Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Browning BLR Lightweight

Community Discussions

Search For:
Dantheman

Browning BLR Lightweight
Original Message   May 17, 2005 10:26 pm
Well...I went and did it...I sold my Browning 1895 in 35 Whelen and bought a brand new BLR Lightweight in 358 Winchester. The rifle weighs just 6 1/2 pounds unscoped.

I have a gently used Weaver K3 from the early 70's that I plan on mounting in Conetrol mounts within the next few weeks. The rifle should then tip the scales at about 7 1/4 pounds unloaded. I don't think a 358 bullet will blow up on a black bear's shoulder this September like my 7x57's did 2 years ago.

The rifle will also not be too heavy to lug around the Catskill Mountains either. Caliber is a little big for whitetails...but I also hope not to have trail them as far either.

Dan 

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Browning BLR Lightweight
Reply #1   May 17, 2005 11:15 pm
Great gun Dan! Yea, the .358 will take care of them! Too bad you couldn't keep the Browning .35 Whelen. Congrats!!!! 

Hey, check out Leupold's new line of FX scopes, tailor made for big power lever guns! Yea I know, money. But in the future............

For 2005, we’ve created another new line: introducing FX riflescopes, a series of fixed power scopes for those hunters and shooters who appreciate the ruggedness, accuracy, and purity of a fixed power riflescope. There are FX scopes for nearly every shooting sport, and for nearly every firearm, from rifles to handguns.

The Index Matched Lens System – FX-III riflescopes feature the same Index Matched Lens System as our VX-III riflescopes, for maximum light transmission, crystal clarity, and optimal contrast.

Multicoat 4 lens system – FX-II riflescopes feature this lens system, optimizing brightness, clarity, and contrast.

Legendary Leupold ruggedness – ready for a lifetime of hunting, shooting, and rough use.

Absolute waterproof integrity – tested and ready for the worst field conditions.

Guaranteed for life – like all Golden Ring optics, FX riflescopes are covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

New! FX-III 6x42mm and FX-II 6x36mm
These two scopes are a great choice for intermediate to long range shooting, and both give you ample magnification and a generous field of view at 100 yards.

New! FX-II 4x33mm
A classic among classics, it has plenty of non-critical eye relief, and at just 10" in length, it’s short for a 4x scope. Ideal for a wide variety of shooting sports.

New! FX-III 12x40mm Adj. Obj. Target
Powerful magnification and the Index Matched Lens System combine to make the FX-III 12x40mm Adjustable Objective Target riflescope a real winner on the firing line.

New! FX-II 2.5x28mm Scout
An outstanding choice for your lever action rifle or scout rifle. With 9 to 17 inches of generous, non-critical eye relief, it mounts on the barrel, in front of the receiver.

FX scopes are available in the following models:
NEW! FX-II 2.5x28mm Scout
NEW! FX-II 4x33mm
NEW! FX-II 6x36mm
NEW! FX-III 6x42mm
NEW! FX-III 12x40mm Adj. Obj. Target

For more details on a specific scope model, see the Leupold Scope Selector. Just select the scope category "FX" from the top drop-down menu. Next select the desired scope model from the drop-down menu below. Then press the "Go" button.

For more information on FX scopes, see the following press releases
and product specifications in PDF format:

Leupold® FX™ Riflescopes:
A New Standard for Fixed Power
(1/27/05)

New Leupold FX™-III Specifications (1/27/05)

New Leupold FX™-II Specifications (1/27/05)

Dantheman

Re: Browning BLR Lightweight
Reply #2   May 18, 2005 6:43 am
Leupold made a 3X scope years ago. They sell for around $200 ( give or take) on E-bay. The nice thing is they still carry their lifetime warranty and the factory will rebuild, repair or change a reticle for a reasonable price.

I've hunted with a 2x7 leupold for around 20 yrs, first on a 243 Win and then the 7x57. Around 98% of all the deer I've shot I've had the scope on 3x. 

If the Weaver does'nt work out I'll either go with a used Leupold 3x  or a new 1x4 of a decent brand ( Leupold, Burris etc).

Dan

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42