Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am
How can Mr Oreck,offer a 21 year warranty ,this must be one hell of a product

MOLE

Replies: 79 - 88 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Oreck/ XL 21
Reply #79   Feb 2, 2008 9:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
"There's so much more to come from the Cyclonic King!"  Sound familiar.

Promoting dyson, Mr. DC18.  The rest is all window dressing.  Sell it to Mike and jaydee.  Own up.  Let's cut through the chafe and get to the wheat.  You and your dyson clan are here to promote dyson.  Plain and simple.  Do it on dyson boards and threads.  So I and others can skip it.

Carmine D.

But Carmine,THE BAG WAS HOPELESSLY CLOGGED......

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #80   Feb 2, 2008 3:23 pm
Well, if we want to start talking about the effectiveness of dirt sensor lights, and dirt sensor-equipped machines vs. Dysons, may I provide an example from a DC17 review on the Target website:  http://www.target.com/Dyson-DC17-Animal-Vacuum...

The review is the last one on the bottom of the page.  In it, the customer says:

8 of 8 people found the following review helpful: Five starsWorth the money, October 2, 2007
Reviewer: Anne "Anne" (Ashland) - See all my reviews
I vacuum my home with my Hoover Windtunnel till the green (clean) light remained on. Then I used the animal to vacuum the same areas the amount of dirt and hair was amazing. I wish I had this vacuum when my kids were little. We have 2 cats and two dogs and the vacuum is very powerful. I know some have complained that the vacuum has damaged carpet, but to me that proves that the suction power is the best. You just need to use common sence when vacuuming. The rooms even smell fresher after vacuuming. I have noticed that my allergies are not as bad after using the vacuum for 3 weeks. I have also noticed that I do not have to dust as often.
I really like being able to see the amount of dirt instantly. The attachments are easy to use, once you figure things out. The instructions are more pictures then words. But the tools really help in getting pet hair off of furniture. I have used the vacuum in my car after taken the care to CARPOOL and the amount of hair and dirt the animal removed again amazing. You will definately feel that you have actually cleaned your home when you vacuum with the dyson.

I've known all along that a dirt sensor isn't an effective measure of what is being picked up...even CR has said this many times over the years, the March 1996 report I've referenced before being one of them!  I'd rather see the dirt itself; at least I know the machine is picking up.

Incidentally, I wasn't hunting for Dyson reviews when I found it.  I was looking on the Target website to see if the new Eureka AirExtreme canister was on there, noticed some low reviews for Eureka uprights, and decided to see what the Dyson ratings were.  So, I checked them out and this was the result.  I'll have to see if there are any reviews, both positive and negative, from any former Oreck owners.

-MH

CarmineD

Reply #81   Feb 2, 2008 5:57 pm
Well lets' see now.  First it was you Motor Mouth, then Dyson Invents Big [read expensive] then DC18 with there's more great things to come from the Cyclonic King and now its you again.  Trying hard to get Mike to banish me from the Page?  Right?  That's your motive isn't it?  So you and your dyson cronies can continue unchallenged with your dyson promotions and drivel.  Well I got news for you.  Let's get it on.

Let me tell you again as I did before on this thread.  As a dyson promoter yourself and alleged vacuum collector man, [what is your logo?]  I don't care what your anonymous reviewer, who I don't know and don't want to,  says about the HOOVER WT and the embedded dirt finder lights.  For all I know it is you.  Or another dysoner, paid to say it.  Maybe you are paid by dyson to post what you say here.  I don't know.  I don't really care.  Why?

I'll stick by and with MY OWN PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES with the HOOVER WT, Oreck Classic and dyson DC07 Pink in my home on my carpets.  AND the words of warning from the builder and his rug sub contractors to 3000 plus new home buyers:  DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, buy dysons for the rugs.  They won't work.  Which is the same advice the dyson tech line gave me when it was obvious to them that the dyson DC07 pink couldn't make one pass on my rugs without the gawdawful ratcheting noise.   AND the certifications by the Rug and Carpet Institute of America which recommend HOOVER and Oreck vacuums [read not dysons]. 

Now, how many more of your dyson promoters want in on this thread about Oreck?

Let's get it on!  Next dysoner please.

But really on a more serious note, the point of my post was to say that Orecks and lightweight vacuums provide a useful and effective alternative to daily vacuuming than a full size vacuum for persons like me [read old and physically challenged].  And hotel and motel cleaning staff who have been using Orecks for over 40 years [with complete satisfaction] so they avoid developing the same ailments from daily use of heavy full size vacuums.

Thank for the opportunity to clarify my impartial opinions for you based on your posts and links provided herein.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #82   Feb 2, 2008 10:30 pm
One key thing I didn't mention in my previous post (probably isn't worth mentioning as most are aware of it but I'll say it anyway) is that with a dirt sensor equipped machine, the dirt sensor is only an indicator of when the cleaner has stopped picking up.  That doesn't necessarily mean there's no dirt in the carpet.  So there's a good chance the WindTunnel was (hopelessly) clogged and wasn't picking up well.  Or, as James would say, wasn't working "properly".

I took the review directly from Target, where it was posted by a customer who had purchased a DC17 Animal.  Whether she (or the other happy Dyson customers) were paid to write their reviews, I have no idea.  Keep in mind there are both positive and negative reviews for that particular DC17, on the same page that I linked to and on other pages.  So I wouldn't think so.  In fact, I was scrolling through the DC14 All Floors review section, and found a person who didn't care for the DC14 and liked their old Oreck better.  To each his or her own, in the end.

-MH
This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by Motorhead
Venson

Reply #83   Feb 3, 2008 12:16 am
Hey guys,

Not meaning to start anything but I've heard this claim so many times before regarding so many vacuums.  "I vacuumed my house with my regular vacuum and then followed with the "Miracle Vac" and I couldn't believe all the dirt I picked up."  For once I'd love to hear the story the other way round . . .

"I got the Miracle Vac out of the box and went over my whole house and then I pulled out my regular vacuum . . ."  It would be very interesting to hear the result and far more worthwhile.

OR how about, "I vacuumed with the Miracle Vac got a load of dirt and went back, vacuumed with it again and couldn't find a speck of dirt."  Then you'd be really talking about something.

Venson

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by Venson
Motorhead

Reply #84   Feb 3, 2008 12:19 am
Hi Venson,

I think it would work the same way with either machine...the second one is bound to pick up more than the first.  From what I hear it's an old sales tactic.  Kirby salesmen are notorious for this, little does the unsuspecting buyer know that they could go over the same area again after the Kirby and still collect dirt.
This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by Motorhead
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #85   Feb 3, 2008 4:22 am
CarmineD wrote:

Mike if you want to lock this thread, censor me, edit and/or whatever else you do as Moderator when the dysoners get out of control, do it.  That's what the dysoners want isn't it?  And you oblige and fall right into their hands.

Carmine D.

Carmine;

I feel so popular, because you mentioned my name approx. three times in this thread.  Your statement is quite funny, since you can find "dysoners" who would tell you that I fall right into your hands.   How soon you forget, Carmine.

I made a statement above in order to end the debate or argument.  Most made their point known.  After that, you are just repeating yourself.  Everyone of you knows where each of you stand. 

Mike W.(Moderator)

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #86   Feb 3, 2008 7:26 am
Mike_W wrote:

Carmine;

I feel so popular, because you mentioned my name approx. three times in this thread.  Your statement is quite funny, since you can find "dysoners" who would tell you that I fall right into your hands.   How soon you forget, Carmine.

Mike W.(Moderator)

My old friend:

My statement was not intended to be funny.  But I hope it made you laugh.

The problem is........... I don't forget.  I remember all too well. 

Today, being the First Sunday of the Month, and me a religious man who keeps the Sabbath holy, I'll let tom dyson gashole [alias Motor Mouth/Head] and his band of merry dysoners spew their dyson drivel [read bashing anything and anyone that competes with dyson] and not respond. 

Please don't confuse my abstaining as giving in.  No. No. Not so Mike and dysoners.  Like the song says: I've only just begun.

Again, on a more serious note, my sincere thanks and appreciation for being given the opportunity to express my impartial opinions and comments based on the posts and links expressed herein. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #87   Feb 3, 2008 11:26 am
Motorhead wrote:
One key thing I didn't mention in my previous post (probably isn't worth mentioning as most are aware of it but I'll say it anyway) is that with a dirt sensor equipped machine, the dirt sensor is only an indicator of when the cleaner has stopped picking up.  That doesn't necessarily mean there's no dirt in the carpet.  So there's a good chance the WindTunnel was (hopelessly) clogged and wasn't picking up well.  Or, as James would say, wasn't working "properly".

-MH

Hey M.H., how do you know that the dyson works properly?.Is it because Jimmy says it does.Do you have any first hand proof that it does?Do you work for Dyson?.Did you actually have anything to do with the set up on the machine?Have you ever sat with Jimmy and gone over his inventions?.Did you personally keep airway in business for a while?.Do you take credit for putting the end to Hoover?. Do you still run around the country promoting dyson?,do you still complain to your buddies in the southern part of the country.And by the way Tommy Anderson,says HI...................

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #88   Feb 3, 2008 9:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
My old friend:

My statement was not intended to be funny.  But I hope it made you laugh.

The problem is........... I don't forget.  I remember all too well. 

Today, being the First Sunday of the Month, and me a religious man who keeps the Sabbath holy, I'll let tom dyson gashole [alias Motor Mouth/Head] and his band of merry dysoners spew their dyson drivel [read bashing anything and anyone that competes with dyson] and not respond. 

Please don't confuse my abstaining as giving in.  No. No. Not so Mike and dysoners.  Like the song says: I've only just begun.

Again, on a more serious note, my sincere thanks and appreciation for being given the opportunity to express my impartial opinions and comments based on the posts and links expressed herein. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

First off, my name isn't Tom.  That being said, due to the nature of the Internet I prefer to keep anonymous on here like a lot of people.  I am not affiliated with Dyson in any way shape or form, I just own a DC21 Stowaway canister that has changed my opinion on it greatly.  Also, I have not been this Dyson "addict" (for lack of a better word) all my life.  Like many, I was in fact skeptical of the Dyson cleaner when it came out 6 years ago!  I bet you were not aware of that.

Second of all, why must you attack anyone who supports the Dyson and resort to using personal attacks (no less) as such?  You and Mole criticize the Dyson and James Dyson incessantly, yet when we constructively criticize the Oreck, you call it "bashing".  Is there a double standard I'm missing?  You seem to take the Forums way too seriously, calling us "dysoners" like we're some kind of a cult or something.  Please.  That and "jaydee" are two of the most laughable phrases I've heard (not to mention ridiculous) and serve no purpose other than making you look foolish (and immature).  In addition, you make the "Motor mouth" comment.  I find that interesting, why?  Well, I have been here for 3 months and have posted 85 times, including this one.  You have been here for a little over 1 month and have twice the amount of posts I have.  Enough said.

Mole,

How do I know that the Dyson works properly and isn't all hype like most everything else out there?  Well, let's see.  I've vacuumed up the contents of various machines, such as a Filter Queen bin and other bags/etc., and the Dyson has handled it all without losing suction or airflow.  I have not babied my DC21 by any means.  And now do I know that it's not losing power?  Simple.  I can tell if a machine's power is dropping off by hearing the change in motor pitch.  My DC21 does not do that, and the suction remains constant.  As for your other comments, those had me lost so I have no idea what you were talking about.

At any rate, I've said all there is to say about the Dyson and it seems that defending it is futile.  I have no desire to continue this childish "debate", answering these blatently snide comments, so this is my last post on this thread as such.  You two continue all you like.

-MH
This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by Motorhead
Replies: 79 - 88 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42