Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Original Message   Jun 24, 2009 1:30 pm
Saw today the Costco now sell the Oreck for $299 something I really didn't pay close attention just noticed a black charcoal color vacuum that everyone seem to have in the shopping cart...<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
This message was modified Jun 30, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 44 - 53 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Reply #44   Aug 28, 2009 6:55 am
Severus wrote:
I'm not sure how it is for commercial units, but Oreck does encourage consumers to try an Oreck in their home for 30 days with a very generous return policy.    Certainly not everyone will decide to keep the Oreck.  Some may even try for the "free gifts". 

Hello Severus:

Good point.  The free gifts are more desirable in hard times.  ORECK itself does not list refurbs for sale on its site.  Like dyson and HOOVER do.  ORECK sells thru arrangements with retailers and/or thru its network of 450 stores.

The Harbor Freight Commercial upright reconditioned for $189 is not a buy, its ok.  The model sells new between $200 and $250.  Harbor Freight is not the best venue for ORECK sales either.  More an esoteric retailer, not mainstream.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #45   Aug 28, 2009 7:59 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Not a bad price at all......considering the great quality and rep of the product your selling...knowing that your store will do well

'' like all the other'' oreck stores. With the success of ORECK...i would see this as a less risky venture ...compared to another

un-named sinking ship nowhere to be found franchise...with a  product nobody wants to service/touch .....even while in a recession.

..is proof positive that  ORECK would be the clear choice.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1'

As franchise fees go, this is on the lower end of price.  Considering no ORECK store has ever been shuttered in 40 years, it is a testament to their success. 

BUT... my advice to all:  Be your own boss regardless of the business but especially the vacuum business.  Keep the franchise fee in your pocket.  Run the show. 

I would never make dyson a mainstay of my business.  Too niche.  But certainly it should be part of it.  Why?  There's money to be made in dyson now even as a niche repair venue whether you like/sell the product new or not.  Most indies even if they discourage the sales are getting dysons in for repairs.  You can send to dyson, but you don't want to lose customers in a bad economy.  In fact even in a good economy. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #46   Aug 28, 2009 8:34 am
CarmineD wrote:
Gotcha HS:

I knew you would bite.  At one time, several years ago, you made this argument and you were right.  But no more.  First HOOVER has been in the US for over 100 years and the WT's, which you like to cite, have been on the market since 1998, alot longer than the DC16 and DC25 for examples.  Now dyson refurbs, and for some time now, outnumber HOOVER refurbs 2 to 1 at least on web pages, retaielrs and sites.  No other vacuum maker, bar none, has as many refurbs listed and for sale as your fave brand.

Like I said this is indicative of other problems:  sales, product, etc.  I hear Chopin's funeral march being played. 

Carmine D.

You got nothing Carmine unless you have stats to prove what you claim.  You claim 2 to 1.  Give us the  of units listed by each then you have something.

All the local pawn shops and yard sales are full of Hoovers.  Seldom see a Dyson.  Hoover seems to be # 1 listed on craigslist.

CarmineD

Reply #47   Aug 28, 2009 8:42 am
Again, HS like you dyson friend DIB you ask soup questions that have no meaning.  Look at the Web sites and do the math.

What I got is the correct perpsective on dyson refurbs and you/dyson can't counter with your own spin/smoke and mirrors.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #48   Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Again, HS like you dyson friend DIB you ask soup questions that have no meaning.  Look at the Web sites and do the math.

What I got is the correct perpsective on dyson refurbs and you/dyson can't counter with your own spin/smoke and mirrors.

Carmine D.

I did not ask any questions.  Now I will.  Can you add all the units on the web.  I doubt it.  THere was no doubt however that you were just spouting off as usual with no proof.

I spun nothing.  You are now trying to twist out of another statement that you can't prove.  It has come to be expected of you.

CarmineD

Reply #49   Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I did not ask any questions.  Now I will.  Can you add all the units on the web.  I doubt it.  THere was no doubt however that you were just spouting off as usual with no proof.

I spun nothing.  You are now trying to twist out of another statement that you can't prove.  It has come to be expected of you.

HS:

It doesn't take a genius, which we know you aren't, to eye ball the web and see who has the most refurbs.  If you can't navigate the computer here's a news flash:  IT"S DYSON!  Hands down winner.  My 5 year old grand daughter in kindergarten can do it in a few minutes.  But of course she count to 100.  Dyson has almost that many pages listed with refurbs.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #50   Aug 28, 2009 4:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

As franchise fees go, this is on the lower end of price.  Considering no ORECK store has ever been shuttered in 40 years, it is a testament to their success. 

BUT... my advice to all:  Be your own boss regardless of the business but especially the vacuum business.  Keep the franchise fee in your pocket.  Run the show. 

I would never make dyson a mainstay of my business.  Too niche.  But certainly it should be part of it.  Why?  There's money to be made in dyson now even as a niche repair venue whether you like/sell the product new or not.  Most indies even if they discourage the sales are getting dysons in for repairs.  You can send to dyson, but you don't want to lose customers in a bad economy.  In fact even in a good economy. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

I agree...its a great opp for some.  But i prefer  the indie path....to do things my own way. i wouldnt carry dyson vacuums but i wouldnt turn the repairs/service work away. ive worked on quite a few dysons back when the bosses dad owned it...so im pretty familiar w/ dyson.....to a point...just need more time with them i guess. My boss says he wants to focus more on the other business....cant keep running both and have a family life....id sure love to take the vac shop off his hands. 

HARDSELL

Reply #51   Aug 28, 2009 5:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

It doesn't take a genius, which we know you aren't, to eye ball the web and see who has the most refurbs.  If you can't navigate the computer here's a news flash:  IT"S DYSON!  Hands down winner.  My 5 year old grand daughter in kindergarten can do it in a few minutes.  But of course she count to 100.  Dyson has almost that many pages listed with refurbs.

Carmine D.

I have to assume that you can't count to 100 or you would have given an answer rather tha do the toilet dance.
CarmineD

Reply #52   Aug 28, 2009 6:26 pm
HS:

That's funny because I figured the same for you and that's why you asked me to do it for you!  I figured if you want the proof you would take a few minutes like my 5 yr old grand daughter and do it.  Second thought it would take you longer.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Aug 28, 2009 6:41 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

I agree...its a great opp for some.  But i prefer  the indie path....to do things my own way. i wouldnt carry dyson vacuums but i wouldnt turn the repairs/service work away. ive worked on quite a few dysons back when the bosses dad owned it...so im pretty familiar w/ dyson.....to a point...just need more time with them i guess. My boss says he wants to focus more on the other business....cant keep running both and have a family life....id sure love to take the vac shop off his hands. 

Maybe your boss will accomodate your desire to take over the vacuum store.  Does he own the store/rent?

BTW, a damsel in distress called a little while ago.  Seems her expensive big box store bagless vacuum ain't picking up as good as it should.  I asked her a few questions and said I stop by tomorrow and check it out.  She's an electrical engineer and use to work for an air plane maker.  Got sucked in by the hype and her husband is a Brit.  What can you expect?  If I have to take the d-bagless for repair, I'll leave her an ORECK/HOOVER TEMPO.  Thye will probably spoil her after using the d-bagless for 4 years.

Carmine D.

Replies: 44 - 53 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42