Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Newly Desingned Rainbow is here

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mark40511

The Newly Desingned Rainbow is here
Original Message   May 12, 2011 4:55 am
Check out this link if you haven't already

http://www.vacuumland.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?12723__0#start_12723.136270
Replies: 16 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mark40511

Re: The Newly Desingned Rainbow is here
Reply #16   Dec 19, 2011 3:54 am
No WAY I'm taking it apart! (LOL)

I was just curious if YOU knew how. With mine you can pretty much see inside really well with the hepa out. It really doesn't look bad at all. Really not worthy of taking it apart to clean it. Perhaps years from now if I don't do a trade in which I highly doubt I will.

Just to add:

I did call the local distributor a while back to see what the trade in value of mine would be. I told them it's great condition and wanted to know how much it would be if I upgraded...........I told him that I did not need a demo; I know all about the machine. He said ..........2200.00 AND my Rainbow (but that would be with EVERYTHING) and I said WHAT??????? Really? I only paid 1600 for mine new and you want 2200 for this AND my Rainbow? That's insane! I told him I was sorry I wasted his time but that really I just wanted to know an estimation of the trade in value of mine. He then said he would go down to 1800 AND my Rainbow.  I told him it was a shame these are so overpriced due to the way they are sold and everyone needs to get their cut. I said they are great vacuums but they are NOT worth THAT much! I think he would have gone lower but that's just crazy. I'm not giving them a perfectly good two speed Rainbow only to have to pay full price for a new one. GRRRRRRR
Venson

Re: The Newly Desingned Rainbow is here
Reply #17   Dec 19, 2011 5:02 am
Hi Mark,

It's standard practice that no matter how much you get talked into paying for it -- once you take the appliance of your dreams out of the store the purchase suddenly becomes worthless even to the establishment you purchased it from. Adding insult to injury, I seldom see anything by way of quality to justify the high prices asked. 

Personally, these days I'd never think of bothering to trade a vacuum since there's eBay.  If a vacuum of a popular brand, though used, is in very good condition it probably will go for substantially more on the internet than you'll ever get from a dealer. 

New, nearly new and in great shape Rainbows, Kirbys and other high-end vacs turn up on the market by way of eBay and amazon.com soon enough.  It just takes a little patience to wait for one to come along.  Keep an eye out.  I will mention however that new Kirbys and also Rainbows, I believe, are not covered by warranty if not sold by a seller recognized by the company.

Venson

Replies: 16 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42