Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Two new vacs from Dyson . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Two new vacs from Dyson . . .
Original Message   Jan 19, 2012 1:58 pm
Just got a press release this a.m.  Dyson's introducing two new canister "ball" vacs -- the compact, 12 lb. DC38 and the 15  lb. full-sized DC39 which is available in two versions, the "Multi-purpose" and the "Animal" .   http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/19/james-dyson-unveils-new-vacuum-cleaner-built-on-a-mini-football-115875-23706045/

Somewhat simillar to prior models, design alterations have made them a little more eyecatching but then you really do want your product to be sexy if you're asking for the kind of money they want.  The DC38 and the DC39 Multi-purpose price at 299.99 pounds in the UK ($464 American approx.) .  The Animal version of the DC39 sells at 399.99 pounds ($618 American approx.) .  No matter the price, the proof is in the puddng.  Can they clean?

The design revamp is rather low-slung so my first question is do they travel over door sills easily. Also, I looked hard but neither read or heard mention of onboard tool storage. The introductory Animal canister model does not have an electrically driven power nozzle but a turbo nozzle that can be mechanically stopped via a trigger on the hose handle.  The "Multi-purpose" employs a new spin on its straight suction floor tool.  It adjusts automatically for hard flooring and rugs.  Though I haven't seen it in action other than on video its at least refreshing to something different in design than the current standard tools turn up.  Dirty capacity for the full-size models is two litres.  The compact machine holds a little over half a litre.

http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuums/ball/default.asp

Venson

This message was modified Jan 19, 2012 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42