Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover S3670 canister . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Hoover S3670 canister . . .
Original Message   Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm
Hi,

Stopped at the Hoover Company website to look for the new upright MH mentioned.  Didn't find it but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Hoover's made a serious attempt at a canister vacuum.  So serious in fact it seems to have borrowed a few things already done by Miele but what's wrong with that?  Nice thing is that the price on the website is only $299 and the machine comes with a three-year warranty.  It uses the Wind Tunnel power nozzle (Mole will probably know this nozzle's  repair record and efficiency). It might be the answer for some of the folks looking for a canister under the $400 mark.

I've included the following link to allow interested parties to browse the cleaner's user guide -- http://www.hoover.com/pdfs/manuals/S3670.pdf

Best,

Venson

Replies: 28 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Hoover S3670 canister . . .
Reply #28   Aug 4, 2008 10:22 pm
For all those interested, Hoover has upped the wevbsite/suggested retail price to $314.95.

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #29   Aug 4, 2008 10:39 pm
Venson wrote:
For all those interested, Hoover has upped the wevbsite/suggested retail price to $314.95.

Venson

That is just HOOVER.  They will not be cheaper than other retail dealers, selling the Anniversary Windtunnel.  Others are selling w/an average price of $299.99(or less).
This message was modified Aug 4, 2008 by Mike_W
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #30   Aug 4, 2008 10:58 pm
ElvisPresley wrote:
how much does this vacuum weigh?
thanks

24lbs.
Venson

Reply #31   Aug 4, 2008 11:40 pm
Mike_W wrote:
24lbs.

Hi,

The 24 pounds is quoted as being the cleaners "working weight".   I don't thnk the canister itself weighs that much.

Venson

Venson

Reply #32   Aug 4, 2008 11:47 pm
Mike_W wrote:
That is just HOOVER.  They will not be cheaper than other retail dealers, selling the Anniversary Windtunnel.  Others are selling w/an average price of $299.99(or less).

Hi Mike,

I am aware of the $299.99 general price.  What I am making note of is that Hoover itself started this vacuum out at $299.95 at the Hoover site. Shall we expect the price to be upped to $400 by the end of the week?  I am accustomed to seeing the reverse. 

Namely, a vacuum started out at a higher than usual  price that eventually comes down either a lot or a little.

As an instance, the Hoover Z started out nose-bleed high pricewise and finally ended up on Home Depot's shelves for fifty bucks a pop.

Best.

Venson

PS -- Forgot something.   If Hoover, intending to escalate the price, had stated the $300 as its "introductory price," the rise to $315 would be easy to understand.  They did not.

This message was modified Aug 5, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #33   Aug 5, 2008 7:14 am
Motorhead wrote:

Enjoy your Dirt Devil Hoover! 

-MH

Since MOTOR brought up the HOOVER DIRT DEVIL connection through TTI, I took the liberty to post some TTI data which I excerpted from the TTI Web Site.  I highlighted some significant factoids in bold print.  Enjoy reading.  Of particular interest are the facts that the DIRT DEVIL Handcleaner, once the Old Royal metal, is considered its signature product after 100 plus years of operations and the DIRT DEVIL brand has a 98 percent name recognition. 

Carmine D.

TTI has combined Hoover with its existing Dirt Devil and Royal operations in Glenwillow, Ohio, to create TTI Floor Care North America, the largest floorcare business in North America. TTI is dedicated to building brand loyalty through customer satisfaction by providing customers with quality products that meet their cleaning needs. Continuing to focus on developing innovative products, and emphasizing advertising and operations, are the key drivers of TTI Floor Care North America's future growth and success.

About TTI

Founded in 1985 and listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited in 1990, TTI is a world-class supplier of superior home improvement and construction tools with a powerful portfolio of trusted brands and a strong commitment to innovation and quality. The portfolio that TTI offers includes a full line of power equipment products, floor care appliances, laser and electronic products employing over 20,000 people worldwide. TTI’s portfolio of global brands includes, among others, Milwaukee®, AEG®, Ryobi®, Homelite®, Hoover®, Royal®, Dirt Devil®, Regina® and Vax®. TTI is one of the constituent stocks on the Hang Seng HK MidCap Index under the Hang Seng Composite Index, the MSCI Hong Kong Index, the FTSE All-World Hong Kong index, the FTSE/Hang Seng Asian Cyclical Index and the Dow Jones Hong Kong Titans 30. For more information, please visit www.ttigroup.com.

About Royal Appliance

Royal Appliance, headquartered in Glenwillow, Ohio, is a leader in vacuum cleaning products and floor care appliances including Royal®, Regina®, and the Dirt Devil® line of products. The Dirt Devil® Hand Vac has grown to become Royal's signature product and the largest selling hand-held vacuum cleaner in the United States. As one of the world’s best known home category brands, Dirt Devil enjoys more than 98 percent brand name recognition. Dirt Devil products include uprights, stick vacs, canister vacs, hand vacs, and carpet extractors/shampooers. These products are sold through major retailers nationwide. Royal Appliance has operations in Glenwillow and Euclid, Ohio, and Ontario, Calif. The company was founded in 1905, making it the oldest vacuum manufacturer in the world.

This message was modified Aug 5, 2008 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #34   Aug 7, 2008 11:25 am
Well... We just got our shipment of the new Hoover S3670's and briefly...

I'm fairly impressed

It's a lot bigger than I thought and I see more resemblance to Simplicity than Miele.
The wand is VERY much like the Simplicity as are the tools. It also has the same feel moving it around.

The plastic is MUCH better than the previous can (but still not top of the line).

I think Hoover UNDER PRICED it. I know the discounters will ruin it but I think it's a $400 plus can. So at the $325-$350 it's a winner. (Longevity and quality issues may change that)

One thing I didn't like was the neck of the PH which seemed cheaply made and I think might become the Achilles Heel. (Just My Opinion) and there is no release peddle.

The PH has that aggressive Hoover kick to it and when I plugged it in it was accidently turned on and scooted across the floor.

It has a lightweight Hepa Filter and I don't know if it is sold as a sealed system

Fit & Finnish give the impression (at least) of quality product both visually and tactile.
Venson

Reply #35   Aug 7, 2008 2:59 pm
Thanks for the news Lucky1.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #36   Aug 7, 2008 9:13 pm
Hi Lucky1:

Please post a review of the new HOOVER cann on the Reviews section here.  Nice to see an indy impressed by the new HOOVER-TTI cann.  Speaks well of the new direction that HOOVER is taking so soon after the Spring 2007 takeover by TTI.  Already 2 vacuum products have emerged that are noteworthy.  With information by several posters here of more of the same to come soon.  

Keep us posted on the sales and the customers reactions, please.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 8, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #37   Dec 9, 2008 8:55 am
Hey all,

Does anyone have news on how the Hoover S3670 is faring on the market as of late?  Prices for it have been coming down nicely.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 9, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 28 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42