Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Carpet shampooers
Original Message   Jan 28, 2010 3:26 pm
I plan to re-open my vacuum shop & need to know which shampooers to buy.  Since I hear that Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub (NOT the Dirt Devil Easy Steamer style) is better than its competitors, I'm not sure whether to get the Classic or Platinum?  I know the Bissell ProHeat & Royal/Dirt Devil are junk & the Rug Doctor doesn't scrub the carpet good enough like the XXX & Hoover do.

Extractor type

1. Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub w/Clean Surge
  2. Hoover Platinum or XXX R/C Steam Vac
  3. XXX Duo Power (Hoover Dual V)

Scrubber/polisher type

1. Aerus/Lux Floor Pro
  2. Koblenz Cleaning Machine
  3. Hoover FloorMAX (or Floor-A-Matic)
  4. Oreck Orbiter
Replies: 20 - 29 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
budmattingly

Re: Carpet shampooers
Reply #20   Dec 26, 2010 7:41 am
I would go with the Aerus/Lux Shampooer's. Easy to use, splash guard is wonderful for keeping suds off of woodwork and furniture that you are not moving. Tray to set it in, this tray also keeps the brushs up so the brushes won't get smashed down. I was disappointed when they did away with the cord winder, but you get a much longer cord in the trade off. I used mine a few months ago, mine has the cord winder and I used a heavy duty extention cord due to the short cord. Ease of cleanup is a breeze. In the past I have used hoovers, rug doctor, blue lustre and none compare. On top of that they have a dry suds Turbo Shampoo that is absolutely wonderful. The tank has water marks and you add a capfull per line and by capfull I mean the tank cap itself, how much easier than that......

One more thing, the shape is unique and allows you to get into tight corners and around things more easily. As we get older, there are some items that cannot be moved easily and as long as you are careful and keep a micro fibre cloth with you and wipe the legs if any shampoo happens to get on them, problem solved. I have jewel tone carpets and shampoo once or twice a year. The shampoo also brings back the brightness to those jewel tones.

PS, almost forgot, cleanup is a breeze, after shampooing.

Procare knows way more than I do about this and as he said, you may want to pm him.

Sincerely,

Bud

This message was modified Dec 26, 2010 by budmattingly
CarmineD

Reply #21   Dec 26, 2010 8:47 pm
budmattingly wrote:
I would go with the Aerus/Lux Shampooer's. Easy to use, splash guard is wonderful for keeping suds off of woodwork and furniture that you are not moving. Tray to set it in, this tray also keeps the brushs up so the brushes won't get smashed down. I was disappointed when they did away with the cord winder, but you get a much longer cord in the trade off. I used mine a few months ago, mine has the cord winder and I used a heavy duty extention cord due to the short cord. Ease of cleanup is a breeze. In the past I have used hoovers, rug doctor, blue lustre and none compare. On top of that they have a dry suds Turbo Shampoo that is absolutely wonderful. The tank has water marks and you add a capfull per line and by capfull I mean the tank cap itself, how much easier than that......

One more thing, the shape is unique and allows you to get into tight corners and around things more easily. As we get older, there are some items that cannot be moved easily and as long as you are careful and keep a micro fibre cloth with you and wipe the legs if any shampoo happens to get on them, problem solved. I have jewel tone carpets and shampoo once or twice a year. The shampoo also brings back the brightness to those jewel tones.

PS, almost forgot, cleanup is a breeze, after shampooing.

Procare knows way more than I do about this and as he said, you may want to pm him.

Sincerely,

Bud

Agree as written.  I would add for the furniture legs this suggestion.  Tip/tilt the furniture piece and place a a small square of folded aluminum foil under the leg before shampooing.  Allow a small amount of surplus foil that you can use to wrap around the bottom of the leg's foot.  Especially if the furniture piece is heavy and sinks into the rug.  Then remove the foil when the rug is dry.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #22   Dec 28, 2010 3:01 pm
Here is a link to an article comparing different types of carpet cleaning.  It is somewhat biased towards hot water extraction, since that is the method recommended by Shaw and other major carpet manufacturers.

http://www.baneclene.com/articles/methods.html

A while back it was noted that Riccar was getting into the carpet cleaner business with a hot water extraction system similar to the Rug Doctor.  Any news on this?  As previously noted, Bissell has expanded into the rental business with Big Green Cleaning machines at Lowes. 

It's my understanding that anything other than hot water extraction methods would void the warranty on my carpeting.  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Lucky1

Reply #23   Dec 28, 2010 4:43 pm
Hooverman this thread is a year old from when you first wrote it. Did you ever re-open your shop and are you still looking for a Carpet Machine? Is this for rental? If so I have the Simplicilty/Riccar unit and I am really happy with it so far... as are the customers who have rented it. If you want more specific Info you may PM me. Lucky.
CarmineD

Reply #24   Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm
Severus wrote:
Here is a link to an article comparing different types of carpet cleaning.  It is somewhat biased towards hot water extraction, since that is the method recommended by Shaw and other major carpet manufacturers.

http://www.baneclene.com/articles/methods.html

A while back it was noted that Riccar was getting into the carpet cleaner business with a hot water extraction system similar to the Rug Doctor.  Any news on this?  As previously noted, Bissell has expanded into the rental business with Big Green Cleaning machines at Lowes. 

It's my understanding that anything other than hot water extraction methods would void the warranty on my carpeting.  

Hello SEVERUS:

Merry Christmas.

Here's a link that may interest you on RICCAR:

http://www.nybakke.com/capture.htm

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #25   Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm
Severus, There are a few things that will void your warranty. Not using the so-called "Steam" cleaning which is really hot water and chemical is not going to void the warranty.It also depends on the manufacturer. It is stated to not to have a silicone based anti soil solution put on your carpet. Scotch Gard that has been put on later will keep you from getting dirt out of the carpet. As far as Baneclene, they are fine people. I met them when we went to seminars on spot and stain removal from the leading expert in 1975. At that time the expert told my father and I when we asked what the best process to clean was away from the rest of the carpet cleaners. He said for professional cleaning use- Von Schrader dry foam-vacuum extraction and for do it your self - Electrolux floor shampooer system. He couldn't say anything in front of the audience because he was to push his company's hot water unit. At that time we were using both units and were very sucessful with them. The Aerus( formerly Electrolux) Floor Pro is the same fantastic unit just improved thru the years. Von Schrader is still around too. If you have Wool blend or wool as well as cotton rugs hot water extraction is out. Procare
hooverman

Reply #26   Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm
The machine that can't be beat--XXX SteamMaster ProPlus!

This message was modified Dec 28, 2010 by hooverman
procare

Reply #27   Dec 29, 2010 12:34 am
hooverman, That XXX is also sold as Hoover. Procare
procare

Reply #28   Dec 29, 2010 12:40 am
hooverman, The model # is FH50240 Multisurface Pro and Model #FH50220 Pressure Pro. Procare
CarmineD

Reply #29   Dec 29, 2010 7:23 am
procare wrote:
Severus, There are a few things that will void your warranty. Not using the so-called "Steam" cleaning which is really hot water and chemical is not going to void the warranty.It also depends on the manufacturer. It is stated to not to have a silicone based anti soil solution put on your carpet. Scotch Gard that has been put on later will keep you from getting dirt out of the carpet. As far as Baneclene, they are fine people. I met them when we went to seminars on spot and stain removal from the leading expert in 1975. At that time the expert told my father and I when we asked what the best process to clean was away from the rest of the carpet cleaners. He said for professional cleaning use- Von Schrader dry foam-vacuum extraction and for do it your self - Electrolux floor shampooer system. He couldn't say anything in front of the audience because he was to push his company's hot water unit. At that time we were using both units and were very sucessful with them. The Aerus( formerly Electrolux) Floor Pro is the same fantastic unit just improved thru the years. Von Schrader is still around too. If you have Wool blend or wool as well as cotton rugs hot water extraction is out. Procare

Merry Christmas Procare.

I've found hot water shrinks the fibers on cotton and wool rugs.

Carmine D.

Replies: 20 - 29 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42