Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > John got Robbed!!! boy, I'm miffed.....

Community Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

John got Robbed!!! boy, I'm miffed.....
Original Message   Jul 6, 2005 10:15 pm
I know most of you don't have a clue as to what i'm ranting about.......
Those who do, ....what did you think??

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: John got Robbed!!! boy, I'm miffed.....
Reply #1   Jul 6, 2005 10:29 pm
Well what are you talking about Frank? My brains too tired to try to think of all the news headlines.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #2   Jul 6, 2005 11:46 pm
If your by chance reffering to Podsednik, he deserved it!!  Let's gooo you WhiteSox!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is not what your talkin about I'm just skippin on by, on my way to a pennant.

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Jul 7, 2005 8:16 am
Sorry guys........ok, I'll explain.

I've been working a ton of overtime lately, and upon returning from work, (worked 101 hours this week).  I sometimes just crash in front of the TV and watch an hour of mindless babble.  In the course of doing this, I  believe it or not, got watching a show I thought i'd never watch..........the new "hit", Dancing with the stars........

On the show, the guy from Sienfeld, John O'hurley, was one of the competitors. He was every week the best dancer, even though at 49 years old, he was the oldest.

Anyway, the last show was last night, where he was favored to win.  Although he danced better then the other dancers, at the last minute he got shafted by the judges, etc, and lost the contest to a soap opera bimbo who was not even a close second. 

There was a lot more to it, but there seems to be many people who have been watching for weeks, who were really angry at the unfair ending.  

Oh well, just underscores how lousy TV has gotten......thank God for Libraries!..........I'll take a good book any day over TV.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #4   Jul 7, 2005 9:49 am
LOL Frank! 

Thanks for the reminder as to why I don't watch TV anymore.  Unless its a specific movie I've been trying to catch (and there few and far enough good ones of those I'm willing to spend time on) or a special news broadcast, the TV is on the kids' stations or off 

Now my computer time....thats another story...

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #5   Jul 7, 2005 10:51 am
I wondered who won that.  I tried to catch updates on their website - but that was crappy.  I only caught a few minutes here and there every week, just enough to make me want to know how was left.  I can't remember seeing either couple dance, so I'll take your word for it.
As for tv - I always have it on in the background if I'm home alone.  Seems to help the time pass and the Discovery channel is usually where the clicker wants to stop.  I've learned quite a bit from that channel and like a lot of their programming (although they do air a lot of repeats).  I do watch PBS on Saturday afternoons some times because of the cooking shows - always looking for some kind of new recipe or an easier way to make something.  So for me tv is a companion when I'm alone in the house with only my house work to entertain me and the occasional computer break for some sit time.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #6   Jul 8, 2005 4:50 am
Well, sorry, I was way off.   Thgought you werre a disgruntled Yankee fan there.  Anywho.  Let's goooooo you WhiteSox!!!!
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #7   Jul 8, 2005 12:42 pm
I gotta agree that John was the better dancer... but the little soap opera sweety was sure easy on the eyes

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42