Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928TA Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kderobertis

Honda HS928TA Snowblower
Original Message   Mar 9, 2010 2:21 pm
I'm looking to order a Honda HS928TA (recoil only) snowblower in mid April so I'm guaranteed to get one in late summer/early fall, but have no dealers on Long Island that have anything in stock, so I could see the physical size of this machine.

So forum members, any additional thoughts on this machine?  I have searched various threads and there are many people suggesting the HS928 over the HS724, basically because of the limited hp on the HS724.

I currently have a Ariens 624 for the last 5 years, good machine, served it's purpose, but looking to take it to the next level.  My biggest issue with the Ariens is the EOD issue, not easy but it does it job, now looking for something that won't have an issue. 

I would like to see the machine before placing a down payment, but these snowblower are very rare on Long Island (track version) and all dealers claim this is a special order unit, they don't stock them.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2010 by kderobertis

Ken

Replies: 26 - 35 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Honda HS928TA Snowblower
Reply #26   Mar 12, 2010 5:33 pm
mikiewest wrote:
My B&S engine is rated in hp.Second I find it amusing, how the Honda fanatics always want to point out that everyone fudges their hp rating except Honda.LOL.Also I have never had my friction disc slip.Also for 2+grand,that machine better out throw all other machines and never clog.But it doesnt, and thats a crime.Also Hondas rust like all the other snowblowers.Just take a look on e-bay or craigs list.You must be living in a fantasy world or dont want to face reality.But hey you own a Hondaaaaa....lol.

"Prepare to be amazed"  They're not called "fanatics" because they like you.

I'm not saying that Honda doesn't fudge their numbers, they were just smart to fudge enough and not get caught.  :)  Plus, there aren't enough disgrunted Honda owners to file a class action suit.  They are still recovering from sticker shock and blinded by the shiny red paint. 

Keep foreign material (ie oil, water) out of friction disc and they shouldn't slip.  Is it really that difficult to grasp?  Simple, cheap, effective power transmission.  Hydrostatic is just better.

A $3000 Honda will never perform 1.5 times better than a $2000 snowblower.  Why?  Because Honda is smart enough to charge $6000 for that.

Yes, steel do rust, if left unprotected from moisture and oxidation.  Honda does not make steel so it's not impervious to rust.  Some steel just rust slower than others.  I've seen stainless steel rust, and yes, they do stain.  :)

Yup, a recent check of ebay and craigslist on Honda snowblowers shows that rust do and can form on 20+ year old Honda snowblowers.   So they do rust.  Wow, you're so right, Captain Obvious.

Thanks for the reality check.
This message was modified Mar 12, 2010 by aa335
mikiewest

Reply #27   Mar 12, 2010 10:13 pm
what cant u understand AA??Hondas r overpriced and overrated.Even Consumer Reports agrees with me.If I need to move light fluffy stuff,I guess Honda is ok.But if its  heavy  wet snow,then I'll pull out the work horse..the tank.....the terminator...the Simplicity Pro.LOL...and thats the new defense for hondas having lighter snowblowers.....They r better designed.There's nothing like American steel baby....nice and thick .........
This message was modified Mar 12, 2010 by mikiewest
aa335

Reply #28   Mar 12, 2010 11:25 pm
mikiewest wrote:
what cant u understand AA??Hondas r overpriced and overrated.Even Consumer Reports agrees with me.If I need to move light fluffy stuff,I guess Honda is ok.But if its  heavy  wet snow,then I'll pull out the work horse..the tank.....the terminator...the Simplicity Pro.LOL...and thats the new defense for hondas having lighter snowblowers.....They r better designed.There's nothing like American steel baby....nice and thick .........

So far, the only thing I see that is "nice and thick" is your head.
mikiewest

Reply #29   Mar 12, 2010 11:31 pm
ah AA dont be jealous.You just cant handle the truth.Most Honda owners r just like you.Mad they spent so much money on nothing great.Someday you can get a real all American Simplicity Pro snowblower.Handles welded to the frame,cast iron auger gear housing etc etc LOL.Name calling is so childish.Grow up. 
This message was modified Mar 12, 2010 by mikiewest
aa335

Reply #30   Mar 12, 2010 11:35 pm
mikiewest wrote:
ah AA dont be jealous.Someday you can get a real all American Simplicity Pro snowblower.Handles welded to the frame,cast iron auger gear housing etc etc LOL.Name calling is so childish.Grow up. 

Man, that head is thicker than I thought.

I'm so jealous of your Simp Pro that's worth more than your car.
nhmatt

Reply #31   Mar 12, 2010 11:41 pm
All it takes to be a Honda fan is to use one to clear snow.   A honda will out-do any snowblower on the market.  No doubt.  I've got a 400' driveway, and  my 12yr old 828 Honda would finish about same time as the new Ariens1336pro I bought (big mistake), and do it quieter and save me money on gas.  The new Honda 1132 I bought isn't even a fair comparison.  There's no snow it won't throw.  No way.  Slow because of the tracs, and a dangerous bear because I can dig into things (especially after the wind storm we had) but an absolute dream compared to the POS Ariens I owned (which by the way, was listed for almost 3k, so I cringe when I hear others talk about Honda's high prices)  d  One storm this year we had 12" of snow and 2" of rain, which turned into 4" of PACKED SLUSH.  No problem.   I simply can't believe a Honda snowblower would fail before any other machine on the market. 

Honda only sells one version of its snowblowers.  It doesn't do the Pro vs Lite thing, which is a joke now because even the pro models of Simplicity, Ariens and Toro are nowhere what they were 10 years ago.  Cheap versions of what used to be decent designs.  

How can anyone argue that the Honda GX motor isn't the best small engine ever?  You've got to be kidding me.  Does anyone here WORK with this stuff?  They're a stronger motor, that's why they last so much longer.  Go to a rental house and see how many Briggs motors are running the equipment. 

mikiewest

Reply #32   Mar 12, 2010 11:49 pm
I must finally admit you are right AA.My blower is worth more than my car.Do you know why?Its a HONDA ACCORD piece of crap.The tranny went at 30,000 miles.And it wasnt only my car,they had a recall for the tranny problem.And now I get a notice for my airbag.Metal parts might hit the occupants in the front and cause serious injury or fatality.I should of bought American.
nhmatt

Reply #33   Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm
mikiewest wrote:
My B&S engine is rated in hp.Second I find it amusing, how the Honda fanatics always want to point out that everyone fudges their hp rating except Honda.LOL.Also I have never had my friction disc slip.Also for 2+grand,that machine better out throw all other machines and never clog.But it doesnt, and thats a crime.Also Hondas rust like all the other snowblowers.Just take a look on e-bay or craigs list.You must be living in a fantasy world or dont want to face reality.But hey you own a Hondaaaaa....lol.

Well, maybe because a Honda GX will give you a true HP rating for about 500 more hours than any of the other Comparable motors.  A Honda GX will give you 8 hp years longer, well after the Intek or the Snowking have blown up, or needed major work.  That tells me those engines are over-rated.

The Hondas you see on craigslist are about 10-20 years old, and good luck finding a box store snowblower that's still running after 5 years.   I bought a used honda for $1300, and sold it 8 years later for $700.  Honda's kick ass, and people who use them know it.   In fact, eveybody knows it.   They may not be worth the money to someone but that's different than not being able to admit when a machine is better than the crap America is manufacturing.

mikiewest

Reply #34   Mar 12, 2010 11:57 pm
Yea ok hondas r great and everything else  is worthless.I know plenty of people who own ariens pros and they r great machines .They'll suck up your honda and spit it out  and then finish off the snow.I have a blower with a tecumseh engine and its 7yrs old and still going strong.Never needed any work on it .so where do u get your facts from??I know from this fantasy world  that you live in that only hondas r built well.what a joke.Didnt u read what steve cebu said??his 928 clogged twice not the toro....
aa335

Reply #35   Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am
mikiewest wrote:
I must finally admit you are right AA.My blower is worth more than my car.Do you know why?Its a HONDA ACCORD piece of crap.The tranny went at 30,000 miles.And it wasnt only my car,they had a recall for the tranny problem.And now I get a notice for my airbag.Metal parts might hit the occupants in the front and cause serious injury or fatality.I should of bought American.

Is this why you are so bent on dissing Honda?  I hope you can sell off your Simp Pro this late in the season.  Dump the Honda Accord and put the money you got from the Simp Pro towards a safer car so you can get to work.  I heard people are paying big bucks for these Pre-2008 Simp Pros tanks because they ain't making them like they used to.  All manufacturers are going towards foreign thin steel buckets, aluminum auger gear housing, stamped steel handles riveted to plastic frames from recycled milk jugs, and putting in Fisher Price plastic bore engines.  *TONGUE IN CHEEK*

Or, you can keep your American Simp Pro and ride that to work.  Make sure you have extra friction discs and drive belts on hand.
This message was modified Mar 13, 2010 by aa335
Replies: 26 - 35 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42