Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck sues Dyson TWICE over Dyson's advertised claim of - “No Loss of Suction”...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Mar 1, 2009 5:50 pm
Story here:  http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/40463852.html

This message was modified Mar 1, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 66 - 75 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #66   Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Perhaps you could get your buddy to support you and join you...  you know him, the so-called Dyson dealer who’s nailed many Dyson’s to the floor with his garbage side-by-side demo’s. - None of which demonstrate the Sack N Choke filters drastic drop in suction....  If you’ve forgotten, the dealer I’m talking of is the guy you said bought into a dealer program only for/mostly for the warranty work.

DIB

DIB:

Either your facts are skewed and/or you have a vivid imagination for making up tales completely unrelated to my posts.

In the past, I noted here in LV that there are two independent  vacuum cleaner store owners and operators [not counting ORECK] with dyson related work.  Both these stores deal in all makes and models.  One is an authorized dyson dealer and has been for awhile.  He is THE AUTHORIZED DYSON DEALER for North Las Vegas.  One is not a dyson dealer and has no plans to be.  Both sell dysons only if specifically requested and then with reservations.  One sells just used dysons [from trades and unclaimed repairs].  One sells new and used dysons.  Both are also authorized sales and service dealers for most other vacuum brands: RICCAR, SIMPLICITY, BOSCH, PANASONIC, MIELE etc. 

The non-dyson dealer has been inundated with dyson repairs both in and out of warranty.  He has found that many of the dyson repairs go undone/unclaimed due to the high costs of dyson parts and service.  He asked me if I would be interested in a part time job repairing/refurbing these dysons.  He is by the way a friend of my son-in-law and daughter.  They go to the same Church and are members of the same ward.  He is a practicing Mormon in good standing as are my SIL and daughter.  I turned him down on several occasions for fear that the part time job would end in a full time job. 

The other is a full fledged dyson dealer, tho as I explained he refuses to sell anymore new DC25 models because of the defective motor wiring harnesses.  I don't know what his religion is.  I mentioned here that in a recent visit to his store there were at least 6 or more DC07 and DC14 models in need of repairs for clutch related problems.  He was waiting for the okays on these from the customers before doing the work.  He opined that he would not be surprised if he did not get the okays and instead the customers traded in for other brands.  In which case he would salvage the dysons for parts and/or rebuild and sell as used to customers who insist on buying.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 22, 2009 by CarmineD
dusty

Reply #67   Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:

...SHARKnow has a new vacuum ..direct comp and performance as dyson....under $200..w/ same quality and warr. ...so how do all the copycats make the same vac  with same perf- life- features....yet at a far lower price.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. We throw out more Shark vacuums  than any other unit we come across and we also hear the most complaints about their customer service. There is no comparison between the quality of it and the quality of a Dyson, Eureka, Hoover or whatever other brand name you can toss about.  Sharks warranty also requires that the user pay the shipping costs.  Nice money maker for the company.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #68   Jul 22, 2009 9:49 pm
PS for DIB from my previous post:

The ORECK stores here in LV repair and sell parts for most other brands EXCEPT dysons.  When customers come in/call about dyson parts and repairs, the ORECK stores here in LV direct them to dyson.  End of story.

I HAVE SAID HERE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS IF I WERE STILL IN THE VACUUM BUSINESS TODAY I WOULD PROBABLY CARRY THE DYSON LINE JUST TO GET THE PARTS AND WARRANTY WORK. 

I can only opine that from my hypothetical statement you fabricated your version of the story you posted as a fact of statement I made.  If I'm wrong and you have my post as evidence, please correct me here and post it so I can/will apologize to you.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #69   Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm
ANOTHER PS FOR DIB:

As far as nailing dysons down to floor, I don't know where you got that but certainly not from me.  Dysons don't need to be nailed to the floor not to move.  They sit on shelves and in warehouses unsold gathering dust due to their own inertia:  Too high priced for the lackluster performance.  Especially in the worse global economic tsunami since the Great Depression.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #70   Jul 22, 2009 10:07 pm
Hello 'turtle1"

I've told DIB more times than I care to remember here that's it's not who comes to market first in the vacuum industry that wins the prize.  It's who copies the best and sells for less.  Innovative technology isn't worth anything unless you can market it to the masses at an affordable price: ie: color TV's, cell phones, computers, etc.  Dyson has demonstrated time and time again that for a host of reasons it can't do this in the vacuum industry /market in the USA.  Other vacuum brands are doing it now [copying] and selling for less and squeezing dyson out.  Just as you say.  End of dyson story. 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #71   Jul 23, 2009 12:53 am
dusty wrote:
I think this is a bit of a stretch. We throw out more Shark vacuums  than any other unit we come across and we also hear the most complaints about their customer service. There is no comparison between the quality of it and the quality of a Dyson, Eureka, Hoover or whatever other brand name you can toss about.  Sharks warranty also requires that the user pay the shipping costs.  Nice money maker for the company.

Dusty

this was used as an example ..as to the comp. closing in on dyson '' and the fact that all are offering what dyson does at a far lower price.

and as said before....its an opinion. im aware of sharks rep in the vac industry...and feel that the two are getting closer in terms of quality...again an opinion

a point of view. ...and its the names that were tossed about that are the reason why dyson is steadly slipping and why dyson wont ever be anything more than a niche product at  best....dyson foot the bill and all came in and made it better at a lower price....it is what it is..plain and simple.

i do agree with you on shark vacs....to a point.....ive seen some that wont die and work great...they make a good 8.5 amp hand vac for $25 that will devestate a dyson hand vac with no problem ...again at a fraction of the cost.   i give credit where credit is do....the dc7 was the best dyson made  ...the ddm is a great motor  in terms  of technology.....but soon the compitition will take that motor and make it better....my view

DysonInventsBig

Reply #72   Jul 23, 2009 5:03 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1"

I've told DIB more times than I care to remember here that's it's not who comes to market first in the vacuum industry that wins the prize.  It's who copies the best and sells for less.  Innovative technology isn't worth anything unless you can market it to the masses at an affordable price: ie: color TV's, cell phones, computers, etc.  Dyson has demonstrated time and time again that for a host of reasons it can't do this in the vacuum industry /market in the USA.  Other vacuum brands are doing it now [copying] and selling for less and squeezing dyson out.  Just as you say.  End of dyson story. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Regarding the Dyson Ball (best steerable upright on the planet), Dyson sits alone and enjoys a U.S. monopoly on steering uprights and profits.  He has no competition, he owns the upright steering segment (a segment he created).

The Prize?  Who exactly is winning or going to when this “prize”.  In your professional and unbiased opinion or knowledge, what manufacturer/s exactly is winning or going to win this “prize”?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #73   Jul 23, 2009 5:45 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Regarding the Dyson Ball (best steerable upright on the planet), Dyson sits alone and enjoys a U.S. monopoly on steering uprights and profits.  He has no competition, he owns the upright steering segment (a segment he created).

The Prize?  Who exactly is winning or going to when this “prize”.  In your professional and unbiased opinion or knowledge, what manufacturer/s exactly is winning or going to win this “prize”?

DIB

DIB:

You're adroit at avoiding questions and asking your own to divert the issues/subject matter.  I asked you of what value is a $500 plus innovative technological product that fails its users within months of purchase.  I'm specifically referring to a DC25 with defective motor wiring harness which THE AUTHORIZED DYSON DEALER OF NORTH LAS VEGAS refuses to sell.  If you answer my question you will have the answer to your question.  Eye on the prize, my friend!

WRT to 2008 and 2009 vacuum sales, the two worse years for vacuum sales in the industry in decades, it has been said by me, and others, that the clear winners, industry leaders, and prize getters [for product sales] are ORECK and TTI/HOOVER.  For the latter I would also add that Consumer Reports has declared HOOVER the "leading brand seller" AND rated 7 of HOOVER's uprights in its top 20 uprights.  Including the number ONE position.  Eye on the prize! 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #74   Jul 23, 2009 5:50 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
this was used as an example ..as to the comp. closing in on dyson '' and the fact that all are offering what dyson does at a far lower price.

and as said before....its an opinion. im aware of sharks rep in the vac industry...and feel that the two are getting closer in terms of quality...again an opinion

a point of view. ...and its the names that were tossed about that are the reason why dyson is steadly slipping and why dyson wont ever be anything more than a niche product at  best....dyson foot the bill and all came in and made it better at a lower price....it is what it is..plain and simple.

i do agree with you on shark vacs....to a point.....ive seen some that wont die and work great...they make a good 8.5 amp hand vac for $25 that will devestate a dyson hand vac with no problem ...again at a fraction of the cost.   i give credit where credit is do....the dc7 was the best dyson made  ...the ddm is a great motor  in terms  of technology.....but soon the compitition will take that motor and make it better....my view

Hello 'turtle1"

I would add to your opinions about Shark products that the consumer editor/writer of the Wall Street Journal on two separate occasions rated the Shark held held vacuum for $40 and Steam Mop for $80 as the top performers in their class among a filed of competitors.  I posted these reported findings from the articles on this page at the time and some time ago probably before your tenure.  Eye on the prize!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #75   Jul 23, 2009 5:59 am
PS 'turtle1':  I agree with you.  Dyson is a niche seller and of late is struggling unsuccessfully to keep its market share of sales year over year even in the UK.  It's less expensive [read more affordable] and often times better performing bagged/bagless vacuum products of the competition are gradually eroding dyson's once prominent sales position.  Which by the way was constantly blasted to the vacuum industry by dyson and its supporters.  Not to mention that the global meltdown in consumer buying and confidence has sounded a solemn death knell for the over priced, over hyped, over hawked 'd' brand.  If it doesn't reinvent itself, win favor with its products among industry watchers, and slash prices, dyson will go the same route as halo.

Carmine D

Replies: 66 - 75 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42