Abby's Guide to Coffee Makers
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Coffee Makers Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Coffee Makers
Original Message   Jan 3, 2005 3:01 am
I can not believe that there have been no posts yet about coffee makers! Well, let me be the first poster than. Many times coffee makers will start to function improperly. This is due to the setament buildup in the resevour and the piping. If all the sudden the water aint going threw the pips anymore, don't throw it away! Instead, use CLR. Run the CLR liquid threw the resevour. (Without Coffee Of Course) Follow instructions on the bottle. CLR will also work for many other things too!

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Re: Coffee Makers
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2005 11:02 pm
great tip.

i have a "capresso" brand coffee maker. this is a neat set up where it grinds the beans just prior to brewing.

this is a low maintainence machine, requiring only emptying the filter basket after use.

makes great java still after almost eight years.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

Termy

Reply #2   Jan 25, 2005 8:10 pm
Thanks...

I had forgotten to mentione though that the above I wrote is only one problem why a coffee maker can stop working. But, its the most common cause though of failure.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jan 25, 2005 10:26 pm
You can do them same thing with vinigar, and should after a while. Just be sure to rinse by making three or four pots of water afterward.
This message was modified Jan 30, 2005 by Marshall
Termy

Reply #4   Jan 27, 2005 10:33 pm
Hay Marshall you are a sharp one If the CLR did not work, thats what I would have said. You read my mind lol.

Dantheman

Reply #5   Mar 10, 2005 9:55 pm
I just ordered a Presto Scandinavian Design Coffee Maker from Costco. It is very highly rated and cheap compared to Capresso and others. It has three heating elemnets to make sure the coffee is brewed between 185-200 degrees F.

I'll review it after  I use it a couple of times. I also got a Swissgold filter for it off of Amazon. It is a permanent filter that is 23kt gold plated. It does not absorb any of the coffee oils or put any residue from the paper in the coffee.

Dan

This message was modified Feb 27, 2007 by a moderator
alleonna

Reply #6   Jun 23, 2006 11:44 am
I'm a coffee lover! I can't leave without coffee. What do you think is the best coffee maker and where can I get it?
Thanks
This message was modified Feb 27, 2007 by a moderator

goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Reply #7   Oct 25, 2007 3:18 pm
Hi All

The snowthrower forum attracted me here, but I found this thread and thought I would share my two cents. I am a little confused on what snowblower to buy, but I can assure you I know the best coffee maker. At least in my opinion.

I have a Bunn. Not sure what model, but its a home version, which is a mini of the commercial models.  Bunn coffee makers are used all over the world and used by the biggest in name coffee chains. Next time you go into you favorite coffee shop, check out their maker. Willing to bet its a Bunn.

Why is bunn better? Well they have a hot water tank built into them. Constantly keeping the water at optimal temp. Which almost make for a super fast pot of coffee, considering the water is already boiled. Also the spray heads are very unique and cover over all the beans.

There are a lot more reason, but best off reading it on the bunn website. Which I would guess is Bunn.com  just google if wrong.

You will see they have a few versions, get their cheapest and I bet it will surpast any coffee maker you probably ever had.  I highly recommend it.

If you have trouble finding a retailer. You may find one at your local coffee shop. Here in Canada, the big name coffee shop is Tim Hortins. They sell Bunn Coffee makers. The same version you can get at ace hardware, etc.. Only difference is they have their name plastered on the machine and decanter.   Tim Hortins is also in the USA, but a lot harder to find then in Canada.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Goofie Newfie.

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
amazer98

If you want to make perfect coffee consistently...
Reply #8   Dec 21, 2009 3:00 pm
After many years of trying to brew that  elusive cup of "perfect" coffee, I have stumbled onto the Capresso drip coffemaker.  The unit I have has been replaced by the CoffeeTeam series, which I imagine make equally good coffee.  Some of these new models have built-in grinders, but I'm not sure how they compare to the separate grinder that I currently use (also by Capresso).

The reason Capresso makes such excellent coffee is that unlike 98% of the other makers (including Cuisinart, Krups, Braun, etc.), it has a heating element that gets water to the optimum temperature-- about 200 degrees.

The other brands only heat the water to 180 degrees or so, according to the coffeegeeks at coffeegeek.com  Apparently, the cooler temperature doesn't extract the same flavor from the beans.

The other advantage from Capresso-- and many other brands feature this option as well- is that it uses a thermal carafe.  You absolutely cannot use a glass carafe on a heated element and not expect to burn the coffee.  With a thermal carafe, you won't destroy the perfect pot you just brewed.

However, thermal carafes shouldn't be used with the automatic timer to make coffee, especially on cold mornings when the carafe is chilly.  What you really want to do is pre-heat the carafe with hot water for a minute, empty it, then start the brew cycle.  The carafe then will do an excellent job of keeping the coffee piping hot for 90 minutes or so... maybe up to 2 hours.

And of course you should get fresh whole beans and grind them at home.  This is absolutely essential. If you live in the boonies, then mail order whole beans from Peet's.

The best grinders are burr grinders, as opposed to those rotary grinders that sell for $19.  Capresso makes an burr grinder for about $50, but I bought a Capresso conical burr grinder for $100, which is a bit more heavy-duty and very adjustable.  I am so happy with this combo, and everyone raves about our coffee.  Perhaps the new Capressos with the integrated grinder is a good way to go, since the total cost is just $220. However, sooner or later the coffeemaker will die, then you'll  also have to throw away the grinder... so, ultimately, I'd recommend getting the separate units, even if that's initially a bit more expensive.

I admit that I am a bit of a geek about brewing java, but it's very satisfying to have attained perfection, at least in this field!
This message was modified Dec 21, 2009 by amazer98
shantellemccay

Reply #9   Jun 8, 2015 8:41 pm
I never knew that the Vinegar can also be of use too!

alleonna wrote:
I'm a coffee lover! I can't leave without coffee. What do you think is the best coffee maker and where can I get it?
Thanks

About your query on what is the best coffee maker, it depends on what you prefer. Do you want a programmable coffee machine or do you want to manually do your coffee? It really depends on your needs and on what suits your budget. But for me, I prefer the Cuisinart more and I have purchased it on online stores like allbestcoffeemakers.com. You can check it out too because they have great deals of coffee machines in there!
This message was modified Jun 8, 2015 by shantellemccay
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Coffee Makers Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42