Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson, In The News...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson, In The News...
Original Message   Sep 11, 2007 5:40 pm

This message was modified Jan 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 269 - 278 of 278Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson, In The News...
Reply #269   Jun 25, 2008 8:31 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
MH.

Go easy on Carmine.  There is a difference is telling a lie and speaking out of stupidity.

HS:

You're right.  A liar knows better.  A stupid person doesn't.  Unlike you, I am neither.  Do you know which you are?  Answer honestly.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #270   Jun 25, 2008 8:36 pm
Motor:

You were wrong on the ORECK stores.   You're wrong on the U bend airway joint on the first DC07-s launched here in the USA.  It was a detachable/attachable tube.  With a thumb tab.  Customers mistook the tab for a handle release.  Stepped on it.  It came off and most store staff didn't know how to attach.  The dyson manual was of no assistance.  When it was off, the dyson had no suction in the tool mode.

We have an expert here, Matt mmc [Airblade], who clarified this matter once before on a Forum.  He can do it again for you!  Matt would you like to chime in here and bail out one of your fans?

I hold in abeyance my responses to some of your other commentary until this is resolved. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #271   Jun 25, 2008 9:31 pm
Wrong on the Oreck stores?  Explain please.  9 times out of 10 with any store, the staff is overly friendly and enthusiastic due to being desperate for business.  And yes, I was the sole visitor on more than one occasion. 

As to the U-bend, it's not difficult to reattach at all (just snaps into place) and really tells me a thing or two about the IQ of sales floor staff...not DYSON's problem, but the problem of the bumbling morons working at Best Buy and other places.

-MH
This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by Motorhead
HARDSELL

Reply #272   Jun 26, 2008 12:08 am
Motorhead wrote:
Wrong on the Oreck stores?  Explain please.  9 times out of 10 with any store, the staff is overly friendly and enthusiastic due to being desperate for business.  And yes, I was the sole visitor on more than one occasion. 

As to the U-bend, it's not difficult to reattach at all (just snaps into place) and really tells me a thing or two about the IQ of sales floor staff...not DYSON's problem, but the problem of the bumbling morons working at Best Buy and other places.

-MH

Dyson was not meant to be for the mentally challenged like Carmine.  He needs something simple like Oreck. 
HARDSELL

Reply #273   Jun 26, 2008 12:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You're right.  A liar knows better.  A stupid person doesn't.  Unlike you, I am neither.  Do you know which you are?  Answer honestly.

Carmine D.

My apology Carmine.  You are both.

Is this a riddle?

dusty

Reply #274   Jun 26, 2008 12:42 am
mole wrote:
Didnt someone in JAPAN get a car to run on water,i thought i saw this on msnbc it looked like a tata car a big golfcart,the commentator said within 3 hours either big oil or auto manufactures would be knocking down this guys door to get at his invention,[buy him out].The car  said H2O on the side,

The automotive aftermarket has been marketing water injection units for injected cars for a while now[HOLLEY CORP].

MOLE

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/13/genepax-shows-off-water-powered-fuel-cell-vehicle/

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #275   Jun 26, 2008 7:03 am
Motorhead wrote:

-MH

Motor:

Try again.  Think.  You said new ORECK-s were sold only through ORECK stores.  WRONG.  Many indy-s, as I told you and you accused me of lying, sell new ORECK-s and have for years.  After I told you, a customer here pointed out your error when she demoed a new ORECK at an indy.  You subsequently were told too the same as I told you by a personal/professional friend.  And admitted the error here in a post.  Think and act before you falsely accuse others of false statements with untruths yourself.  As MOLE says:  Rookies!

I agree with you about the lack of vacuum savvy among big box store staff.  Dyson chose this venue.  [Could have used the ORECK model which was the context of the posts' exchanges we had for the subject of the paragraph above].  Dyson didn't.  Dyson made the mistake.  Truth be told, sales staff  are not trained well by the dyson reps.  I've heard complaints about the dyson reps from store staffs all over the country.  And still.  One dyson rep who left a big box retailer right before I arrived failed to advise the store sales staff of the new filter maintenance on the DC24/25.  Both dysons were displayed unused on the end cap.  I pointed out to the manager who quickly blamed the dyson rep for the mistake[s].

Easy or not, [and it appears you are now agreeing that the u-bend air way joint was removable just as I said], dyson corrected it by making it a permanent fixture on the DC07.  After the USA launch and the problem surfaced [thanks in part to dyson critics].

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 26, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #276   Jun 26, 2008 7:12 am
Motorhead wrote:
I am amazed by your lies, Carmine.  From the time the DYSON DC07 was launched in the UK in 2000 up to today in 2008, the U-bend has always remained the same.  In addition to that, the DC07 has not been discontinued and neither has the DC14, or 15 for that matter.  The fact that there are now so many different models means that not all retailers are going to carry all models.  It was the DC07 after all, that built DYSON's reputation for superior cleaning ability.  The machine is considered bulletproof and is and will continue to be manufactured.  Independent DYSON dealers will likely carry it as an exclusive model, since it more than likely will not continue to be available at big-box stores.

There's 2 for 2.  By the way, the DC11 was not a "miserable failure" and is still being manufactured.  Only 4 DYSON models have been retired because none of them use Root Cyclone technology, they are just dual-cyclone machines.  All Root Cyclone DYSONS are still being manufactured. 

The only "miserable failure" I see here, well I see two of them.  One of them owns a vac shop selling bojack DYSON parts, and the other one is living out his last days in the desert

-MH

Hi Tom, I mean M.H.,

I am glad that you have such a high opinion of me,

FYI, i own more than 1 little vacuum shop, have been in this business longer than you and your so called buddies have been alive.I can not believe the xxxxx that you expel from that DYSON infected brain of yours,

Why dont you tell the forum about your expertise in having forums shutdown? About the near criminal episodes you and your bunch, Hows things at the vacuum collectors club,i hear you have 3 members now.

I bet that it really burns you that many dealers wont sell dyson just because you have been involved with it. I  hope your new job at dyson  bars you from using a computor,you worthless maggott.

mole
This message was modified Jun 26, 2008 by a moderator
CarmineD

Reply #277   Jun 26, 2008 7:24 am
HARDSELL wrote:
My apology Carmine.  You are both.

Is this a riddle?

You're right.  HS.  Unlike you here, I am both honest and I know better [which by logical deduction rules out stupid].  Thank you, Sir.

But I was talking about you!  Who buys and sells the best products they have.  For 40 years.  Then kicks themselves everyday for 40 years for doing so?  A liar and/or a stupid person?  Or as you say both?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 26, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #278   Jun 26, 2008 1:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You're right.  HS.  Unlike you here, I am both honest and I know better [which by logical deduction rules out stupid].  Thank you, Sir.

But I was talking about you!  Who buys and sells the best products they have.  For 40 years.  Then kicks themselves everyday for 40 years for doing so?  A liar and/or a stupid person?  Or as you say both?

Carmine D.

If you are honest and know better why do you tell lies and state stupid opinions as fact?

Why did you sell junk for so many years as a so called pro.  Took customers money dihonestly because you could have (you say) sold Oreck whidh is better than any product you sold.  I can always get another Dyson when I choose. You can't repay all that yu stole.

Tell us again how your wife knew more than a 40 year vet about vacuums.  Talk about stupid.

Replies: 269 - 278 of 278Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42