Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

Miele
Original Message   Aug 9, 2009 9:40 pm
Just wondering if anyone knows if Miele are stopping their S7 production? I've heard an industry rumour that they are to stop making the S7.
Replies: 25 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Miele
Reply #25   Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

That's an excuse for poor quality control procedures.  But I'll remember that when you bring up HOOVER recalling over 30,000 WT's at N/C to customers for 36 reports of failed switches [an outsourced China made item].  And being fined $750,000 by the CPSC so it could balance its end of year budget deficit.

Carmine D.

Hoover may have escaped the fine if they had taken the initative to report the defect without intervention.

Your excuse for the fine is no less than I would expect.

HARDSELL

Reply #26   Aug 27, 2009 10:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Seems your fave Japanese car maker just announced another 100,000 vehicle recall on 2009/2010 vehicles.  Brake failures.  That's 3 recalls in as many months.  Better you say?  You're joking right!

Carmine D.

At least 50% better and the Toyotas also cost about 75% less. 

BMW Recalls 200,000 Vehicles for Airbag Failures

VW has about 60,000 on recall. Most every model in their line up

And then there is the ever persistant electrical problem that is so inherent with Mercedes. 

There are many more problems with European cars that do not reach recall status.  The are just a pain in the ash.

CarmineD

Reply #27   Aug 28, 2009 7:00 am
So in other words your fave Japanese brand is no better than the Europeans?  Now you talking.  SOme of the experts are saying the latest rounds of recalls for your fave brand bodes badly for your fave brand.

As you may/may not recall, I posted here a few years ago that your fave brand cut the design to dealer time from 5 years to 2.  Unheard of.  It thought computer technology and graphics could be used.  I said it would backfire.  It has.

As you know I own American vehicles, Ford in particular.  Don't care for the overpriced German/Japanese.  I've owned Fords for years.  I knew Henry.  He recommended the nitrogen years ago.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #28   Aug 28, 2009 8:26 am
CarmineD wrote:
So in other words your fave Japanese brand is no better than the Europeans?  Now you talking.  SOme of the experts are saying the latest rounds of recalls for your fave brand bodes badly for your fave brand.

As you may/may not recall, I posted here a few years ago that your fave brand cut the design to dealer time from 5 years to 2.  Unheard of.  It thought computer technology and graphics could be used.  I said it would backfire.  It has.

As you know I own American vehicles, Ford in particular.  Don't care for the overpriced German/Japanese.  I've owned Fords for years.  I knew Henry.  He recommended the nitrogen years ago.

Carmine D.

I see your years as a pro at twisting the facts to make a sale still linger.  I never said that the Toyota is no better than a European car.  They all have recalls, including your Ford.  I believe that you drive an Explorer which has had numerous roll overs resulting in deaths.  Did Henry also recommend the Pinto to you?  Remember them?

No, I do not recall your prediction about shortened design times.  I hardly see what that has to do with a brake that MIGHT not be as efficient in freezing and icy conditions. 

I can't think of a brand that hasn't had a recall.  In fact Rolls had some serious problems with fires.

I do recall a while back when claimed how problem free BMW's were.  I also recall correcting you with proof that you were wrong.

I thought that you knew I also drive a Ford.  Still that does not make it better than Toyota.

CarmineD

Reply #29   Aug 28, 2009 8:38 am
HARDSELL:

Yes, a 1999 Explorer, the most traded in Clunker.  And a 2008 Ford Escape, the most bought from Ford.  Two recalls on the Exp in 10 years.  Tires, as you know, which was really a FIRESTONE issue.  And the cruise control recently. 

I owned a 1978 Pinto.  Great little car.  I was stopped at a light and cars in front of me.  I was rear ended by a young teen age woman who had just got her license and was on her way to Community College.  She was doing 45 miles an hour, the speed limit, by her own account.  She ran me into the back of a pick up truck.  I had just gas upped.  The car never caught on fire.  But looked like a Teepee.  Ironically, her father who was the owner of the vehicle has the same first and middle names as me.  I recall looking at the registration in her glove compartment and thinking that's me!   When the cops came they wanted to know who and where was the driver of the Pinto.  I said to them I was.  They didn't believe me.  They expected me to be dead!

Henry, Tom and I loved to talk cars. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #30   Aug 28, 2009 1:00 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

Yes, a 1999 Explorer, the most traded in Clunker.  And a 2008 Ford Escape, the most bought from Ford.  Two recalls on the Exp in 10 years.  Tires, as you know, which was really a FIRESTONE issue.  And the cruise control recently. 

I owned a 1978 Pinto.  Great little car.  I was stopped at a light and cars in front of me.  I was rear ended by a young teen age woman who had just got her license and was on her way to Community College.  She was doing 45 miles an hour, the speed limit, by her own account.  She ran me into the back of a pick up truck.  I had just gas upped.  The car never caught on fire.  But looked like a Teepee.  Ironically, her father who was the owner of the vehicle has the same first and middle names as me.  I recall looking at the registration in her glove compartment and thinking that's me!   When the cops came they wanted to know who and where was the driver of the Pinto.  I said to them I was.  They didn't believe me.  They expected me to be dead!

Henry, Tom and I loved to talk cars. 

Carmine D.

You have a knack for buying clunkers regardless of the item.  Congratulations.
CarmineD

Reply #31   Aug 28, 2009 2:19 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You have a knack for buying clunkers regardless of the item.  Congratulations.

Amen HS.  One brand new dyson DC07 pink Sept 2006 for $250 after discounts and cash rebates.  The biggest clunker of them all. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #32   Aug 28, 2009 4:25 pm
Hi,

I just learned per an article at the VDTA's website that the Miele S7 has won a "red dot award" from the Design Zentrum Nordin in Germany.

http://www.vdta.com/Magazines/AUG09/fc-MieleAug09.html

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #33   Aug 28, 2009 6:31 pm
Thanks Venson.  Very nice.  Good article.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #34   Sep 4, 2009 2:49 pm
Hi,

I hadn't realized that I'd received a reply last August 17th. This is the last of my tirade regarding Miele prices. Following is a response to my last email to Miele. It's not Miele's fault. Blame it all on shipping costs, the exchange rate and the ultimate cost of quality . . .

"Dear Mr. Venson,

Thank you for your comments and support. Your concerns have been forwarded to our product developement department.

As for pricing, this is not only set by manufacturing (products manufactured for the US, Canada and Mexico require line changes), it reflects the quality put into that production. Pricing is also effected by shipping, and the relationship between the dollar and the Euro since to buy product from our parent company in Germany we must pay in Euro's.

Once again we appreciate your interest in Miele products.

Thank you,

Charnol DeLoach
Customer Spt. Supervisor
Miele, USA "

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My issue with Miele remains in regard to pricing. I have owned many vacuums over the years and mainly bought Miele this time round not because I needed a new vacuum but because I wanted to know, hands-on, the machines I often give advice about to prospective buyers online.

Though I feel Miele products are generally over-priced, I have been certainly pleased all round by Miele’s efficiency, ability and quiet operation. Names are everything when it comes to doing business. As Miele vacuums have a much longer exposure to the American public than those made Bosch, I assume that advantage has been a boon considering the present rather gnarly economic situation in the U.S.

However, having laid out roughly $1,800 total for the two I own, the Capricorn canister and the Tango upright, I remain appalled by the price of accessories and options. I’ve been telling friends that the HyClean bags are hand-sewn to excuse the $18.00 price for a pack of four.

The STB 100 turbo-brush, all of three bucks to make, does not merit a 75 dollar price tag. Nearly 40 dollars for the new SUB20 Universal Brush is also excessive and the 70-90 dollars for the SBB 300 and 400 parquet floor tools is absolutely ridiculous.

I can go to an independent vacuum shop and buy a tool adapter plus purchase generic tools that do the job as well or better than Miele’s nose-bleed high priced doo-dads for far less. Miele should really begin to consider this and come up with some more sensible prices especially when there’s no debatable quality comparison for the like.

Before, I leave off I also want to add that of the two parquet tools I’ve mentioned, I own the SBB 300. It needs a design change that will better concentrate suction and air-flow near floor level.

My cleaners are both in perfect shape but either has difficulty with small but heavy particles the SBB 300 unnecessarily leaves behind. A tool like this should be able to suck up not only fine dust but things approximately the weight of a penny without problem and the SBB 300 fails. Tell your design guys to go take a look at tools designed for old American Electroluxes. To wit – I mean to convey that I’m a consumer that really expects something for his 70 bucks.

I wish that Miele provided me more of the same so that advising a consumer to purchase a vacuum at near or over $1,000 felt worth the while. Overall, Miele has yet to afford me that privilege. There are Kenmore vacuums at half the price that do as well and sometimes better.

Regards,

Venson Thomas
Replies: 25 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42