Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears Craftsman Snow Thrower model 247.881900

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
happy1957

Sears Craftsman Snow Thrower model 247.881900
Original Message   Jan 6, 2008 8:24 am
I have recently purchased this snow thrower out of shear need and lack of availability or anything else in our area.  This years record snows have "killed" my 20 year old reliable Toro. This Sears 9hp / 28 inch machine has worked great thus far.

I would like to know how I can find out what company manufactured this machine.  I want to purchase parts that I don't even know the name of.  They are blades/scrapers? that  are attached to the top of the auger housing and help to cut through the taller snow banks.   This machine has the assembly holes for them, but no part listed in the parts list.  I have seen them on Sears model 881060 which is a little larger machine.

If anyone can either give me a part number of rthe 881060 or the manufacttuers name of my machine, it would be truly helpful, at this point even a part name would help :-)

Thank you, Brenda in Maine

Replies: 3 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: Sears Craftsman Snow Thrower model 247.881900
Reply #3   Jan 6, 2008 10:29 am
i'm sure there is,or you can make your own,after all,you have the holes already.

dickizinia

Reply #4   Jan 6, 2008 10:36 am
happy1957 wrote:
I would like to know how I can find out what company manufactured this machine.  I want to purchase parts that I don't even know the name of.  They are blades/scrapers? that  are attached to the top of the auger housing and help to cut through the taller snow banks.  

Brenda - your machine was made by MTD for Sears. The "drift cutters" are what you are looking for. Tractor Supply Company (TSC) might stock them........................ DI
happy1957

Reply #5   Jan 6, 2008 10:52 am
Thank you everyone....You were a great help!  They are  ordered and hubby will be happy...:-)
borat

Reply #6   Jan 6, 2008 11:04 am
Don't buy them from Sears.  Go to a box store and get an off the shelf set.  Take a piece of cardboard/paper and trace the mounting holes on the auger housing to make a template.  Take that with you when you go to buy a set.  You should be able to get a set for less than $20.00.  If you don't get huge dumps of snow or live in  an area where you have lots of drifting, you might not even need them.        
Gelid

Reply #7   Jan 6, 2008 2:32 pm
happy1957 wrote:
This years record snows have "killed" my 20 year old reliable Toro.

Hi fellow Mainer!

Some winter we're having indeed. This morning was above freezing for the first time since I don't remember when and I thought I'd take advantage of the mild weather to get rid of some humongous snowbank near the garage. But when I opened the door I couldn't see 2 feet ahead of me. Haven't seen such thick fog since my last trip to San Francisco, and it's not going away dangit.

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 3 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42