay tuned for a full review!

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Aug 5, 2005 11:20 pm
Good Deal Termy, that's a great unit.  DId ya get a rebate too?  It would be nice if they included a thermomastat that can be programmed to have the unit come on at certain times during a day, but I don't know of any that have that feature yet. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #6   Aug 5, 2005 11:43 pm
Ajace, this does have a thermostat. I can set it for 70 degrees and it will keep it there. As I said before, as low as 60 and as high as 90 for temp settings. The really good expensive units from Frigidaire have the ability to heat too and cover more square footage. If you or somebody you know has a AC system from Frigidaire, please send a email to Chrises_cornner@Yahoo.com and tell me what they think about it???

mrmom

Reply #7   Aug 7, 2005 6:10 pm
Let us know how much of a change there was in your electric bill. Would be interesting to see how much of a dent it made.
Termy

Reply #8   Aug 7, 2005 7:19 pm
I have been using the Energy Saver mode since I installed the unit. On really hot days I set the temp to 70 degrees which kept the room nice and cool but the unit came back on often. Today is not really a hot day so I set the AC temp to 80 degrees so that way it only comes on when the room temp goes above 80. I did test out the lowest 60 degree temp setting and notice the unit stayed on constently and never turned off. I will let you know my findings on power usage when I get our next energy bill, keeping in mind of all the other fans running in the rest of the house though.

Replies: 3 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42