Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Floor Washer

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Hoover Floor Washer
Original Message   May 9, 2010 8:56 pm
How rare are these?  They're hard to find; not even eBay has them.  Did Hoover not make many of them or did these floor washers not sell well?  I'd like to have one of these if available.

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Hoover Floor Washer
Reply #10   May 11, 2010 9:32 pm
Venson wrote:
But Hoover did better than that on the Floor-A-Matics.  Same as the original floor washer, the container for cleaning solutions held a plastic collection bag within itself. The difference besides the look, the piece that latched the Floor-A-Matic's container onto the machine also served a grip for carrying it and the machine too.  A great idea.

The Floor Mate probably has no handles because that would alter the sleek look it bears.  If indented handles were used to get around that the capacity of both containers would be reduced.  I think the designers just had nowhere to go.

Venson

Hi Venson:

While there is no handle on the FM tank, HOOVER's FM has a handle grip built into the machine shroud over the clean solution bin.  In that sense, very similar to the HOOVER Floor-A-Matic feature you describe.  The FM also has the fold away handle for easy transport and storage.  Also a very good idea. 

While many may not find a HOOVER FM useful as a housecleaning tool, I do.  It's done well by me for almost 6 years of double house duty and it's still going strong.  It cost $160 [model with attachments and extra containers of solutions] in August 2004.  That equates to a cost of $13.30 per year per household and getting lower.

Carmine D.

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42