Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Original Message   Jun 4, 2009 1:02 pm
New lightweight with OBT in town for $250 with free bags for life and zero cost maintenance warranty for life.  Anything goes wrong, a new vacuun is shipped to you.  

http://www.garryvac.com/

Taking a page from ORECK on the giveaways:  Free Steam Mop to keep if not satisfied with purchase and returned.

https://www.garryvacuum.com/order_form.html?country=CA

Comments?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 60 - 69 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Reply #60   Dec 19, 2009 6:46 am
Garry has options if the sales wane.  Dropping price.  Big box venue.  Buyout [recall halo].  Finally, better product making.  See what happens.  Certainly, with its price and presentation it should withstand the current market and economy.  BTW, the testimonials are adding up on its Web Site.  Of course only the best are provided.  Still interesting to read if one has the time.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #61   Dec 19, 2009 7:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
Garry has options if the sales wane.  Dropping price.  Big box venue.  Buyout [recall halo].  Finally, better product making.  See what happens.  Certainly, with its price and presentation it should withstand the current market and economy.  BTW, the testimonials are adding up on its Web Site.  Of course only the best are provided.  Still interesting to read if one has the time.

Carmine D.

They really are copying Oreck.
CarmineD

Reply #62   Dec 19, 2009 8:27 am
HARDSELL wrote:
They really are copying Oreck.

Absolutely HS.  If you read the leadoff thread, I made the same observation with the Garry giveaways.  True of dyson too with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  True of Shark Navigator too taking on dyson with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  You always emulate the industry leaders, those that have made it over good times and bad, like ORECK, with success.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #63   Dec 19, 2009 9:29 am
CarmineD wrote:
Absolutely HS.  If you read the leadoff thread, I made the same observation with the Garry giveaways.  True of dyson too with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  True of Shark Navigator too taking on dyson with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  You always emulate the industry leaders, those that have made it over good times and bad, like ORECK, with success.

Carmine D.

Right,  deceiving comments on Oreck site leads to success.
CarmineD

Reply #64   Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Right,  deceiving comments on Oreck site leads to success.

HS:

All the ORECK buyers/users I know/talk with luv them and speak highly of them.  ORECK customers are generally repeat buyers and/or repair their ORECKs faithfully.  You are the ONLY ORECK exception I know.  And I know many.  ORECK surely has limitations.  All products do.  It's not for all and every vacuum user.  But for those who want them and buy them and use them, they are ideally suited. 

ORECK is obviously not for you and you for it.  We get it.  BUT .....honestly,  ORECK is doing very well despite it's head on hit by KATRINA in 2005, despite all the competition, and despite the economy.  Even without you as one of their statisfied customers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #65   Dec 19, 2009 5:55 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

All the ORECK buyers/users I know/talk with luv them and speak highly of them.  ORECK customers are generally repeat buyers and/or repair their ORECKs faithfully.  You are the ONLY ORECK exception I know.  And I know many.  ORECK surely has limitations.  All products do.  It's not for all and every vacuum user.  But for those who want them and buy them and use them, they are ideally suited. 

ORECK is obviously not for you and you for it.  We get it.  BUT .....honestly,  ORECK is doing very well despite it's head on hit by KATRINA in 2005, despite all the competition, and despite the economy.  Even without you as one of their statisfied customers.

Carmine D.

And Dyson is doing fine despite your dislike for them. 

Oreck is doing so well that they now have a surplus to sell in bb stores.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #66   Dec 19, 2009 11:54 pm
I was visiting a open house in an upscale area of town.  There was a 3000sf home with a combination of wood floors, tile, and low pile carpeting (looked almost like commercial carpeting with a nice design), and lo and behold inside the hall closet was an Oreck XL21.   For this type of flooring, the Oreck is a pretty good match. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #67   Dec 20, 2009 7:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
And Dyson is doing fine despite your dislike for them. 

Oreck is doing so well that they now have a surplus to sell in bb stores.

HS:

I really think you are disappointed and/or sad that your sold your DC07 [supposedly its signature model by your account] and its discontinued now never to be made and sold again.  You're having seller's remorse.  You compensate for your poor judgement by attacking ORECK and HOOVER, both brands with their signature models [Classic and WT] still sold pervasively at retailers and stores.

If it makes you feel worse, ORECK now is also gifting a toy ORECK vacuum with all purchases starting Dec 19.  Gotta get me at least one of those for the grands.  In my experience, it's an ORECK first.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #68   Dec 20, 2009 7:13 am
Severus wrote:
I was visiting a open house in an upscale area of town.  There was a 3000sf home with a combination of wood floors, tile, and low pile carpeting (looked almost like commercial carpeting with a nice design), and lo and behold inside the hall closet was an Oreck XL21.   For this type of flooring, the Oreck is a pretty good match. 

My observation too SEVERUS.  These homeowners are the ORECK brand's bread and butter.  Interesting too that the XL21 comes with the longest ORECK warranty: 20 years.   ORECK is first class in honoring this warranty and serving these customers as well as they possibly can.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #69   Dec 20, 2009 9:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
My observation too SEVERUS.  These homeowners are the ORECK brand's bread and butter.  Interesting too that the XL21 comes with the longest ORECK warranty: 20 years.   ORECK is first class in honoring this warranty and serving these customers as well as they possibly can.

Carmine D.

Severus wrote:

I frequently visit a very close relative who has a 9,000 + sq ft home.  He has very expensive tile, wood and carpet.  Not the commercial grade i/o looking stuff.  Also lots of expensive area rugs.  They use a Dyson rather than the built in vac.  No Orecks in a reall upscale house.

All that you said about the Oreck Carmine does not relate to cleaning performance.

This message was modified Dec 20, 2009 by HARDSELL
Replies: 60 - 69 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42