Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Original Message   Jun 4, 2009 1:02 pm
New lightweight with OBT in town for $250 with free bags for life and zero cost maintenance warranty for life.  Anything goes wrong, a new vacuun is shipped to you.  

http://www.garryvac.com/

Taking a page from ORECK on the giveaways:  Free Steam Mop to keep if not satisfied with purchase and returned.

https://www.garryvacuum.com/order_form.html?country=CA

Comments?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 55 - 64 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Reply #55   Dec 18, 2009 7:03 am
Lucky1 wrote:
Anyone considering a Lightweight owes it to themselves to try the Simplicity Freedom series. Outstanding vacuum and even better company.

Severus wrote:

It's well worth paying a little more and buying from a reputable company like Oreck/Simplicity/Riccar than to buy a Gary.     I wonder if Gary is suffering from a cash flow problem, and is thus unable to make the refunds that it should be making.  It's tough to take on an established product like Oreck.   

Both RICCAR/SIMPLICITY lightweights are awarded the CRI seal also, like ORECK and Garry.  While they give ORECK comparable competition, consumers are more familiar with ORECK's thanks to Dave and his vacuum advertising presence. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 18, 2009 by CarmineD
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #56   Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am
Carmine,

The Garry may be a decent concept, but it's tough for an upstart to take to succeed, particularly when it doesn't do well in Consumer Reports testing.    I wonder how it compares to a Dirt Devil Featherlite or Hoover?  Because Oreck has the ability to charge a premium for their products, they have the deep pockets to allow generous return policies.  

If the Garry were sold at El Big Bog Store, you could at least return it without being stuck with paying the shipping and handling charge twice. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #57   Dec 18, 2009 12:21 pm
Severus wrote:
Carmine,

The Garry may be a decent concept, but it's tough for an upstart to take to succeed, particularly when it doesn't do well in Consumer Reports testing.    I wonder how it compares to a Dirt Devil Featherlite or Hoover?  Because Oreck has the ability to charge a premium for their products, they have the deep pockets to allow generous return policies.  

If the Garry were sold at El Big Bog Store, you could at least return it without being stuck with paying the shipping and handling charge twice. 

Hi Severus,

Due to the shoddiness of the product, I still strongly feel it was the never the intention of the Garry's makers to make good on making good easy.

This is a vac that is cheap to make or acquire and banking on the "one's born every day' factor I think Garry probably anticipated a nice piece of change coming its way. I am not prone to sweat it for long in regard to purchases of $100 or less. I of course have followed through to gain whatever satisfaction may be due and conveniently accessible to me as regards disputes about such purchases. Yet, I have had to learn to grin and bear. A hundred dollars is considered as being no money at all in present times. A hundred dollars probably by equivalent represents the cost of the $39.95 miracles we thought were great back in the 1960s and 70s.

Cheating the public, no matter the price, by no means is good or decent but that is what I believe Garry set out to do and has done. I believe it so much that I'd bet money on it.

How many people are going to raise a fuss for long about something that only cost a hundred dollars or so? How many people are going to bother with even considering paying fifty bucks to ship a cheap vacuum back to its maker for repair? If it can't be fixed locally and cheaply the obvious end to the story takes place at the town dump. The guys in business who know stats and numbers know that and in this case banked on it.

Sadly, Garry's accomplice has been the victim. People thought they'd come across an opportunity to beat the market but were absolutely wrong in their anticipations.

I am not a great fan of Oreck but I think even a refurb of that brand will probably outlast a brand new Garry any day. My best advice to the public is to think longer before investing in cheap product claimed to outdo higher priced gizmos especially from companies that promise, "I'm gonna give you, and give you and give you . . ." What they usually end up giving you is the shaft. Best, Venson
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #58   Dec 18, 2009 12:28 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Severus,

Due to the shoddiness of the product, I still strongly feel it was the never the intention of the Garry's makers to make good on making good easy.

This is a vac that is cheap to make or acquire and banking on the "one's born every day' factor I think Garry probably anticipated a nice piece of change coming its way. I am not prone to sweat it for long in regard to purchases of $100 or less. I of course have followed through to gain whatever satisfaction may be due and conveniently accessible to me as regards disputes about such purchases. Yet, I have had to learn to grin and bear. A hundred dollars is considered as being no money at all in present times. A hundred dollars probably by equivalent represents the cost of the $39.95 miracles we thought were great back in the 1960s and 70s.

Cheating the public, no matter the price, by no means is good or decent but that is what I believe Garry set out to do and has done. I believe it so much that I'd bet money on it.

How many people are going to raise a fuss for long about something that only cost a hundred dollars or so? How many people are going to bother with even considering paying fifty bucks to ship a cheap vacuum back to its maker for repair? If it can't be fixed locally and cheaply the obvious end to the story takes place at the town dump. The guys in business who know stats and numbers know that and in this case banked on it.

Sadly, Garry's accomplice has been the victim. People thought they'd come across an opportunity to beat the market but were absolutely wrong in their anticipations.

I am not a great fan of Oreck but I think even a refurb of that brand will probably outlast a brand new Garry any day. My best advice to the public is to think longer before investing in cheap product claimed to outdo higher priced gizmos especially from companies that promise, "I'm gonna give you, and give you and give you . . ." What they usually end up giving you is the shaft. Best, Venson

Although Dustmite will accuse you and/or I of talking to ourselves, bravo.    Everyone wants a bargain.  The early pleated filter bagless vacuums were sold with a similar con - no bags to buy ever.  You just buy a filter that costs as much as a year's supply of bags. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
mole

Reply #59   Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm
Hi Venson

You bring a very  good argument to the table. Why cant companies, people just do the right things today. This will backfire on them it usually does just for some it takes longer.

But as you know there are still companies that are strait shooters out there but unfortunatly ALL dealers, distributors, owners,  get lumped into the same group, It must be the New way of doing business today. The machines dont cause the problems  Its the people behind it.

stay well

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #60   Dec 19, 2009 6:46 am
Garry has options if the sales wane.  Dropping price.  Big box venue.  Buyout [recall halo].  Finally, better product making.  See what happens.  Certainly, with its price and presentation it should withstand the current market and economy.  BTW, the testimonials are adding up on its Web Site.  Of course only the best are provided.  Still interesting to read if one has the time.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #61   Dec 19, 2009 7:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
Garry has options if the sales wane.  Dropping price.  Big box venue.  Buyout [recall halo].  Finally, better product making.  See what happens.  Certainly, with its price and presentation it should withstand the current market and economy.  BTW, the testimonials are adding up on its Web Site.  Of course only the best are provided.  Still interesting to read if one has the time.

Carmine D.

They really are copying Oreck.
CarmineD

Reply #62   Dec 19, 2009 8:27 am
HARDSELL wrote:
They really are copying Oreck.

Absolutely HS.  If you read the leadoff thread, I made the same observation with the Garry giveaways.  True of dyson too with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  True of Shark Navigator too taking on dyson with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  You always emulate the industry leaders, those that have made it over good times and bad, like ORECK, with success.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #63   Dec 19, 2009 9:29 am
CarmineD wrote:
Absolutely HS.  If you read the leadoff thread, I made the same observation with the Garry giveaways.  True of dyson too with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  True of Shark Navigator too taking on dyson with giveaways, taking a page from ORECK.  You always emulate the industry leaders, those that have made it over good times and bad, like ORECK, with success.

Carmine D.

Right,  deceiving comments on Oreck site leads to success.
CarmineD

Reply #64   Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Right,  deceiving comments on Oreck site leads to success.

HS:

All the ORECK buyers/users I know/talk with luv them and speak highly of them.  ORECK customers are generally repeat buyers and/or repair their ORECKs faithfully.  You are the ONLY ORECK exception I know.  And I know many.  ORECK surely has limitations.  All products do.  It's not for all and every vacuum user.  But for those who want them and buy them and use them, they are ideally suited. 

ORECK is obviously not for you and you for it.  We get it.  BUT .....honestly,  ORECK is doing very well despite it's head on hit by KATRINA in 2005, despite all the competition, and despite the economy.  Even without you as one of their statisfied customers.

Carmine D.

Replies: 55 - 64 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42