Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Original Message   Jun 24, 2009 1:30 pm
Saw today the Costco now sell the Oreck for $299 something I really didn't pay close attention just noticed a black charcoal color vacuum that everyone seem to have in the shopping cart...<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
This message was modified Jun 30, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 1 - 86 of 86View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck @ Costco
Reply #1   Jun 24, 2009 2:29 pm
COSTCO club stores are an excellent sales venue for ORECK.  An easy sale too for ORECK minded customers who know the name and product.  With the network of ORECK stores nationwide for parts and service, even the COSTCO sales result in ORECK business for parts and repairs.  Win, win.  As long as COSTCO and ORECK don't compete on prices.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #2   Jun 24, 2009 3:24 pm
Worth mentioning...  the Oreck appeared at Cosco *ONLY after the TTI introduced their Oreck copy-cat vacuum and copy-cat marketing.  IMO, it is only a matter of time before Oreck is forced to close down all/most of thier American assembly....   aka, "The high cost of low price".

DIB

*Assuming Oreck has not sold in Cosco and at this pirce point before this time.

Venson

Reply #3   Jun 24, 2009 5:05 pm
Oddly enough, there's no listing for Oreck online at the Costco site. They still must be going strong. The online listing, I believe, shows the total vac brands and models that Costco carries as opposed to what may show up store to store. Maybe it was the Pre-Oreck Halo that was spotted.

Also, I happened to be in my local store today and the line-up has not changed including the Dyson DC17.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #4   Jun 24, 2009 5:45 pm
Venson wrote:
Oddly enough, there's no listing for Oreck online at the Costco site. They still must be going strong. The online listing, I believe, shows the total vac brands and models that Costco carries as opposed to what may show up store to store. Maybe it was the Pre-Oreck Halo that was spotted.

Also, I happened to be in my local store today and the line-up has not changed including the Dyson DC17.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I thought the same when I read Ace's post:  It was the $99 halo and not the $299 ORECK.  But Ace mentions colors that are vintage ORECK and not halo.  ORECK may be testing the waters in several strategic stores and locations.  COSTCO store managers have discretion to add/subtract products different from the Corporate guidance and recommendations.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #5   Jun 24, 2009 5:51 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Worth mentioning...  the Oreck appeared at Cosco *ONLY after the TTI introduced their Oreck copy-cat vacuum and copy-cat marketing.  IMO, it is only a matter of time before Oreck is forced to close down all/most of thier American assembly....   aka, "The high cost of low price".

DIB

*Assuming Oreck has not sold in Cosco and at this pirce point before this time.

DIB:

After KATRINA hit in 2005 and leveled its headquarters and vacuum plant, it was a perfect opportunity for ORECK to move production to a cheaper labor country outside the USA.  Like most other vacuum makers have done.  Many predicted ORECK would too.  Some here even predicted it was the death knell for ORECK.  They were wrong.  ORECK moved to a state less prone to storms and more readily able to fend them off.  But stayed rooted in the USA for production of its uprights.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #6   Jun 24, 2009 5:58 pm
DIB:

BTW, given a choice of the Platinum HOOVER lightweight WT upright and companion canister for $399 vice the ORECK upright and canister for $299, I would buy the ORECK and recommend others to do the same.  Not just for price.  But for performance too.  The HOOVER's are okay for the money and the 6 year warranties are nice selling features at the big box stores.  The HOOVER cann has loads of power, nice size HEPA dirt bag for a compact and very quiet operation.  But ORECK is the real McCoy for upright lightweights and at $299, it gets the edge over HOOVER in my book.  ORECK upright is better quality too than the HOOVER TTI lightweight upright.  ORECK's made in the USA speaks for itself.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #7   Jun 24, 2009 6:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:</p><p>I thought the same when I read Ace's post:  It was the $99 halo and not the $299 ORECK.  But Ace mentions colors that are vintage ORECK and not halo.  ORECK may be testing the waters in several strategic stores and locations.  COSTCO store managers have discretion to add/subtract products different from the Corporate guidance and recommendations.</p><p>Carmine D.

Geez -- I wish mine would.

Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #8   Jun 25, 2009 12:07 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

BTW, given a choice of the Platinum HOOVER lightweight WT upright and companion canister for $399 vice the ORECK upright and canister for $299, I would buy the ORECK and recommend others to do the same.  Not just for price.  But for performance too.  The HOOVER's are okay for the money and the 6 year warranties are nice selling features at the big box stores.  The HOOVER cann has loads of power, nice size HEPA dirt bag for a compact and very quiet operation.  But ORECK is the real McCoy for upright lightweights and at $299, it gets the edge over HOOVER in my book.  ORECK upright is better quality too than the HOOVER TTI lightweight upright.  ORECK's made in the USA speaks for itself.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

I second that ....altho i love the look of the hoover ..it will never outlast the oreck..or come close to its durability ...you can take an oreck from ' in your home use ' into   a commercial use, day in day out  without a hitch...cant see that with tti or any bagless whatsoever.....except the sanitaire comm. dump cup type.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2009 by retardturtle1
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Jun 25, 2009 1:36 am
Exactly what Oreck or equivalent is selling at Cosco?

DIB

retardturtle1

Reply #10   Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Exactly what Oreck or equivalent is selling at Cosco?

DIB

HI DIB

the hoover lightwgt platinum in question might be the one ...but the closest one id have to say was, that discontinued mod. from hoover  that looked like an oreck. whatever happened to it.....[cause] of its vanishing act.

Lucky1

Reply #11   Jun 27, 2009 12:28 pm
Buyers should ask IF BBS vacuums are sold with FULL warranty coverage. I'm hearing dealers won't service or honor warranties on them.
CarmineD

Reply #12   Jun 27, 2009 3:29 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Buyers should ask IF BBS vacuums are sold with FULL warranty coverage. I'm hearing dealers won't service or honor warranties on them.

Thanks Lucky1.  Interesting point.  I don't know for certain about the ORECK's sold new at COSTCO, because I haven't been to my local COSTCO store to see and hear about the sales of ORECK's.  I suspect since ORECK has a manufacturer's warranty of usually 1, 3, 5 or more years that the authorized ORECK stores would honor the ORECK warranty regardless of place of purchase as long as the owner bought the vacuum new and is the original owner.  What are your thoughts? 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #13   Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Lucky1.  Interesting point.  I don't know for certain about the ORECK's sold new at COSTCO, because I haven't been to my local COSTCO store to see and hear about the sales of ORECK's.  I suspect since ORECK has a manufacturer's warranty of usually 1, 3, 5 or more years that the authorized ORECK stores would honor the ORECK warranty regardless of place of purchase as long as the owner bought the vacuum new and is the original owner.  What are your thoughts? 

Carmine D.

yes...a very good point indeed...you would think yes..i mean you buy a car [gm] on the west coast... you move to the east coast...you develop car problems and take it to a gm dealership..they fix it....because your covered by the warranty...so the same should apply. if your an authorized svc/store and reguardless of where it came from..if its under warr. u fix it....i just dont see an authorized oreck svc/dlr not honoring it....ive never once heard anybody complain about the service they recieved from oreck ..or how they did business....id be blown away if they didnt or wouldnt honor it.
CarmineD

Reply #14   Jun 30, 2009 7:14 am
Judy ORECK is taking the pitch man [woman] reigns over from Dave.  Watch for new newspaper and TV adds promoting, demo-ing and selling ORECK-s by Judy.  She is the new "godmother" of the ORECK vacuum business.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #15   Jun 30, 2009 9:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Judy ORECK is taking the pitch man [woman] reigns over from Dave.  Watch for new newspaper and TV adds promoting, demo-ing and selling ORECK-s by Judy.  She is the new &quot;godmother&quot; of the ORECK vacuum business.</p><p>Carmine D.

May not be a bad thing since women constitute the larger part of vacuum users and highly influence vacuum purchases if not buying them outright.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #16   Jun 30, 2009 12:39 pm
Venson wrote:
May not be a bad thing since women constitute the larger part of vacuum users and highly influence vacuum purchases if not buying them outright.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I agree.  I haven't seen actual data, but I suspect women comprise the bulk of ORECK customers.  And Judy would most definitely appeal and attract women vacuum customers.  Judy is nice on the eyes too, so she'd probably get some male vacuum customers too.  Especially with the "mob/godmother" theme that she is using on the current sales pitch.

Carmine D.

Tread184

Re: Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Reply #17   Jul 21, 2009 3:04 am
It my understanding that Oreck does back any warranty of its vacs sold from other stores. After a log discussion last week, my friend explained to me that Oreck is also sold by HSN and JC Penny's and is on their websites as well, but they have restrictions on what products and how they sell them that the Home Care and Franchise stores do not have to follow as closely.

Form the picture , it doesnt look as sleek as the newest Oreck line out...maybe last years design..It seems to have a better handle on it than the base model the my Sister has. I guess the other question is if it has 2 speeds or not. i love the fact the my XL21 has a high and low speed.
CarmineD

Reply #18   Jul 21, 2009 6:26 am
Tread184 wrote:
It my understanding that Oreck does back any warranty of its vacs sold from other stores. After a log discussion last week, my friend explained to me that Oreck is also sold by HSN and JC Penny's and is on their websites as well, but they have restrictions on what products and how they sell them that the Home Care and Franchise stores do not have to follow as closely.

Form the picture , it doesnt look as sleek as the newest Oreck line out...maybe last years design..It seems to have a better handle on it than the base model the my Sister has. I guess the other question is if it has 2 speeds or not. i love the fact the my XL21 has a high and low speed.

The look of the COSTCO ORECK is the old ORECK style not the latest and greatest.  One of the reasons I intend to upgrade to the Silver series and donate away the XL Classic.  I too and my dear Wife like the newer ORECK look better than the old.

Carmine D.

Revised: And of course, the ergonomic handle grip on the Silver which is not on my ORECK XL Classic.

This message was modified Jul 21, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #19   Jul 28, 2009 7:01 pm
For those of you who are COSTCO store members, the August 2009 COSTCO Connection magazine

features the ORECK XL Pro Plus lightweight upright with companion canister.  Rated HEPA with a

year's supply of HEPA Saniseal bags that lock in dirt, dust and allergens.  Comes with two free tuneups. 

The ORECK feature is part of the monthly COSTCO magazine topic:  Inside COSTCO, Exciting new products

arriving soon.  COSTCO boasts the ORECK has "superb cleaning performance."

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #20   Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
For those of you who are COSTCO store members, the August 2009 COSTCO Connection magazine

features the ORECK XL Pro Plus lightweight upright with companion canister.  Rated HEPA with a

year's supply of HEPA Saniseal bags that lock in dirt, dust and allergens.  Comes with two free tuneups. 

The ORECK feature is part of the monthly COSTCO magazine topic:  Inside COSTCO, Exciting new products

arriving soon.  COSTCO boasts the ORECK has "superb cleaning performance."

Carmine D.

Do you expect them to be honest and lose sales?

Oreck sales must have bottomed out.  Why else would they resort to big box sales?

Nothing unusual about the sales hype in the COSTCO mag.  Just more sales hype.  Many will fall for it.

procare

Reply #21   Jul 28, 2009 10:23 pm
  When I went in to an Oreck Store recently I saw different brands of cleaners with the Oreck name on them. There are Sanitaaires,Windsor, and another. Oreck seems to want to sell everyone even if they rebadge some. They bought Halo out.Going into a BBS is only logical since David isn't running the show and Oreck wants to dominate.

Procare

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #22   Jul 28, 2009 11:00 pm
Quick question about Oreck, and their rebranded products - Did Oreck ever sell a rebranded version of the Regina Housekeeper after they bought the company from Philips? I know Oreck sells the Steemer and Electrik Broom, but what about Regina's volume selling upright? I couldn't help but think that it could be useful as a low priced entry level vac to help Oreck gain market share (even though the previous Housekeeper needed a redesign considering the poor quality of the final generation model under Regina).
CarmineD

Reply #23   Jul 29, 2009 7:06 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Quick question about Oreck, and their rebranded products - Did Oreck ever sell a rebranded version of the Regina Housekeeper after they bought the company from Philips? I know Oreck sells the Steemer and Electrik Broom, but what about Regina's volume selling upright? I couldn't help but think that it could be useful as a low priced entry level vac to help Oreck gain market share (even though the previous Housekeeper needed a redesign considering the poor quality of the final generation model under Regina).

To my knowledge, iMacDaddy, ORECK let the Regina upright vacuum die its own natural death.  The volume seeling upright was all smoke and mirrors.  The company and the uprights were mired down in probably the worse financial scandal ever perpetrated in the vacuum industry.  How?  Selling refurbs/returns as new and double counting the sales and profits by understating the costs of production.  Why?  Greed.  To make the execs rich.  These execs were in bed with Wall Street and the stock was a hot seller for several years.  Until an outside auditor bucked the trend and revealed the scam.  All the Regina/WS greedies were put in jail and some may still be. They have never resurfaced in the US business world.  Once your business rep is tarnished, epsecially for integrity, you're toast.  ORECK felt the same way about the uprights I imagine.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Aug 1, 2009 4:54 pm
An update on Regina:

Regina Brand Name:
Regina as a manufacturing company has ceased to exist. This brand name has been purchased
by TTI, Royal's parent company, and is now being used on select products manufactured by Royal
and marketed through Home Depot.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #25   Aug 26, 2009 1:54 am
The Oreck Pro has just been put om display at my local Costco. Same price -- $298.99.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #26   Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am
Venson wrote:
The Oreck Pro has just been put om display at my local Costco. Same price -- $298.99.

Venson

Hello Venson:

I've received another offer from ORECK good thru Sept 25 for a Silver series upright solo for $199 with free shipping and year's worth of bags. 

Carmine D.

Poster's note:  I mistakenly posted Platinum and should have been Silver.  

This message was modified Aug 27, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #27   Aug 26, 2009 8:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:</p><p>I've received another offer from ORECK good thru Sept 25 for a Platinum upright solo for $199 with free shipping and year's worth of bags. </p><p>Carmine D.

Good morning Carmine,

I wonder why Costco isn't allowing a better price break on the Pro.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #28   Aug 26, 2009 8:51 am
Venson wrote:
Good morning Carmine,

I wonder why Costco isn't allowing a better price break on the Pro.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Perhaps ORECK is dictating the price at least for the time being.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #29   Aug 26, 2009 2:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Perhaps ORECK is dictating the price at least for the time being.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Meant to ask you about the ORECK you were gonna get...howd things pan out?

CarmineD

Reply #30   Aug 26, 2009 5:09 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Meant to ask you about the ORECK you were gonna get...howd things pan out?

Hello 'turtle1'

Would you believe I've been waiting all summmer for the Steam It to come into my local ORECK dealer and it's not yet.  Perhaps Judy will call me personally to let me know when the store gets it.  I'm really not in any real hurry for it and I have an ORECK offer in writing good until Septembe 25 for the new Platinum for $199, which I presume the local ORECK dealer would match. 

Thanks for asking.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #31   Aug 26, 2009 6:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

Would you believe I've been waiting all summmer for the Steam It to come into my local ORECK dealer and it's not yet.  Perhaps Judy will call me personally to let me know when the store gets it.  I'm really not in any real hurry for it and I have an ORECK offer in writing good until Septembe 25 for the new Platinum for $199, which I presume the local ORECK dealer would match. 

Thanks for asking.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

WOW..your patience is commendable. ...im impressed.  is that price w/ trade in and free steam it?...hope so...for your wait and loyalty...but that platinum  really looks awsome..with performance to match....excellent choice. ive had my eyes peeled for one at the shop and yard sales...thrift shops...and nothing.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #32   Aug 26, 2009 6:37 pm
Hello 'turtle1'

There's nothing material I can't live without. 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #33   Aug 26, 2009 6:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

There's nothing material I can't live without. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

So true my friend....i do agree....but sure would be nice to have tho.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #34   Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm
Hi 'turtle1'

If I were in need, I'd order from the ORECK Web Site for the same price at the local dealer.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #35   Aug 27, 2009 1:59 pm
Could the new Oreck "Investors" needing quick $'s to recoup their investment have anything to do with this? Undercutting their Franchise Dealers who PAY A HEFTY PRICE to be Oreck Dealers, is a pretty underhanded way to do business IMHO. Taking away vacuum sales and making them honor warranties?????... all for the promise of BAG sales. Who can run and support a business on bag sales?
CarmineD

Reply #36   Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm
Hello Lucky1:

You raise an interesting point.  Since this is an "old" discountinued ORECK model I would think the investors, who may or may not be represented on the Board of Directors, had no input. 

In my opinion, it's just a good way to unload old stock, keep your name and product in the market place with a reputable retailer, COSCTCO, which has done well

with sales while most others have tanked.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #37   Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm
Lucky1:

The curent ORECK franchise fee is $188,000 to $230,000.  This surprised me.  I thought it would be more, much more.  Latest count is 450 stores nationwide.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #38   Aug 27, 2009 4:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Lucky1:

The curent ORECK franchise fee is $188,000 to $230,000.  This surprised me.  I thought it would be more, much more.  Latest count is 450 stores nationwide.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Not a bad price at all......considering the great quality and rep of the product your selling...knowing that your store will do well

'' like all the other'' oreck stores. With the success of ORECK...i would see this as a less risky venture ...compared to another

un-named sinking ship nowhere to be found franchise...with a  product nobody wants to service/touch .....even while in a recession.

..is proof positive that  ORECK would be the clear choice.

turtle1

This message was modified Aug 27, 2009 by retardturtle1
HARDSELL

Reply #39   Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Lucky1:

You raise an interesting point.  Since this is an "old" discountinued ORECK model I would think the investors, who may or may not be represented on the Board of Directors, had no input. 

In my opinion, it's just a good way to unload old stock, keep your name and product in the market place with a reputable retailer, COSCTCO, which has done well

with sales while most others have tanked.

Carmine D.

And to think that you criticize Dyson for liquidating old stock.  Of course you would complain if Dyson gave them away.

BTW, you never told us that Oreck had enough OLD STOCK to have to liquidate.  Not to mention all those refurbs at Harbor freight.  Maybe the Oreck model is suffering more than you would admit.

CarmineD

Reply #40   Aug 27, 2009 8:38 pm
Well HS if you look at refurbs, ORECK has a few listings on a few pages including the Commercial upright at Harbor Freight. 

Not too bad for a company with a presence in the USA for over 45 years and selling over 10 million units

including a prevasive presence at hotels and motels.  Probably the reason for the refurb commercial uprights.  Traded to

upgrade the cleaning fleet.

If you look at dyson refurbs, the Web pages go on and on well into the double digits packed from top to bottom.  For a

company that has been selling for only 7 years in the USA.  You defend that record of huge numbers of dyson refurbs? 

Shame on you.  It is indicative of severe product sales problems.  Like I always say to your friend DIB, where you stand

depends on where you sit.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Aug 27, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #41   Aug 27, 2009 10:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Well HS if you look at refurbs, ORECK has a few listings on a few pages including the Commercial upright at Harbor Freight. 

Not too bad for a company with a presence in the USA for over 45 years and selling over 10 million units

including a prevasive presence at hotels and motels.  Probably the reason for the refurb commercial uprights.  Traded to

upgrade the cleaning fleet.

If you look at dyson refurbs, the Web pages go on and on well into the double digits packed from top to bottom.  For a

company that has been selling for only 7 years in the USA.  You defend that record of huge numbers of dyson refurbs? 

Shame on you.  It is indicative of severe product sales problems.  Like I always say to your friend DIB, where you stand

depends on where you sit.

Carmine D. 

We may see the day when Dyson has as many refurbs as Hoover. Of course if Dyson had not busted Hoover then Hoover would have always held top spot for refurbs.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #42   Aug 27, 2009 11:17 pm
I'm not sure how it is for commercial units, but Oreck does encourage consumers to try an Oreck in their home for 30 days with a very generous return policy.    Certainly not everyone will decide to keep the Oreck.  Some may even try for the "free gifts". 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #43   Aug 28, 2009 6:51 am
HARDSELL wrote:
We may see the day when Dyson has as many refurbs as Hoover. Of course if Dyson had not busted Hoover then Hoover would have always held top spot for refurbs.

Gotcha HS:

I knew you would bite.  At one time, several years ago, you made this argument and you were right.  But no more.  First HOOVER has been in the US for over 100 years and the WT's, which you like to cite, have been on the market since 1998, alot longer than the DC16 and DC25 for examples.  Now dyson refurbs, and for some time now, outnumber HOOVER refurbs 2 to 1 at least on web pages, retaielrs and sites.  No other vacuum maker, bar none, has as many refurbs listed and for sale as your fave brand.

Like I said this is indicative of other problems:  sales, product, etc.  I hear Chopin's funeral march being played. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #44   Aug 28, 2009 6:55 am
Severus wrote:
I'm not sure how it is for commercial units, but Oreck does encourage consumers to try an Oreck in their home for 30 days with a very generous return policy.    Certainly not everyone will decide to keep the Oreck.  Some may even try for the "free gifts". 

Hello Severus:

Good point.  The free gifts are more desirable in hard times.  ORECK itself does not list refurbs for sale on its site.  Like dyson and HOOVER do.  ORECK sells thru arrangements with retailers and/or thru its network of 450 stores.

The Harbor Freight Commercial upright reconditioned for $189 is not a buy, its ok.  The model sells new between $200 and $250.  Harbor Freight is not the best venue for ORECK sales either.  More an esoteric retailer, not mainstream.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #45   Aug 28, 2009 7:59 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Not a bad price at all......considering the great quality and rep of the product your selling...knowing that your store will do well

'' like all the other'' oreck stores. With the success of ORECK...i would see this as a less risky venture ...compared to another

un-named sinking ship nowhere to be found franchise...with a  product nobody wants to service/touch .....even while in a recession.

..is proof positive that  ORECK would be the clear choice.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1'

As franchise fees go, this is on the lower end of price.  Considering no ORECK store has ever been shuttered in 40 years, it is a testament to their success. 

BUT... my advice to all:  Be your own boss regardless of the business but especially the vacuum business.  Keep the franchise fee in your pocket.  Run the show. 

I would never make dyson a mainstay of my business.  Too niche.  But certainly it should be part of it.  Why?  There's money to be made in dyson now even as a niche repair venue whether you like/sell the product new or not.  Most indies even if they discourage the sales are getting dysons in for repairs.  You can send to dyson, but you don't want to lose customers in a bad economy.  In fact even in a good economy. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #46   Aug 28, 2009 8:34 am
CarmineD wrote:
Gotcha HS:

I knew you would bite.  At one time, several years ago, you made this argument and you were right.  But no more.  First HOOVER has been in the US for over 100 years and the WT's, which you like to cite, have been on the market since 1998, alot longer than the DC16 and DC25 for examples.  Now dyson refurbs, and for some time now, outnumber HOOVER refurbs 2 to 1 at least on web pages, retaielrs and sites.  No other vacuum maker, bar none, has as many refurbs listed and for sale as your fave brand.

Like I said this is indicative of other problems:  sales, product, etc.  I hear Chopin's funeral march being played. 

Carmine D.

You got nothing Carmine unless you have stats to prove what you claim.  You claim 2 to 1.  Give us the  of units listed by each then you have something.

All the local pawn shops and yard sales are full of Hoovers.  Seldom see a Dyson.  Hoover seems to be # 1 listed on craigslist.

CarmineD

Reply #47   Aug 28, 2009 8:42 am
Again, HS like you dyson friend DIB you ask soup questions that have no meaning.  Look at the Web sites and do the math.

What I got is the correct perpsective on dyson refurbs and you/dyson can't counter with your own spin/smoke and mirrors.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #48   Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Again, HS like you dyson friend DIB you ask soup questions that have no meaning.  Look at the Web sites and do the math.

What I got is the correct perpsective on dyson refurbs and you/dyson can't counter with your own spin/smoke and mirrors.

Carmine D.

I did not ask any questions.  Now I will.  Can you add all the units on the web.  I doubt it.  THere was no doubt however that you were just spouting off as usual with no proof.

I spun nothing.  You are now trying to twist out of another statement that you can't prove.  It has come to be expected of you.

CarmineD

Reply #49   Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I did not ask any questions.  Now I will.  Can you add all the units on the web.  I doubt it.  THere was no doubt however that you were just spouting off as usual with no proof.

I spun nothing.  You are now trying to twist out of another statement that you can't prove.  It has come to be expected of you.

HS:

It doesn't take a genius, which we know you aren't, to eye ball the web and see who has the most refurbs.  If you can't navigate the computer here's a news flash:  IT"S DYSON!  Hands down winner.  My 5 year old grand daughter in kindergarten can do it in a few minutes.  But of course she count to 100.  Dyson has almost that many pages listed with refurbs.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #50   Aug 28, 2009 4:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

As franchise fees go, this is on the lower end of price.  Considering no ORECK store has ever been shuttered in 40 years, it is a testament to their success. 

BUT... my advice to all:  Be your own boss regardless of the business but especially the vacuum business.  Keep the franchise fee in your pocket.  Run the show. 

I would never make dyson a mainstay of my business.  Too niche.  But certainly it should be part of it.  Why?  There's money to be made in dyson now even as a niche repair venue whether you like/sell the product new or not.  Most indies even if they discourage the sales are getting dysons in for repairs.  You can send to dyson, but you don't want to lose customers in a bad economy.  In fact even in a good economy. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

I agree...its a great opp for some.  But i prefer  the indie path....to do things my own way. i wouldnt carry dyson vacuums but i wouldnt turn the repairs/service work away. ive worked on quite a few dysons back when the bosses dad owned it...so im pretty familiar w/ dyson.....to a point...just need more time with them i guess. My boss says he wants to focus more on the other business....cant keep running both and have a family life....id sure love to take the vac shop off his hands. 

HARDSELL

Reply #51   Aug 28, 2009 5:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

It doesn't take a genius, which we know you aren't, to eye ball the web and see who has the most refurbs.  If you can't navigate the computer here's a news flash:  IT"S DYSON!  Hands down winner.  My 5 year old grand daughter in kindergarten can do it in a few minutes.  But of course she count to 100.  Dyson has almost that many pages listed with refurbs.

Carmine D.

I have to assume that you can't count to 100 or you would have given an answer rather tha do the toilet dance.
CarmineD

Reply #52   Aug 28, 2009 6:26 pm
HS:

That's funny because I figured the same for you and that's why you asked me to do it for you!  I figured if you want the proof you would take a few minutes like my 5 yr old grand daughter and do it.  Second thought it would take you longer.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Aug 28, 2009 6:41 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

I agree...its a great opp for some.  But i prefer  the indie path....to do things my own way. i wouldnt carry dyson vacuums but i wouldnt turn the repairs/service work away. ive worked on quite a few dysons back when the bosses dad owned it...so im pretty familiar w/ dyson.....to a point...just need more time with them i guess. My boss says he wants to focus more on the other business....cant keep running both and have a family life....id sure love to take the vac shop off his hands. 

Maybe your boss will accomodate your desire to take over the vacuum store.  Does he own the store/rent?

BTW, a damsel in distress called a little while ago.  Seems her expensive big box store bagless vacuum ain't picking up as good as it should.  I asked her a few questions and said I stop by tomorrow and check it out.  She's an electrical engineer and use to work for an air plane maker.  Got sucked in by the hype and her husband is a Brit.  What can you expect?  If I have to take the d-bagless for repair, I'll leave her an ORECK/HOOVER TEMPO.  Thye will probably spoil her after using the d-bagless for 4 years.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #54   Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
. . . Seems her expensive big box store bagless vacuum ain't picking up as good as it should. . .

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Let us know if it's a clog or dirty filters.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #55   Aug 28, 2009 9:10 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Venson

Hi Venson:

I asked if she checked the filters and cleaned?  She asked me:  It has filters?   That's when I said, I'll be by to check it tomorrow.  2 kids.  3 dogs.  4 years old, thereabouts.  DC07 Animal.  Cleans once/twice a week.  I suspect she bought into the hype:  Use, dump, store.  Use, dump, store.  Use, dump, store.  Until nothing to dump.  Probably, the premotor filter. 

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #56   Aug 28, 2009 11:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I asked if she checked the filters and cleaned?  She asked me:  It has filters?   That's when I said, I'll be by to check it tomorrow.  2 kids.  3 dogs.  4 years old, thereabouts.  DC07 Animal.  Cleans once/twice a week.  I suspect she bought into the hype:  Use, dump, store.  Use, dump, store.  Use, dump, store.  Until nothing to dump.  Probably, the premotor filter. 

Carmine D. 

Must be a very very blonde engineer.  Does she know to plug the vacuum into an outlet.
retardturtle1

Reply #57   Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am
CarmineD wrote:
Maybe your boss will accomodate your desire to take over the vacuum store.  Does he own the store/rent?

BTW, a damsel in distress called a little while ago.  Seems her expensive big box store bagless vacuum ain't picking up as good as it should.  I asked her a few questions and said I stop by tomorrow and check it out.  She's an electrical engineer and use to work for an air plane maker.  Got sucked in by the hype and her husband is a Brit.  What can you expect?  If I have to take the d-bagless for repair, I'll leave her an ORECK/HOOVER TEMPO.  Thye will probably spoil her after using the d-bagless for 4 years.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

He rents the store..id use the name and inventory.....we have a very good rep around here....top notch cust serv/repairs..

.no pressure sales ...so the name is a keeper.But thats  [IF] he can let it go...IF- little word big meaning.  -Id say let her use the tempo

'' it is then shell see that she got ripped off...that an $80 vac can outperform her overpriced dyson...her carpets/rugs will be cleaner

and look better than they ever have..guarenteed and at hundreds and hundreds less....and in the process a Brit will be converted/reformed........jump ship.

But either one are far better than the dyson...so its win-win.

turtle1

This message was modified Aug 29, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #58   Aug 29, 2009 7:13 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Must be a very very blonde engineer.  Does she know to plug the vacuum into an outlet.

Actually she is a bleached [highlighted called now] blond.  Lovely lady.  I suspect with the 2 young boys, and the dogs, and home schooling the boys, and active in several ministries of the Church, she has her hands full.  Can't find the d-User's Manual.  Husband is out of town on business and generally does the vacuum maintenance.  She has another vacuum, an over 20 year old Compact, but I suspect that's not working either.  I'm sure she knows how to plug the vacuum in.  She also knows how to turn it, unlike you.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #59   Aug 29, 2009 7:29 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

He rents the store..id use the name and inventory.....we have a very good rep around here....top notch cust serv/repairs..

.no pressure sales ...so the name is a keeper.But thats  [IF] he can let it go...IF- little word big meaning.  -Id say let her use the tempo

'' it is then shell see that she got ripped off...that an $80 vac can outperform her overpriced dyson...her carpets/rugs will be cleaner

and look better than they ever have..guarenteed and at hundreds and hundreds less....and in the process a Brit will be converted/reformed........jump ship.

But either one are far better than the dyson...so its win-win.

turtle1

Hi 'turtle1'

Find a good busy location and buy the store.  Good use of the franchise fee.  I suggest not to rent if you can.  Just my opinion.  Own.  Don't worry about his good rep.  You'll develop your own in short order.  Grape vine, word of mouth spreads quickly. 

Ironically, several years ago Consumer Reports did a review of the HOOVER TEMPO and I showed to this kind lady.  She was impressed and said shed like to have one.  She already owned a dyson.  I supect like you and Procare say it's the pre-motor filter and cyclones that are dirt filled.  Probably have been happening for awhile and now with nothing to dump, she knows there's a problem.  I'll check it out and leave a vacuum for her if necessary.  Probably leave the TEMPO.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #60   Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Venson

Hello Venson et al:

You know something's wrong with a dyson when the dirt inside the bin justs sits there and doesn't whirl around.  Several problems:  Both filters are dirty and the pre-motor filter is filthy.  The shroud holes are all clogged with fine dirt and dog hair.  I asked her to demonstarte how she empties the dirt bin.  She did.  Pops the finger tab, lid opens, out falls the dirt.  She doesn't tap the dirt bin canister edge on the trash can to loosen the cyclone dust and dirt.  This is explained in dyson's manual but she doesn't know where the manual is.  Most dyson users probably don't do this and they should get into the habit of doing it.  The human and dog hair wrap is so built up on the brush bar that the bristles are not visible.  I can see why repairs for such dysons are $20-$30 with no parts.  Probably will take about 45 minutes to complete the service.  Messy and dirty.  No work for me today and tomorrow.  This will get done on Monday and returned to her on Tuesday [free of course].

If anything else develops, I'll post it.

Carmine D.

PS:  Husband gets an F.  Wife gets an A for knowing who to call.

HARDSELL

Reply #61   Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson et al:

You know something's wrong with a dyson when the dirt inside the bin justs sits there and doesn't whirl around.  Several problems:  Both filters are dirty and the pre-motor filter is filthy.  The shroud holes are all clogged with fine dirt and dog hair.  I asked her to demonstarte how she empties the dirt bin.  She did.  Pops the finger tab, lid opens, out falls the dirt.  She doesn't tap the dirt bin canister edge on the trash can to loosen the cyclone dust and dirt.  This is explained in dyson's manual but she doesn't know where the manual is.  Most dyson users probably don't do this and they should get into the habit of doing it.  The human and dog hair wrap is so built up on the brush bar that the bristles are not visible.  I can see why repairs for such dysons are $20-$30 with no parts.  Probably will take about 45 minutes to complete the service.  Messy and dirty.  No work for me today and tomorrow.  This will get done on Monday and returned to her on Tuesday [free of course].

Carmine D.

I get a lot of hair wrapped around the brush of my vacuums.  This is not exclusive to Dyson.  If I had an animal it would likely be as bad as you describe.  PS.  My wife is not an animal she simply has long hair.

Yes the canister should be tapped against the trash can to loosen the dust in the shroud. Provided it is plastic or similar type can. This applies to Hoovers also.  Still not like trying to clean a Hoover screen or pleated filter.

CarmineD

Reply #62   Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm
HS:

Dyson brush bars on DC07 and DC14 are probably the worse for hair and rug wrap. Why?

Non-standard industry design.  The brush roll is small and the bristles are few. 

Dyson goes thru great lengths with pics and instructions to show users how to cut off

the hair and rug wrap with a pair of scizzors.  Most, regardless of hair color, don't do it.

Bagless screens are easy to brush clean/wash.  Dyson shrouds with perforated holes and cyclones

are more problematic.  Can't use water.  Have to take the time to tap the bin, loosen the caked on

dirt and blow out.  A dirty job regardless of your hair color.

Gasko was right.  Dysons need to be demoed and explained to users to work properly. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #63   Aug 29, 2009 5:20 pm
HS:

Several HOOVER models use pleated filters with teflon coatings that can be washed.

I believe these are evn available as replacements for paper pleated filters.

Most paper pleated filters are better vacuumed cleaned.  Alot less messier than tapping

and risking breakage of dirt bins/shrouds that can't be washed.  

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #64   Aug 29, 2009 5:23 pm
Of course HS you can buy a bagged vacuum, available in HOOVER models, but not dyson, that don't have

these filter issues and have cheap readily available new filter replacements for just a few dollars NOT $20-$40.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #65   Aug 29, 2009 6:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Of course HS you can buy a bagged vacuum, available in HOOVER models, but not dyson, that don't have

these filter issues and have cheap readily available new filter replacements for just a few dollars NOT $20-$40.

Carmine D.

The hoovers do not last long enough to need a new filter. 
CarmineD

Reply #66   Aug 29, 2009 6:11 pm
HS:

Give us proof, don't just spout off at the mouth.  The filters are carried and sold for a reason.  Not to fill the shelves at retailers for no reason.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #67   Aug 31, 2009 2:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson et al:

Carmine D.

One non-working dyson DC07 Animal + Carmine D + 45 minutes = One like new dyson

The only suggestion I will make to the owner is that she buy/replace the post motor filter which is black from carbon exhaust.  Since this is rather tricky on these early dyson models for someone unfamiliar, I'll tell her if she buys the filter, I'll replace it [free of course].

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #68   Aug 31, 2009 2:10 pm
PS:  If I were still in the vacuum business and repairing dysons, I would have replaced the brush bar rather than spend time cutting off the hair and wrap.  Not worth the time and effort.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #69   Aug 31, 2009 2:29 pm
Thanks for the update Carmine. The problems you list are quite common. As I'd mentioned prior, a cousin of mine had all the same problems. She was either left to think or was told that her bagless Dirt Devil required little or no care and did not have a clue about maintenance. She'd been using her cleaner for months with a broken belt and didn't realize it.

I'm sure you'll be giving the owner of the Dyson a crash course in maintenance. Were I you, I'd also have no qualms about letting her know the approximate cost of the work you've done had she taken the vacuum to a shop AND that it could all have been avoided by way of a few simple steps.

Best,

Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #70   Aug 31, 2009 3:00 pm
CarmineD wrote:
PS:  If I were still in the vacuum business and repairing dysons, I would have replaced the brush bar rather than spend time cutting off the hair and wrap.  Not worth the time and effort.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Nice job on the fix...shoulda brought the tempo for her to test as you did repair........this way she sees what a deep cleaning

beast it is..and at hundreds and hundreds less....just as durable and outperforms.

turtle1

This message was modified Aug 31, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #71   Aug 31, 2009 5:58 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks for the update Carmine. The problems you list are quite common. As I'd mentioned prior, a cousin of mine had all the same problems. She was either left to think or was told that her bagless Dirt Devil required little or no care and did not have a clue about maintenance. She'd been using her cleaner for months with a broken belt and didn't realize it.

I'm sure you'll be giving the owner of the Dyson a crash course in maintenance. Were I you, I'd also have no qualms about letting her know the approximate cost of the work you've done had she taken the vacuum to a shop AND that it could all have been avoided by way of a few simple steps.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

WRT the cost of dyson repair from a vacuum store, I would estimate, and maybe others here currently in the business, can revise/correct:

Assuming $20-$35 for the service, $30 for the brush bar, and $40 for the post motor filter the grand total is $90-$105

If you let the old brush bar remain, it's $60-$75. 

All in all, not too expensive for a 4 year old dyson repair with the caveat if my parts prices are accurate.  Keep in mind, even with the 5 year limited warranty, the above maintenance and costs still stand.  Here's where misinformed dyson buyers get irate.  Many buy assuming these costs will not be incurred for 5 years and are unpleasantly surprised when told otherwise.  Of course, belt/clutch on DC07 and DC14 are the big ticket problems and could bust the bank in concert with the usual maintenance costs. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #72   Aug 31, 2009 6:02 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Nice job on the fix...shoulda brought the tempo for her to test as you did repair........this way she sees what a deep cleaning

beast it is..and at hundreds and hundreds less....just as durable and outperforms.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1'

I offered and she declined because I said I'd return the dyson on tuesday [tomorrow].  But I did let her run the TEMPO over her rugs in a few high traffic areas.  She was astounded.  Keep in mind the hair and rug wrap on the dyson DC07 with the lack of suction rendered it non-performing.  So any vacuum but most especially a HOOVER TEMPO easily restores the rugs to new life.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #73   Aug 31, 2009 7:46 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

WRT the cost of dyson repair from a vacuum store, I would estimate, and maybe others here currently in the business, can revise/correct:

Assuming $20-$35 for the service, $30 for the brush bar, and $40 for the post motor filter the grand total is $90-$105

If you let the old brush bar remain, it's $60-$75. 

All in all, not too expensive for a 4 year old dyson repair with the caveat if my parts prices are accurate.  Keep in mind, even with the 5 year limited warranty, the above maintenance and costs still stand.  Here's where misinformed dyson buyers get irate.  Many buy assuming these costs will not be incurred for 5 years and are unpleasantly surprised when told otherwise.  Of course, belt/clutch on DC07 and DC14 are the big ticket problems and could bust the bank in concert with the usual maintenance costs. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Ran into same problems with customers going by what dyson said/or didnt say...thought all was covered and no filters to clean

or replace.....got to point where everybody /dealers stopped messing with dyson s due to all the hassles and dyson run around.

.poor cust service ..lack of payment / no pick ups.....couldnt move them ...so all was brought to an end......felt bad for the customers.

.....spent all that money and for what?......

turtle1

This message was modified Aug 31, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #74   Sep 1, 2009 6:47 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Ran into same problems with customers going by what dyson said/or didnt say...thought all was covered and no filters to clean

or replace.....got to point where everybody /dealers stopped messing with dyson s due to all the hassles and dyson run around.

.poor cust service ..lack of payment / no pick ups.....couldnt move them ...so all was brought to an end......felt bad for the customers.

.....spent all that money and for what?......

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1'

Exactly.  Hence the reason indies are the best venue for dyson sales.  Users need to be educated with dyson vacuums and the best techniques for using and caring for them.  When they buy from a big box retailer, they are buying a cat in the bag, unseen.  Whether they do it [use properly] or not is on them.  But if they don't, and were advised, then they can't use the dyson hype as an escape.  Gasko was right when he siad this.  James was wrong when he didn't listen.  In time, as dyson sales wane and they are James will cut a deal with the indies to sell his vacuum products.  The question is will it be too late? 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #75   Sep 1, 2009 9:28 am
Hi Carmine,

Why would any self respecting INDY want to bail out dyson now after they got stuck the first time[WHEN THINGS WERE GOOD THEY DID NOT NEED THE INDYS] remember

The day will come when the indys will start dictating their policys to dyson.

Such as ill sell your vacuums only when the customer wants it and understands how medicre and underperforming and overpriced it really is.

Dyson set their own trap and got caught not by the tail but by the neck.I wish them luck they are going to need it.

Now do you know why GASKO bailed""""""""

regards

MOLE

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #76   Sep 1, 2009 12:14 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Why would any self respecting INDY want to bail out dyson now after they got stuck the first time[WHEN THINGS WERE GOOD THEY DID NOT NEED THE INDYS] remember

Such as ill sell your vacuums only when the customer wants it and understands how medicre and underperforming and overpriced it really is.

Dyson set their own trap and got caught not by the tail but by the neck.I wish them luck they are going to need it.

regards

MOLE

I certainly can't speak for Tom Gasko, but it would seem that he had a once in a life time opportunity to be the curator of a vacuum cleaner museum.  He donated his vacuum collection to the museum if I read correctly.  Rather than dealing with buying/selling/repairing, he got to do what he really loves.  I hope he is successful. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #77   Sep 1, 2009 12:17 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,

regards

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

Acerone posted here that he sold 600 new dysons in one year and took a leave of absence and went back to dyson to order/sell and dyson said no.  He didn't sell enough!  50 a month is not enough?  Doesn't make sense.

With consumers use to high dyson prices, depending on the wholesale costs/deals to the indy's, with rake offs for parts, dyson sales and service could be profitable.  I wouldnt recommend any store going exclusively with dyson, as Gasko said he wanted to do, but certainly a part of the business, even if small.  Dyson has to cave to the indy's, unless it opens its own stores.  And after 7 years here, it hasn't.  Don't expect dyson to any time soon.  So indy's are the key to the future if dyson wants to survive for the long haul. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #78   Sep 1, 2009 4:04 pm
Severus wrote:
I certainly can't speak for Tom Gasko, but it would seem that he had a once in a life time opportunity to be the curator of a vacuum cleaner museum.  He donated his vacuum collection to the museum if I read correctly.  Rather than dealing with buying/selling/repairing, he got to do what he really loves.  I hope he is successful. 

You are too kind.  Always the gentleman.  Are you positive that you aren't Venson? 
CarmineD

Reply #79   Sep 1, 2009 5:08 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You are too kind.  Always the gentleman.  Are you positive that you aren't Venson? 

HS:

Phrased another way, SEVERUS and Venson are both positive, kind and gentlemen.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 1, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #80   Sep 3, 2009 8:18 pm
Update on the dyson DC07 Animal repair:

Just rec'd a call on the tele from the lovely lady saying her dyson is working as good as new!  She's filled the bin several times and dumped.  Using the technique I showed her.  An educated consumer!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 3, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #81   Sep 3, 2009 9:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Just rec'd a call on the tele from the lovely lady saying her dyson is working as good as new!  She's filled the bin several times and dumped.  Using the technique I showed her.  An educated consumer!

Carmine D.

Such a touching story.

An engineer who doesn't know how to maintain a vacuum and a pro who doesn.t know how to use a Dyson in his home.  They spend time together and now the engineer knows how to use a vacuum.  Amazing.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #82   Sep 3, 2009 9:50 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

....You see! - You just proved your retirement isn’t a total disaster. 

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #83   Sep 4, 2009 1:11 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Such a touching story.

An engineer who doesn't know how to maintain a vacuum and a pro who doesn.t know how to use a Dyson in his home.  They spend time together and now the engineer knows how to use a vacuum.  Amazing.

HS:

Doesn't know how?  And/or didn't think she had to because of what she was told when she bought her dyson?  NEVER CLOGS, NEVER LOSES SUCTION!  Recall this WAS the dyson mantra when she bought her DC07.  James can't use it anymore.  Untrue according to the ASA.  There is a difference.  Surely ,even you as challenged as you are, can understand that distinction between lying about your product and telling buyers the truth.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #84   Sep 4, 2009 1:12 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
....You see! - You just proved your retirement isn’t a total disaster. 

DIB

Actually DIB, keeping you adequately informed has been a disaster.  You ignore/refuse to learn.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #85   Sep 4, 2009 8:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Actually DIB, keeping you adequately informed has been a disaster.  You ignore/refuse to learn.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Lets not forget...avoids/dodges questions...with babble/theories about bad vacuum people.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #86   Sep 5, 2009 6:48 am
Hello 'turtle1'

Exactly.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 86 of 86View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42