Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover S3670 canister . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Hoover S3670 canister . . .
Original Message   Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm
Hi,

Stopped at the Hoover Company website to look for the new upright MH mentioned.  Didn't find it but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Hoover's made a serious attempt at a canister vacuum.  So serious in fact it seems to have borrowed a few things already done by Miele but what's wrong with that?  Nice thing is that the price on the website is only $299 and the machine comes with a three-year warranty.  It uses the Wind Tunnel power nozzle (Mole will probably know this nozzle's  repair record and efficiency). It might be the answer for some of the folks looking for a canister under the $400 mark.

I've included the following link to allow interested parties to browse the cleaner's user guide -- http://www.hoover.com/pdfs/manuals/S3670.pdf

Best,

Venson

Replies: 18 - 27 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Hoover S3670 canister . . .
Reply #18   Jul 29, 2008 6:26 pm
hoovergroover wrote:
Hey I just got one at my Hoover Service Center $299.99... and I got plenty of Free HEPA BAGS... I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS VAC.. I hope this is a sign of  better things to come.. One of the service guys mentioned something about a new Hoover Diamond Line comming out in 2009.. Anyway Cleaning my socks off.. just wanted to see if anyone else on the internet had a review of this vac.. BUY IT... LOVE IT!!

Nice to have a HOOVER fan on here.  Can you tell me where the new HOOVER canister is made?  I tried to download the users manual to see, but it didn't work. 

Is the new HOOVER Diamond Line in 2009 for a particular retailer? 

Thanks.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 29, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #19   Jul 29, 2008 6:40 pm
Hi Carmine,

Sorry to hear the address didn't work.  Did you try highlighting the address onscreen by dragging you cursor across it as you hold down the left mouse button and then copying and pasting it into the URL window of your browser?  In any event, you can go directly to www.hoover.com and find the S3670 at the website.  Once you click on S3670's feature page you'll find a link to the user guide PDF there.

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Jul 29, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #20   Jul 29, 2008 7:21 pm
Hi Venson:

I did it both ways and struck out.  I've been having cable/computer problems today, so that could be it!  Thanks for asking!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #21   Jul 30, 2008 7:37 pm
mole wrote:
but the agitator bearings are the same,[nylon shield] oh boy i can still use my bearing repacking gun,the one we got from HOOVER in the 60's,

Hi MOLE:

Yes, the infamous HOOVER grease gun.  It did a wonderful job packing grease into the agitator bearings.  HOOVER went to the nylon shield to avoid the white felt grease washers.  I liked the white felt washers better.  For a quick and dirty fix on a noisy bearing, just drop some oil on the felt washers and let it soak into the bearing.  Not as good as pulling the bearings, cleaning and repacking with grease, but a quick fix.

I had the HOOVER cloth bag cleaner and motor cleaner too.  Sold all the repair tools and equipment with the business.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 30, 2008 by CarmineD
hoovergroover

Reply #22   Aug 1, 2008 12:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Nice to have a HOOVER fan on here.  Can you tell me where the new HOOVER canister is made?  I tried to download the users manual to see, but it didn't work. 

Thanks.

Carmine D.

The box says made in china asm'd in Mexico guess no more Canton..OH... The Diamond Line the Service guy was talking about is to be a "premium" line. He mentioned some fancy "SteamVac" with computer controlled electronics dry sensors... I told him I was in the market for a good steamvac in the near future. I am supposing it is going to be like their aniversery models, only with some real significant changes. BTW I still love the S3670.. Love the casters, the hose, the power nozz "quick disconnect".. nice n quite, and it has a bright red light that tells me I sucked up another one of my son's toys..oops..
hoovergroover

Reply #23   Aug 1, 2008 1:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Thanks.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Thanks for the welcome BTW!! I do love Hoover's!  I had a Self proppelled upright that I bought in 1999, I had a couple of problems with it, a switch recall, some arm thing for the self propelled once and of course the yearly flat belt change. But you know I make about $15 an hour and support 3 people on that. I don't own hand knotted silk infused oriental rugs or have shag carpet or have dinner parties where I exhibit my fruity designer vac and have people stroke me over it , so the 279$ (now 199.99 Grrr.) I paid for it back then just as the $299.99 is an absolute crap load of money to me, this canister has a 3 year warranty, my old bagged self propelled had a 1 year warranty, I still have it and it runs great.. I probably would not have even looked for a new vac had I not moved into a rental with a good bit of wood floors. I bet you guys the indy vac shop owners would carry the Hoover brand and here I go to light the fuse.. if you could make money off them..  Shame on Hoover, Maytag, Whirlpool or TTI or who ever the hell owns Hoover for the next 10 minutes now for not helping you guys the mom and pops the "Real" America... I HATE the big box stores.. I would have bought it from an indy store but not a friggin single vac shop in 60 miles (that's as far as I checked) carries Hoover except for the guys at the Hoover Service Center (great service BTW)..Thank you Lord Jesus Hoover still has these shops around.. I JUST WISH THEY WERE MADE IN THE USA!! But if they were I guess we wouldn't have Hoover around anymore or I'd be paying twice what I spent.. I hope my money goes to help out a family like mine in some other developing country have a good meal, a smile and a new toy for the kiddies... That's gotta be the silver lining... Anyway GOD BLESS AMERICA.. Let's try to hold on to what we have...

CarmineD

Reply #24   Aug 2, 2008 7:08 am
HOOVERGROOVER:

Thanks for the info. 

I don't think I have the words to properly say this but here goes.  I can't think of any American industry in the last one hundred years that was invented, defined and framed so much by one single brand as vacuums and HOOVER!  May they both live forever and prosper.   

WRT HOOVER, indies and big box stores and vacuum brands, I'll message you privately.   It's a subject near and dear to my heart.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by CarmineD
ElvisPresley

Reply #25   Aug 4, 2008 2:31 pm
how much does this vacuum weigh?
thanks
Motorhead

Reply #26   Aug 4, 2008 5:15 pm
hoovergroover wrote:
Hey I just got one at my Hoover Service Center $299.99... and I got plenty of Free HEPA BAGS... I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS VAC.. I hope this is a sign of  better things to come.. One of the service guys mentioned something about a new Hoover Diamond Line comming out in 2009.. Anyway Cleaning my socks off.. just wanted to see if anyone else on the internet had a review of this vac.. BUY IT... LOVE IT!!

Hoovergroover, did you know you have a Dirt Devil?  This canister is sold in Europe as the Allegra model M7000.  Very nice machine, however, you mention that the Hoover store gave you some bags.  Just wondering if those 3 bags have a picture of the round Hoover Constellation on the front of the package.  If it does, those are not the right bags for your machine.  The correct bags have all of the writing on the bag in blue printing and have a picture of YOUR vacuum (the Dirt Devil Allegra) on the front cover.  While the bags do claim to be Type S bags (like the Constellation), they are different from the Constellation bags.  The bags for the Dirt Devil Allegra (oops, I mean Hoover Windtunnel) actually have a large piece of plastic in the bottom of the bag to deflect the airstream, keeping the dirt from penetrating the bag (like a Miele bag is designed).  In the Constellation, the motor is directly under this portion where the plastic would be; the machine would not be able to work correctly with the WindTunnel S bag in place as the air is drawn downward, and the motor would likely burn up.  They ARE two separate bags even though both are S bags and they look alike.

One of my friends bought one the day they came out.  He likes it but complains about the lack of a swivel power nozzle connection constantly.  Very difficult to use and doesn't steer at all, hindering its ability to be used under beds and such.  

Enjoy your Dirt Devil Hoover! 

-MH
This message was modified Aug 4, 2008 by Motorhead
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #27   Aug 4, 2008 10:11 pm

Well, of course he knows, because I told him in the above post.  See?

Mike_W wrote:
The S3670 has been on the website for about 3wks now.  There is nothing new about this machine.  This HOOVER does use a HOOVER power nozzle that is not available on the original.  The original is a European Dirt Devil(owned by TTI).  The S3670 will use the clothlike HEPA bags.  It will not be as good as the Riccar/Simplicity, but is an improvement over the HOOVER Windtunnel canisters of the past.

Give the model some time, it will be avail. in more places.  It just came out.
Replies: 18 - 27 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42