Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Unexplained shutdowns

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

Unexplained shutdowns
Original Message   Mar 1, 2005 6:24 pm
My new (this season) Ariens 8526 works well and I love it.  But (you knew there was a 'but' coming up), twice now the motor has stopped for no apparent reason.  It just shuts down.  I then check the gas tank.  There is gas.  Both times I pushed it back to the garage and decided to try to start it.  Both times it started on the second pull and proceeded to run just fine while I finished the job.  Any ideas about whats happening?  As long as it restarts, I don't consider it a 'showstopper' type of problem.  But I would like to know why it shuts down. 

The fuel that is in the tank now is about a month old and it has stabilizer in it.

All input is appreciated.   

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 16 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Re: Unexplained shutdowns
Reply #16   Mar 9, 2005 7:17 am
Thanks Jubol--I am gradually getting my strength back.  Have a long way to go, but I am on my way.   Missed the month I was in and out of the hospital.   Spring is on the way down here in the deep south.  Grass is growing and the doctor tells me no mowing .   Man I am lost.  I love to cut grass.  You all take care and may the God of this world watch over you and your family and keep you now and always.----Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #17   Mar 9, 2005 3:14 pm
Hi Will _

Good to here from you!!!!!!

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #18   Mar 9, 2005 3:49 pm
Thanks Marc---I am feeling good and on the road to recovery.   Wish you the best and we will talke- later---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 16 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42