Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > PM Poll

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

PM Poll
Original Message   Jan 3, 2005 8:33 pm
This is a Personal Message Poll for this website. People who agree that we should have a PM option on this site please vote yes. Those who don't, vote no.

I will be the first one. I vote Yes. Its nice to be able to PM someone. Not everyone in the forum needs to know what your saying to the other user. Cause, sometimes, its a actual personal message!
This message was modified Jan 3, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: PM Poll
Reply #1   Jan 3, 2005 8:45 pm
Termy, I think all the Mods and forum member are in agreement on this and I believe Admin knows our wants and desires too. They're kicking it around and will let us know what they come up with.
Gilsons

Let it snow, in southern Maine

Reply #2   Jan 3, 2005 9:06 pm
I have Email, one point of contact is good.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #3   Jan 4, 2005 9:44 am
Y E S

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Moderator admin

Reply #4   Jan 4, 2005 10:03 am
Terminator, Thanks for being passionate about this place! There are a number of reasons we will not be adding PMs at this time. I will not go into all of them but here are a couple. 1. Everyone here has an email address. 2. PMs are part of the reason the last forum crashed on a regular basis. 3. We need to get the forum up an running ASAP. Adding PMs could add another month of development time. 4. At some point you need to cut bait on additions/modifications. Peter has done a great job but needs to move on to other projects. It is "possible" that we will add this functionality at some time in the future but not anytime soon. We at WTB/Abby's Guide are humbled at you and the other active posters passion for this place. We feel that in the months/years to come this community of selfless people can really make a difference on the net. Best, Admin
This message was modified Jan 4, 2005 by admin
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Jan 4, 2005 10:20 am
Thanks for the update Admin... !

I understand...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #6   Jan 4, 2005 11:55 am
While it is a nice feature if it prevents the forum from getting up and running properly then it can wait. As Pete mentioned we do have E-mail for personal correspondance and I do this all the time with other members.

I feel that getting Snowblowers mentioned someplace on the home page so that we can be linked to the WWW is the biggest issue that needs to be addressed at this time so that folks can find us doing an internet search.

The second big problem is resetting the accounts of some of our members who registered a few weeks ago and now cannot get back on unless they re-register with new names and E-mail accounts. This is very frustrating to them.

Thank you Admin for letting us know what is going on on your end, it is very appreciated....

Now if I can only figure out why sometimes this think double spaces and sometimes it single spaces lol.....

C

This message was modified Jan 4, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Jan 4, 2005 12:20 pm
I suggest to everyone that wants the ability to be contacted privately instead of publicly, go into your member area and have your e-mail option checked to where it will appear when others look at your profile. Otherwise, the forum will be the only avenue we have available to use at this time.

Thanks to all!

Marshall

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #8   Jan 4, 2005 12:49 pm
Great info Marshall, I did not even know that was there!....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Termy

Reply #9   Jan 4, 2005 4:28 pm
Thanks Admin for that direct responce. And your welcome. I really like this website. I have fun viewing and posting on it. And I appreciate all the work you guys have already done. When this site was first up, had lots of problems and no options to use or chose from. Now, its like its been up online for a year! You guys are doing a great job, and as I just said, thanks admin for direct responce!

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42