Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Oreck/ XL 21
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am
How can Mr Oreck,offer a 21 year warranty ,this must be one hell of a product

MOLE

Replies: 69 - 78 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck/ XL 21
Reply #69   Jan 31, 2008 4:00 pm
Motorhead wrote:
On a more serious note, in regards to Just's post about a secondary machine,

Very telling introductory remark, which followed your "let's all make up and be nice again" on this thread. 

I infer that the 'hijacking' [your word, not mine] of this thread and the ensuing Oreck bashing are not serious matters in your view.  Just another fun time had by all on the Forum for you and the dysoners.  Until you are challenged.  Since you now announced the desist and retreat, you are ready to put out the word that its time now to get serious.  And back to the business of this Forum.  Thank you for your permission.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2008 by CarmineD
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #70   Jan 31, 2008 4:17 pm
It is really time to let this thing go.  It does not mean that it will go away.  It will come back again, I am sure.  Everyone has said their peace about the subject.

Mike W.(Moderator)
CarmineD

Reply #71   Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm
Mike_W wrote:
It is really time to let this thing go.  It does not mean that it will go away.  It will come back again, I am sure.  Everyone has said their peace about the subject.

Mike W.(Moderator)

If the past is any prediction of the future, you can count on it.  And I'm ready to rumble.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by a moderator
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #72   Feb 1, 2008 6:18 pm
Yes this link is just about the Oreck XL21 but as there was a link posted on this thread to Oreck website where Oreck was comparing it to Dyson that is why the subject has digressed!  All I can say it answered one question for me.  Oreck can not replace or do as good a job of a full size vacuum even though Oreck says it can on his website a few of you have proved and mentioned it 's  used as a second cleaner and a full size vacuum is used for deeper vacuuming!  I'd rather do a proper job to start of with!

DC18

This message was modified Feb 1, 2008 by DC18
DC18

Reply #73   Feb 1, 2008 6:24 pm
Thanks Just for your comments/observations.

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #74   Feb 2, 2008 7:26 am
DC18 wrote:
Yes this link is just about the Oreck XL21 but as there was a link posted on this thread to Oreck website where Oreck was comparing it to Dyson that is why the subject has digressed!  All I can say it answered one question for me.  Oreck can not replace or do as good a job of a full size vacuum even though Oreck says it can on his website a few of you have proved and mentioned it 's  used as a second cleaner and a full size vacuum is used for deeper vacuuming!  I'd rather do a proper job to start of with!

DC18

Well smartee, add this to my observations and comments.

As I said, I use the Oreck daily for vacuuming and complement with a full size like the HOOVER WT weekly and as needed.

This week I changed up.  I noted the HOOVER's full bag indicator was beginning to edge off it's mark.  Not that it is full.  Probably half.  I don't wait until it fully engages and the bag is full.  In part because of my dear Wife's allergy and sinus issues.

So, this week I've been vacuuming with the HOOVER.  Any full size would do.  In part, because I want to change the bag this week [tomorrow].

Well, after a week of doing so [vacuuming with the full size], this morning I threw my back out feeding the dog.  Bending over as I do all the time.  Old Army injury.  But aggravated over the years with age and neglect and abuse. It will take about 14 days to get back to normal with a routine of 3 kinds of medications [all prescription] daily with different dosages starting on full to final weaning off as pain subsides.  Of course the medications have other physical side effects which I've learned to deal with.

No doubt the reason is using the HOOVER this week and not the Oreck.  And my dear Wife will tell me so, as she's done in the past.  Let me also add, that the HOOVER WT has the embedded dirt finder lights.  And without fail, whenever I change from Oreck to HOOVER, and vacuum over the areas I used the Oreck, the HOOVER indicator stays green.  NO dirt.  Not with the dyson DC07 Pink.  Use the dyson, vacuum over with the HOOVER and red light stays on for a few passes [picking up] , then goes green.

My sense is there are about 80 million or more Americans like me [read old with physical limitations] in the US.  Perfect candidates for Oreck and lightweight vacuums.  Not to mention all the hotel and motel staff who would eventually develop similar back problems problems as mine if they lugged dysons and full sized vacuums around for daily cleaning for years.  No doubt the reason, in part, jaydee added the DC18 for which you took your name here and a bunch of new baby dysons.  Maybe he's looking to tap into Oreck's lock on the hotel and motel rug cleaning in the US?  NEVER HAPPEN. 

LIke your other dyson buddies here and on other vacuum Forums you too look for excuses and others to blame to promote your pro dyson drivel whenever you can.  Own up and continue to post your dyson pics which is what you are good at.  You and your dyson clan want to continue bashing Oreck here, I'm ready to take you on and defend it.  Let's get it on.  

Mike if you want to lock this thread, censor me, edit and/or whatever else you do as Moderator when the dysoners get out of control, do it.  That's what the dysoners want isn't it?  And you oblige and fall right into their hands.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Reply #75   Feb 2, 2008 7:58 am
I'm not 'bashing' Oreck just making observations and general comments from comments and links put on this and any other thread on here.

I'm not getting into an argument or debate as there is no need too.   I don't use excuses or lay blame on other products to make Dyson look good.  I just make inpartical observations and comments like everyone else on here.

DC18

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #76   Feb 2, 2008 8:21 am
With a name like DC18, it's clear to me based on your posts that you are here for ONE reason and one reason only:  To promote dyson and everything with its name.  Just like dysoners have done on all other vacuum forums, only in the past they used their names.  That's my impartial opinion.  Based on your posts and pics. 

Didn't one of you dysoners post early on in this Page words to effect: "Let's keep the dyson threads on top of the page so keep posting!"  If that's not promoting, what then?  Impartial opinions and comments?  "Playing" as Mike likes to call it.  Sell it to Mike and jaydee, not me.  I'm not buying it. 

That's fine. Different strokes for different strokes.  Do it on the dyson boards and on the dyson threads.  So people like me and others who want to skip over the same old dyson drivel you post can read about the vacuums of our choice and interest.  Not yours and dysoners. 

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify for you and all your dyson fans my impartial and objective opinion based on the comments and narrative expressed herein.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Carmine D.

DC18

Reply #77   Feb 2, 2008 8:56 am
I read all the threads on here with general interest.  If I was just a pure Dyson Fan why did I post a new thread about Vax UK launching the Mach series of vacs (same as the Hoover US ones).  I wouldn't have bothered doing so if that was the case.  I have an interest in Vax as well since we had one of there first UK  3 in 1 machines.  I also have an interest in the Sebo Felix (UK) but I prefer to use Dyson like yourself prefers the Oreck and Hoover.  Same as I prefer Bissell carpet cleaning machines over the Vax ones but I still look with interest as to what all the vacuum cleaners manufactors are doing!

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #78   Feb 2, 2008 9:01 am
"There's so much more to come from the Cyclonic King!"  Sound familiar.

Promoting dyson, Mr. DC18.  The rest is all window dressing.  Sell it to Mike and jaydee.  Own up.  Let's cut through the chafe and get to the wheat.  You and your dyson clan are here to promote dyson.  Plain and simple.  Do it on dyson boards and threads.  So I and others can skip it.

Carmine D.

Replies: 69 - 78 of 88Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42