Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson, In The News...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson, In The News...
Original Message   Sep 11, 2007 5:40 pm

This message was modified Jan 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 259 - 268 of 278Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Dyson, In The News...
Reply #259   Jun 25, 2008 10:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
True to a degree.  A customer gets one tune up free per year.  If a blockage occurs, the customer can make that the free yearly tune-up.  No charge.  Or, the blockages are easy for users to correct themselves.  The ORECK Users guide shows clearly with directions and illustrations. 

I've used the Classic XL every day for over a year.  No blockages.  Brush is still brand new.  As are the edge cleaning whiskers.  My dear Wife picked up a quarter by mistake.  No broken fan.  I replace the belt every 6 months.  This is the ORECK store policy.  User Guide says 9 months, I think.  Cost is $3.00 from ORECK, less from a indy.  It is easy for a user to do and the Users Guide illustrates and explains.

Carmine D.

CarmineD wrote:
Dusty:

Like you who may or may not charge to replace a belt, ORECK stores do the same.  I suspect ORECK customers with the top of line model do not pay for belt changes and blockages at many stores in/out of the annual tune ups [two of the repairs you mentioned].  Is that the stated policy?  No.  But it is good business. 

For ORECK these above repairs are minor.  Done by the users in most cases in no time.  For other vacuum brands including big box stores, they are not minor.  The vacuums have to be taken into a store and be done for a fee.

Carmine D.

In the first response you speak as if you are positive that a trip to Oreck to unclog counts as an annual freebie,  You now SUSPECT ( only after dusty offered free service) that Oreck does the same.

As usual you state your opion as fact then later have to side step.  Is it free or is there a charge?

FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP.

HARDSELL

Reply #260   Jun 25, 2008 10:40 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Why should the consumer have to clear blockages on a $800 vacuum or have to take the vacuum in as a warranty issue to have a belt installed. 

HS:

Dusty and I answer this question, seriously.  Here is the message exchange for you to read again.

Dusty:

I use to tell my vacuum customers that a vacuum will live a long life with a little care and love, but it will surely die a costly death without it.  Do you tell your customers the same?

Carmine D.

I tell them the same, whether they choose to listen is another story.  When you also consider that many vacs are purchased online or in big box stores with NO sales help it's not hard to see where problems could arise.

Carmine D.

AGAIN, ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Your response is not related to my question. 

Why does an $800 Oreck have to constantly be returned to a dealer for clogs and belts.  This has nothing to do with what you tell a customer.  BTW, I was referring to Oreck and they do not tell you that their vacuums clog.

CarmineD

Reply #261   Jun 25, 2008 12:42 pm
HS:

What proof do you have that ORECK-s have to be returned to a dealer for clogs and belts?  You have never owned one for more than 30 days.  I've owned and used one for over a year.  No clogs.  No blockages.  No need to bring in for belt changes.  Any one can replace an ORECK belt in 2 minutes, except perhaps you. 

Are you working all this up in your creative mind based on one of Dusty's posts? 

You and most others here have rarely if ever visited an ORECK store.  I've probably visited more than 100 in my vacuum career.  I frequent the 2 stores in LV monthly/more often.  The ORECK stores' staffs tell me 80 percent of the vacuums they service and carry parts for are not ORECKS.  They're other brands.  Including dysons.  The dysons are are brought in with clogged filters, cracked/broken dirt bins, loss of suction, broken hoses, pieces missing, poor pick up on rugs, and other repairs too numerous to mention.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by CarmineD
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #262   Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm
Here's some real Dyson news; Dyson is developing electric power plants for automobiles.

http://gizmodo.com/5019486/dyson-pursuing-electric-cars
CarmineD

Reply #263   Jun 25, 2008 1:11 pm
iMacDaddy:

Thanks but your real dyson news was posted 3 times before.  M00seUK, DIB, Venson came before. 

I'll pose this question to you and others.  If dyson can't improve the run time on the DC16 batteries beyond 5 minutes in over 2 years, what makes us think it can design and produce a car that runs on batteries?

It makes for good news story [or more correctly hype].  Why?  To justify dyson's employment of 450 engineers and 12 designers.  Are they gainfully employed?  Or under-utilized?  Tell me.  Where's the beef for all this spent money?

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #264   Jun 25, 2008 1:33 pm
I'm not sure if Dyson is looking into engineering a more efficient battery as much as he is looking into creating a highly efficient electric car engine that produces zero carbon emisions. Companies like A123 Systems, Bosch, and Samsung are moving forward with Lithium Ion battery development that will have them available for the automotive market around 2010. Toyota, General Motors, and Tesla have outsourced battery development to those companies mentioned above. The only car company that I know of that is developing battery packs in-house is Mercedes Benz (they own many patents on their automotive battery technology). Mercedes will roll out several electric cars under their Mercedes Benz and Smart brands within the next three years.
mole

Reply #265   Jun 25, 2008 2:15 pm
Didnt someone in JAPAN get a car to run on water,i thought i saw this on msnbc it looked like a tata car a big golfcart,the commentator said within 3 hours either big oil or auto manufactures would be knocking down this guys door to get at his invention,[buy him out].The car  said H2O on the side,

The automotive aftermarket has been marketing water injection units for injected cars for a while now[HOLLEY CORP].

MOLE

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by mole
CarmineD

Reply #266   Jun 25, 2008 4:54 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:
I'm not sure if Dyson is looking into engineering a more efficient battery as much as he is looking into creating a highly efficient electric car engine that produces zero carbon emisions.

Thank you iMacDaddy.

I agree with you.  Dyson scrubbed retooling/improving the DC16 save the motorized brush which more probably detracts from the existing 5-6 minute run time and costs $50 more.  Laughable.   

I recall the HSN launch of the DC16.  A half dozen of the DC16-s were used to perform the TV demo.  One stopped dead in the middle of the demo. They quickly went to another one to resume/complete the pick up process. 

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #267   Jun 25, 2008 5:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

This got pushed to the back after some lengthy posts by HS.  I wanted to make sure you see it since you were kind enough to post the Forbes links about dyson.  I subscribed to Forbes years ago.  No more.  Not after father Forbes passed.  Steve Forbes, his son, is okay.  Not a good presidential candidate and politician.  But not like his Harley riding Dad.  May his soul rest in peace.

Any thoughts?  Please tell us which dyson you consider to be the signature model.  Thanks.

BTW, the ubend airway joint kow towed in importance by dyson fans:  Without it and in most cases it was missing and never made it out of the box, caused the DC07 not to have any suction in the tool mode.   Buck item.  Poor design and function.

Carmine D.

I am amazed by your lies, Carmine.  From the time the DYSON DC07 was launched in the UK in 2000 up to today in 2008, the U-bend has always remained the same.  In addition to that, the DC07 has not been discontinued and neither has the DC14, or 15 for that matter.  The fact that there are now so many different models means that not all retailers are going to carry all models.  It was the DC07 after all, that built DYSON's reputation for superior cleaning ability.  The machine is considered bulletproof and is and will continue to be manufactured.  Independent DYSON dealers will likely carry it as an exclusive model, since it more than likely will not continue to be available at big-box stores.

There's 2 for 2.  By the way, the DC11 was not a "miserable failure" and is still being manufactured.  Only 4 DYSON models have been retired because none of them use Root Cyclone technology, they are just dual-cyclone machines.  All Root Cyclone DYSONS are still being manufactured. 

The only "miserable failure" I see here, well I see two of them.  One of them owns a vac shop selling bojack DYSON parts, and the other one is living out his last days in the desert

-MH
This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by Motorhead
HARDSELL

Reply #268   Jun 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Motorhead wrote:
I am amazed by your lies, Carmine.  From the time the DYSON DC07 was launched in the UK in 2000 up to today in 2008, the U-bend has always remained the same.  In addition to that, the DC07 has not been discontinued and neither has the DC14, or 15 for that matter.  The fact that there are now so many different models means that not all retailers are going to carry all models.  It was the DC07 after all, that built DYSON's reputation for superior cleaning ability.  The machine is considered bulletproof and is and will continue to be manufactured.  Independent DYSON dealers will likely carry it as an exclusive model, since it more than likely will not continue to be available at big-box stores.

There's 2 for 2.  By the way, the DC11 was not a "miserable failure" and is still being manufactured.  Only 4 DYSON models have been retired because none of them use Root Cyclone technology, they are just dual-cyclone machines.  All Root Cyclone DYSONS are still being manufactured. 

The only "miserable failure" I see here, well I see two of them.  One of them owns a vac shop selling bojack DYSON parts, and the other one is living out his last days in the desert

-MH

MH.

Go easy on Carmine.  There is a difference is telling a lie and speaking out of stupidity.

Replies: 259 - 268 of 278Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42