Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Original Message   Jan 27, 2005 8:44 am
Hi Fred,

I couldn't find the thread on this list when this subject came up a few days ago, so I thought I'd make a new one.  I saw the Mpeg on their website you sent me to and thought it was great.  It almost seems too good to be true how well this works.  I should have it in my hands in a few days and you can bet I'm going to demo it for myself just as they did in the Mpeg.  I think I'll be leaving out all the debris in my test, but will certainly try the "water" trick.  Thank you again for recommending it to me

Richie
Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Reply #22   Jan 28, 2005 4:23 pm
I just tested this funnel for myself and was amazed.  I initially thought it was a joke because the extremely fine screen it comes with sits on top of a recessed cup area.  Since water is heavier than fuel, water would naturally settle to the bottom and only the fuel would be filtered through the screen.  To my surprise and after reading the instructions, the cup does serve that purpose, but the screen itself will not allow water to pass either.  As instructed, I filled the funnel with tap water, not only beyond the catch cup area, but covering over 1/3 height of the screen.  NOT a single drop of water passed   I'm sold, this thing really works! 

Fred, drinks are on me

Richie
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #23   Jan 28, 2005 4:58 pm
Emmo & jubol...

Good tips on estimating how much fuel is needed and using just that amount or less to fill the OPE with the funnel...

I too find it a pain to fill the tanks thru the funnel... but I do...
pour... stop... lift funnel... look into tank... replace funnel...

...especially when filling my compact utility tractor...
I have to stand on the tractor's front tire...
...wedge something to keep the funnel in the fuel tank opening so it dosen't tip...
...and pour diesel fuel from a 5 gallon jug...
pour... stop... lift funnel... look into tank... replace funnel & wedge...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Emmo

Reply #24   Jan 28, 2005 5:13 pm
Richie wrote:
Hey Fred,

This was the strangest thing with this Ebay seller.  First, this guy had the fastest shipping I've ever seen.  I was on the computer checking the tracking number, and it says it's out at my front door  Then I open it up, great packaging by the way, inside was a one page instructions, the guys business card paper clipped to the instructions with $3.00 cash to boot   The actual total with shipping I sent them using PayPal was $23.74.  I've never heard of a refund like this, but I'm not complaining, just caught off guard.  Anyway, great funnel. 

We must have bought from the same guy.  Yeah, he was super quick and gave me change back from the shipping charges.  When was the last time ANY merchant worried about overcharging for shipping and handling??
robmints

Reply #25   Jan 29, 2005 9:16 pm
I hate these stupid new gas cans.

How do you put pressure on the side of the funnel to keep the can open?
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Reply #26   Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
I have been using the Briggs & Stratton Smart Fil Gas Can for years and love it, but I have to admit, I was impressed witht the video on Mr Funnel's web page. The Smart Fil can  is great because it has a good filter built into it and I absolutely never spill gas when filling my OPE to the top, but I haven't seen anything that will keep out the water and dirt, etc. like the Mr. Funnel appears to do.

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
mrmom

Reply #27   Jan 31, 2005 6:31 pm
Got the funnel today. Pretty quick shipping and the guy even gave me a refund on shipping costs. Had a couple of dollars paper-clipped to the one page instructions along with his business card. Can't beat that!

Tried out the funnel and it works great!

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #28   Jan 31, 2005 6:43 pm
Patrick,

Try the water test, you won't believe it

Richie
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #29   Jan 31, 2005 9:48 pm
Does the funnel have filters that need to be replaced, or is it like one of those brass coffee filters where you just have to clean it out.  (I'm not comparing this product to a coffee filter)

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #30   Jan 31, 2005 10:05 pm
SnowRemover wrote:
Does the funnel have filters that need to be replaced, or is it like one of those brass coffee filters where you just have to clean it out.  (I'm not comparing this product to a coffee filter)

--SnowRemover

The filter is permanently attached. You just clean it out.

Try filling it to the top with water and it will probably pass some. Mine does. But that is beyond what it what designed to do in terms of water pressure on the filter membrane.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #31   Jan 31, 2005 10:20 pm
It has a teflon coated stainless filter.  It filters down to 74 microns.  I don't know how small that is, but considering it won't allow water to pass unless under pressure, I'd say it's a very fine filter.

HighWind, make sure it doesn't pass water at 1/3 full.  Bill said if it passes that test, its perfect.  He has only seen one bad one that was damaged during shipping in all the time he's been selling them.  I would expect it to leak some filling it to the top.  I suppose that is good to know, I would imagine I should pour fuel into it slowly so not to allow the free water to pass through the filter.  Maybe that is what the recessed cup area is for.  Any water would or should end up down in that area anyway.

Richie
Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42