Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

Miele
Original Message   Aug 9, 2009 9:40 pm
Just wondering if anyone knows if Miele are stopping their S7 production? I've heard an industry rumour that they are to stop making the S7.
Replies: 15 - 24 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Miele
Reply #15   Aug 17, 2009 12:14 pm
As regards vacmanuk's question I received the following via email:

Dear Mr. Venson Thomas,

Thank you for contacting Miele customer support.

I passed your question along to our Floor Care Product Development manager. He stated, the S 7 line is very successful and that there is no chance of that line retiring from production.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you

Matthew White
Customer Support
Miele, USA
Tele: (800) 843-7231
Email: moreinfo@mieleusa.com
Web site: www.miele.com
CarmineD

Reply #16   Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Hi Venson:

Thanks for posting the response from MIELE ref S7 upright line.  Sounds like buyers are as please with the new MIELE uprights as you.  Good to know and hear.  I place much more faith and belief in new product assessments from experts in the industry who I know and trust.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #17   Aug 23, 2009 8:01 am
Another reply I got earlier this week:

"Miele is not stopping production of the S7. However to reply to your next question of where the S7 is sold, it has only been released in the UK, USA and Canada."

Now why doesn't Miele produce an upright vacuum in their own German country? Sebo have a big market share there and its not as if cylinder vacuums are the most popular in Germany.
CarmineD

Reply #18   Aug 23, 2009 2:52 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Another reply I got earlier this week:

"Miele is not stopping production of the S7. However to reply to your next question of where the S7 is sold, it has only been released in the UK, USA and Canada."

Now why doesn't Miele produce an upright vacuum in their own German country? Sebo have a big market share there and its not as if cylinder vacuums are the most popular in Germany.

Hello vacmanuk:

Since these markets [UK, USA, and Canada markets] already have been selling dyson uprights with some degree of success, MIELE wants to compete in them head on with dyson.  Consumers are then given an act of choice:  $600 for a Malaysian built/made upright vacuum versus $600 plus for a German made one?  Dah! 

At some point, probably soon, the new MIELE S7 uprights will be in Germany.   However, I would tend to disagree with your statement.  I'd say that canisters [cylinders] are still the preference among German vacuum buyers over full size uprights.

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #19   Aug 23, 2009 8:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello vacmanuk:

Since these markets [UK, USA, and Canada markets] already have been selling dyson uprights with some degree of success, MIELE wants to compete in them head on with dyson.  Consumers are then given an act of choice:  $600 for a Malaysian built/made upright vacuum versus $600 plus for a German made one?  Dah! 

At some point, probably soon, the new MIELE S7 uprights will be in Germany.   However, I would tend to disagree with your statement.  I'd say that canisters [cylinders] are still the preference among German vacuum buyers over full size uprights.

Carmine D. 

I would not buy any item simply because it was manufactured in Germany.  Japanese cars and electronics are better.  Vacuums likely are just as good from other countries.
CarmineD

Reply #20   Aug 23, 2009 8:28 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I would not buy any item simply because it was manufactured in Germany.  Japanese cars and electronics are better.  Vacuums likely are just as good from other countries.

HS:

I'm not surprised you'd say this.  It's sounds good but is wrong.  The MIELE name brand is not only German made but also has a pristine reputation for quality vacuums in the industry for over 80 years which many say is without equal.  Measured against a relatively novice company like dyson with 5,174 prototypes and a few good products with growing pains [can't find it's right niche yet] and savvy high end vacuum consumers are presented with an easy choice of upright vacuum brands for buying.      

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #21   Aug 26, 2009 1:21 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Please excuse a non-vacuum post, but did I just read that your fave brand auto maker maker, Japanese, just recalled over 700,000 new and late model vehicles for a window problem?  This on top of another recall just a few months ago.   Better?  Oh, really?   Says you?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #22   Aug 26, 2009 6:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Please excuse a non-vacuum post, but did I just read that your fave brand auto maker maker, Japanese, just recalled over 700,000 new and late model vehicles for a window problem?  This on top of another recall just a few months ago.   Better?  Oh, really?   Says you?

Carmine D.

They recall and fix at their expense.  Try to get that fro a European car.

European cars should be free.  They have so much profit in parts and labor at their shops.

CarmineD

Reply #23   Aug 26, 2009 6:33 pm
HS:

That's an excuse for poor quality control procedures.  But I'll remember that when you bring up HOOVER recalling over 30,000 WT's at N/C to customers for 36 reports of failed switches [an outsourced China made item].  And being fined $750,000 by the CPSC so it could balance its end of year budget deficit.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 26, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #24   Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm
HS:

Seems your fave Japanese car maker just announced another 100,000 vehicle recall on 2009/2010 vehicles.  Brake failures.  That's 3 recalls in as many months.  Better you say?  You're joking right!

Carmine D.

Replies: 15 - 24 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42