Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower augers rotating backwards?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Underdog

Snowblower augers rotating backwards?
Original Message   Dec 17, 2008 10:01 am
Is it really possible to install the snowblower augers backwards?  I replaced the bearings and decided to do a little preventive maintenance and clean and repainted the auger axle. Everything runs like new with one exception.  During the first snowfall of the year i noticed that most of the snow was being thrown outside of the snow bucket, not inward toward the impeller.    The impeller works fine, so I know that's not on backwards.

Because of the safety/lockout controls I cannot see the augers moving while the engine is running.  And I'm on my own. Maybe I'll wrap a bungie cord around the control that engages the auger so I can check.  Geezzz.

This message was modified Dec 17, 2008 by Underdog

Replies: 10 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BeansBaxter

Re: Snowblower augers rotating backwards?
Reply #10   Jan 15, 2009 6:57 pm
Slowball,

It would appear so.
trouts2

Reply #11   Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm
Underdog,

Your pictures I think are of a Yamaha YS828T.  Don't worry about one auger being screwed up.  With one auger it will still collect and out toss any US made machine.  I've got a YS624T and on the scout for an 828.   I'm itching to get my hands on an Ariens track to see what a piece of junk it is compaired to a YS.

dawei

http://www.kedawei.com/snowblower.htm

slowball

Reply #12   Jan 16, 2009 3:00 am
Ehh - I figured something was going to go wrong when I could'nt get the holes to natch up although I'm sure they will when I reverse. Just didn't think about it when I install new drive system. Oh well - reinstall - appreciae it.

This message was modified Jan 16, 2009 by slowball
Underdog

Reply #13   Jan 16, 2009 8:28 pm
I sure feel a lot better now.  I was sure that this was next to impossible to get wrong.  I guess we had a fiffy fifty chance of messing it up and the other fifty percent of people got it right. 

slowball

Reply #14   Jan 17, 2009 5:25 am
Yea - me too. I had a funny feeling as I was lining up the holes hat something was wrong but kinda blew it off and just kept goin - live and learn.

jf...

Replies: 10 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42