Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Riding mower identification, (MTD) Mastercut 38 inch deck 12hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Riding mower identification, (MTD) Mastercut 38 inch deck 12hp
Original Message   May 6, 2011 3:20 pm
   Got a Mastercut riding mower with a 12hp Briggs I/C engine.    The factory number is rubbed off its tag.  If anyone has one of these please post the factory number.

The maker tag has AeroIndustries but I think it was made by MTD.  I'm not sure when MTD tookover AreoIndustries so it may be AreoIndustries made.  If you have a Lawnboy or some other brand with the same features then it's MTD.  The year is around 1985-1989.  The closest I've found so far is an Agway 300 which is an MTD #137-332-019.

The engine on this seems shot.  The compression is 30psi.  I can turn the flywheel easily by hand through the compression stroke.

UPDATE: Got it started and it runs very well.  Cut a big section of lawn and no engine sag.  Went up a steep hill cutting and no sag.  The engine seems fine.  ??  Ran it up and down the street and it ran fine.

This message was modified May 6, 2011 by trouts2
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42