Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Happy Fathers Day to All Dads out there!!!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Happy Fathers Day to All Dads out there!!!
Original Message   Jun 19, 2005 11:16 am
Have a cold one or 20 for yourselves today. I'm off to a little league game for my oldest, then takin my dad to the Sox game tonight, W/ Broom in hand, for the sweep.

--------------------
LETS GOOOOOO YOU WHITESOX!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: Happy Fathers Day to All Dads out there!!!
Reply #1   Jun 19, 2005 11:57 am
Have a good time Bill! 
My dad's gone, but i think i'm taking my classic VW beetle sunbug and going to go see the sneak preview of the new Herbie movie, then off to work tonight.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #2   Jun 19, 2005 12:56 pm
Thanks Bill. I remember those little league days well. And football, basketball, soccor, wrestling, gymnastics, cub scouts, boy scouts etc. Man that was a lot of driving.

Nice to see you Frank. I haven't seen you around too much lately. Sounds like your really enjoying the bug.

Heres a pic that really does seem like a long long time ago. Now they are 17 and 19 years old. I really was blessed with two good sons. I started a thing last year that I don't want any presents for Fathers day. I tell them that they are my present and that I just want them to do a random act of kindness for someone less fortunate. Works for me.

Happy Fathers day.                                   Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #3   Jun 19, 2005 2:35 pm
That's a great idea, and I'll keep that in mind when I have some to tell that idea to.      It's another day with Dad that I'm thankful for.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   Jun 19, 2005 2:52 pm
Thank you Bill!

I'm a lucky Dad, I have three great kids! My sweet 8yr old daughter made me a beautiful flower pot while at vacation bible school with a willow oak planted in it for me to grow. She also made me a real cute "I love dad" keychain. My Son's 15th birthday is today, he was born on Fathers day, it was a great day then as it is now. He and I spent yesterday on the banks of a river teaching him to shoot clay's with a shotgun. There's nothing like sharing the outdoors and things things like that with your son! My 21yr old daughter is at college in another state so I'll be talking with her by phone today. Unfortunately I lost my dad as a young teen but I have terrific step dad and I'll be seeing him later today. I thank God for my children everyday, nothing beats being a dad. I'm very blessed.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #5   Jun 19, 2005 6:09 pm
Kevin

What a neat idea...that's what I tell my kids too....they are my mother's day present. 

Marshall

I love the home made presents...I keep those kinds of things forever.   That was so sweet of your daughter to do that.

To all the Dads

Happy Father's day to all of you great dads out there!  Hope its a day filled with lots of love, family and laughter. 

Paula

This message was modified Jun 19, 2005 by Paula
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #6   Jun 20, 2005 12:20 am
You're right Marshall, nothing like the outdoors and teaching them how to first use a piece of equipment, wether it be a large utility tractor or a walk behind mower- especially on Father's Day.  They take after their dad!
Kevin sure has been faithful to Simplicity and Simplicity has been faithful to Kevin   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42