Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Kirby Sentria
Original Message   Feb 2, 2010 1:34 pm
Is NOT worth the $ cuz it is a terrible cleaner; nowhere near the power of older Kirbys.  I saw a demo of the Sentria & it didn't touch any dirt from the carpets; couldn't even pick up anything.  Then I went over the same area with my Classic Omega & the 30+ yr old Kirby pulled out MILLENIUMS of dirt even thru the floorboard.  Why is the Sentria only 1/1000 as powerful as the pre-G Series Kirbys?  I don't think trading an old Kirby is worth anything; I think customers are fooled when they trade their older, more powerful Kirby for the worthless Sentria.  I've owned that Omega & no dirt can hide from a 30+ yr old Kirby!
This message was modified Feb 2, 2010 by hooverman
Replies: 28 - 37 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
procare

Re: Kirby Sentria
Reply #28   Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am
Hretz,

Today I had a Kirby Salesman I know and he brought by his meter he shows people the performance of the motor. In my shop today I had a G-3, a G-6 and my friend brought a Sentria. In testing the three, they all checked the same. The meter is the same meter I was shown by a salesman that demoed at my house when the G-3 came out. I have been servicing and keeping up on Kirby's performance since 1956. I read what was said by  a man that I don't know his repair history. There are people out there that sell used vacuums that have to rely on someone else and hope they are telling the truth. I check with my suppliers and the manufacturers to try and get correct data.

Hertz

Reply #29   Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm
What were the results? Just because they all max'd out doesn't mean the Sentria was still pulling more air in at a greater force than the others.
retardturtle1

Reply #30   Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm
procare wrote:
Hertz,

I still disagree with what you read. The cleaning performance proclaimed by  GreatVac about Kirby,  is not a  better performing motor which is the same on all Generations but the brushroll. Kirby changed on the G-5 on to Sentria the brushroll . Instead four 6" rows they went to eight  6" rows. The bristles are thinner and stiffer. They give a little better performance than previous brushrolls in cleaning and this is the only change made to enhance performance. According to an old  Kirby Distributor.

procare

You nailed it......once you put a sentria brushroll on any g series....they all perform the same...no diff whatsoever ... thats been my findings also

in side by side testing and actual use at the shop and at home.....none of us at the shop are  seeing any increase in performance after the br upgrade.

Gotta say your dead on procare.

turtle

hooverman

Reply #31   Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm
Is the new style brush roller available for older pre-G Series Kirbys?  I prefer my old 70s Kirby better than the Sentria (more powerful)
Hertz

Reply #32   Apr 17, 2010 4:41 pm
hooverman wrote:
Is the new style brush roller available for older pre-G Series Kirbys?  I prefer my old 70s Kirby better than the Sentria (more powerful)

LOL, you're 70's Kirby IS NOT MORE POWERFUL! Get it through your head already!!
hooverman

Reply #33   Apr 17, 2010 8:16 pm
i dont like Kirbys; I prefer the Sanitaire SC888, it outcleans ANY Kirby.
hooverman

Reply #34   Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm
when I said I don't like Kirbys, I meant using them cuz they're too beautiful to get scratched/dented.

btw I got TWO Ultimate G Kirbys today (both trash finds, one has a hose only; neither have any other tools; both VG shape & work good)

Hertz

Reply #35   Apr 25, 2010 10:19 pm
hooverman wrote:
i dont like Kirbys; I prefer the Sanitaire SC888, it outcleans ANY Kirby.

Ha, hahahahaha.  What's wrong with you man?  Point is, you're acting ridiculous.  You state you prefer you're other Kirby's, then say you don't like them, and now say a Sanitaire will out clean.  That statement is false, at least when it comes to the newer G series Kirby's - G4 (with Sentria brushroll) all the way to the Sentria.  They all will either match or beat the Sanitaire, and my money's on the Kirby's beating it.
Hertz

Reply #36   Apr 25, 2010 10:22 pm
hooverman wrote:
when I said I don't like Kirbys, I meant using them cuz they're too beautiful to get scratched/dented.

btw I got TWO Ultimate G Kirbys today (both trash finds, one has a hose only; neither have any other tools; both VG shape & work good)

Are you serious?!

Haha, I think you might have OCD man, you need to NOT worry about scratching your Kirby; just be careful and all will be well :]
mole

Reply #37   Apr 26, 2010 3:50 am
Hertz wrote:
Ha, hahahahaha.  What's wrong with you man?  Point is, you're acting ridiculous.  You state you prefer you're other Kirby's, then say you don't like them, and now say a Sanitaire will out clean.  That statement is false, at least when it comes to the newer G series Kirby's - G4 (with Sentria brushroll) all the way to the Sentria.  They all will either match or beat the Sanitaire, and my money's on the Kirby's beating it.

FYI.

The Kirby generation series machines  use different brush rollors, You CAN NOT interchange rollors from a g6 up into a G5 or G4. Nor can you interchange a G5 into a G3 or G4.

\Yes you can turn the bearing caps around and it will fit, Just watch the rotation of the brush rollor, [HINT] it turns backwards.

Many suppose  Kirby repair experts do this and are sabotaging the machines by accident.

I should be charging for this information.............

Venson you still got the G5............

regards

MOLE
Replies: 28 - 37 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42