Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928TA Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kderobertis

Honda HS928TA Snowblower
Original Message   Mar 9, 2010 2:21 pm
I'm looking to order a Honda HS928TA (recoil only) snowblower in mid April so I'm guaranteed to get one in late summer/early fall, but have no dealers on Long Island that have anything in stock, so I could see the physical size of this machine.

So forum members, any additional thoughts on this machine?  I have searched various threads and there are many people suggesting the HS928 over the HS724, basically because of the limited hp on the HS724.

I currently have a Ariens 624 for the last 5 years, good machine, served it's purpose, but looking to take it to the next level.  My biggest issue with the Ariens is the EOD issue, not easy but it does it job, now looking for something that won't have an issue. 

I would like to see the machine before placing a down payment, but these snowblower are very rare on Long Island (track version) and all dealers claim this is a special order unit, they don't stock them.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2010 by kderobertis

Ken

Replies: 7 - 16 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
kderobertis

Re: Honda HS928TA Snowblower
Reply #7   Mar 10, 2010 6:09 am
Nope, it's the Honda I will be getting... that has been determined. I was going to make a visit to Champion Honda, buy have seen at least a dozen recent complains from customers. I also checked them on BBB and they gave them a grade of "F".
This message was modified Mar 10, 2010 by kderobertis

Ken

kderobertis

Reply #8   Mar 10, 2010 6:20 am
kderobertis wrote:
Nope, it's the Honda I will be getting... that has been determined. I currently have an Ariens 624, no complaints, does it's job, but looking to upgrade to the Honda. The one pull start, quite engine and hydrostatic drive are my main selling points that put this above the rest.
I was going to make a visit to Champion Honda, but have seen at least a dozen recent complaints from customers. I also checked them on BBB and they gave them a grade of "F", I guess they have no interest in correcting a bad reputation..
This message was modified Mar 10, 2010 by kderobertis

Ken

kderobertis

Reply #9   Mar 10, 2010 6:46 am
kderobertis wrote:
Nope, it's the Honda I will be getting... that has been determined. I currently have an Ariens 624, no complaints, does it's job, but looking to upgrade to the Honda. The one pull start, quite engine and hydrostatic drive are my main selling points that put this above the rest.
I was going to make a visit to Champion Honda, but have seen at least a dozen recent complaints from customers. I also checked them on BBB and they gave them a grade of "F", I guess they have no interest in correcting a bad reputation..

Ken

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #10   Mar 10, 2010 7:13 am
Ken- There used to be a large OPE dealer in Huntington North of 25A on the West side of the street not to far from the Harbor. I haven't been up that way in a while but if he is still in business you could give him a call.He usually had the full line of Honda Blowers on the floor. There is also a dealer in Port Jefferson just off of  Route 347. Every time I have been in there he has had machines in for service as well as units on the floor. If you just need to see one for size you can try there. If I can find the names I will edit this post.

The 928 is as all 28" machines a little large to try and fit between the cars in a traditional 2 car garage. 

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #11   Mar 10, 2010 7:25 am
Ken- Google Honda Snow Blowers and go to the factory site. There is a dealer locator feature on the bottom of the page. They list 15 dealers for Snow Equiptment in your zip code. Someones got to have one or at least one in for service they can show you.

Marc

This message was modified Mar 10, 2010 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
kderobertis

Reply #12   Mar 10, 2010 8:43 am
Marc,

The one in Huntington is called "Village Power Tools", I have purchased many things from him.... great pricing.  He doesn't stock those models.

I have tried the dealer locator on the Honda Power Equiptment website and called them all.... nobody has nothing and really doesn't want to stock much because of the economic situation.  They rather have nothing then to have a machine sitting thru the summer.  All dealers ordered less than usual for 2009 and with the few storms we received sold them all out. 

Ken

mikiewest

Reply #13   Mar 11, 2010 9:10 pm
Im shocked to hear that a Honda Snowblower would clog and cant out throw a Toro.I have filled my bucket w/all types of snow and it has never clogged.The 11.5hp B&S really makes a difference.
aa335

Reply #14   Mar 12, 2010 12:33 am
mikiewest wrote:
Im shocked to hear that a Honda Snowblower would clog and cant out throw a Toro.I have filled my bucket w/all types of snow and it has never clogged.The 11.5hp B&S really makes a difference.

I'm shocked too.  Maybe Honda should put in 11.75 hp Kawasaki so those little snowflakes don't have a chance. 

I thought B&S stopped rating engines in hp for a few years now.  The higher torque number seems to sell snowblowers better.  My local Sears salesman insists that torque numbers are actual HP, at half throttle.  That's what you get when you buy a "Craftsman Professional"  :)

There hasn't been enough snow here for me to even clog my chute.    and people in the East are calling it Snowmageddon, where's my snow???

This message was modified Mar 12, 2010 by aa335
aa335

Reply #15   Mar 12, 2010 12:46 am
kderobertis wrote:
That would be an older core aerator, the new hydro walk-behind turf aerifier by Lawn Solutions is so revolutionary that it is changing how the industry looks at aerating.

Sounds very interesting.  You must be in marketing.

All I see are the older core aerators.  Now where can I rent one of these revolutionary pluggers?
This message was modified Mar 12, 2010 by aa335
Steve_Cebu

Reply #16   Mar 12, 2010 2:57 am
mikiewest wrote:

Well the 928TAS that I had did in fact clog with wet slushy snow. Maybe because it was so new? I don't know but it was easy to fix. Also it didn't have an 11hp engine just the 9hp.

The Toro 1028 I have has not clogged even once. That's just the way it is. The Honda is a great machine but the Toro is as well IMO.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 7 - 16 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42