Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Unexplained shutdowns

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

Unexplained shutdowns
Original Message   Mar 1, 2005 6:24 pm
My new (this season) Ariens 8526 works well and I love it.  But (you knew there was a 'but' coming up), twice now the motor has stopped for no apparent reason.  It just shuts down.  I then check the gas tank.  There is gas.  Both times I pushed it back to the garage and decided to try to start it.  Both times it started on the second pull and proceeded to run just fine while I finished the job.  Any ideas about whats happening?  As long as it restarts, I don't consider it a 'showstopper' type of problem.  But I would like to know why it shuts down. 

The fuel that is in the tank now is about a month old and it has stabilizer in it.

All input is appreciated.   

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42