Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Original Message   Jun 4, 2009 1:02 pm
New lightweight with OBT in town for $250 with free bags for life and zero cost maintenance warranty for life.  Anything goes wrong, a new vacuun is shipped to you.  

http://www.garryvac.com/

Taking a page from ORECK on the giveaways:  Free Steam Mop to keep if not satisfied with purchase and returned.

https://www.garryvacuum.com/order_form.html?country=CA

Comments?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 11 - 20 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Reply #11   Jun 5, 2009 8:46 am
Venson wrote:
Thanks Dusty. I got a grin out if it as I was surprised that other brand names were actually called out. Most of the biggies use a more round-about approach.

Venson

Dusty, Venson et al:

I understand the very same Garry Vacuum commercial is used here in the USA too.  Have a strange feeling that a few of the former ORECK employees with inside information who didn't make the move with ORECK to Tennessee after the New Orleans Headquarters was hit by Katrina, decided to join forces and go solo.  They got some money backers and are trying their hand at the vacuum market.  Just a hunch.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #12   Jun 5, 2009 2:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dusty, Venson et al:

I understand the very same Garry Vacuum commercial is used here in the USA too.  Have a strange feeling that a few of the former ORECK employees with inside information who didn't make the move with ORECK to Tennessee after the New Orleans Headquarters was hit by Katrina, decided to join forces and go solo.  They got some money backers and are trying their hand at the vacuum market.  Just a hunch.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

it does make you wonder tho....i mean...if they could match orecks quality with a motor that lasts about 5-10 years or so with better performance at a fraction of the cost...then i would say it might just dip into oreck and riccars sales....might even get oreck to realize there vacs are pretty steep in price....i really like them and would recomend them to anyone ....just hard to overlook the price.
CarmineD

Reply #13   Jun 5, 2009 7:27 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

it does make you wonder tho....i mean...if they could match orecks quality with a motor that lasts about 5-10 years or so with better performance at a fraction of the cost...then i would say it might just dip into oreck and riccars sales....might even get oreck to realize there vacs are pretty steep in price....i really like them and would recomend them to anyone ....just hard to overlook the price.

Hello retardturtle1:

High price, especially in the current economic times, is a buyers' turn off and excellent point as you say to deter one's recommendation of ORECK to others.  I noticed that ORECK is more inclined to sell their XL Classic uprights solo [w/o giveawys] to public on advertised sales for $199-$225.   Certainly, the Garry vacuum may force ORECK's hand to do so more frequently than just MOTHER's Day and Memorial Day sales.  Have to wait and see if the Garry really is a sales threat to ORECK or just a flash in the pan that will fade away long before the 5 year zero dollar maintenance. 

Having just learned about this vacuum, I didn't have the benefit to discuss Garry vacuum with ORECK this past week during my visit.  I'm on the list for the Steam It which is due in this week, and Garry will be on the agenda for discussion.  I'm curious to learn if my hunch about the former ORECK insiders going solo is the case for the Garry creation.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #14   Jun 6, 2009 3:37 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello retardturtle1:

High price, especially in the current economic times, is a buyers' turn off and excellent point as you say to deter one's recommendation of ORECK to others.  I noticed that ORECK is more inclined to sell their XL Classic uprights solo [w/o giveawys] to public on advertised sales for $199-$225.   Certainly, the Garry vacuum may force ORECK's hand to do so more frequently than just MOTHER's Day and Memorial Day sales.  Have to wait and see if the Garry really is a sales threat to ORECK or just a flash in the pan that will fade away long before the 5 year zero dollar maintenance. 

Having just learned about this vacuum, I didn't have the benefit to discuss Garry vacuum with ORECK this past week during my visit.  I'm on the list for the Steam It which is due in this week, and Garry will be on the agenda for discussion.  I'm curious to learn if my hunch about the former ORECK insiders going solo is the case for the Garry creation.

Carmine D.

hi carmine
i gotta say im looking forward to your meeting.....and even if the g-vac turns out to be a  really good  product all around,,,its gonna take at least 5 years to prove itself  in terms of quality...reliability. performance, what oreck already has...but from a price standpoint  if the g-vac/oreck /hoover bagged pltm/riccar rsl/..all went for $225 i do believe it would really shake things up and show the consumer who really makes the best  all around  product on the market at that price point...in terms of looks id say the bagged hvr pltm is the winner...... either way  you go youll be getting a very  good,,lite-wgt ,bagged, 10+ years of service vacuum for $225= outstanding.
CarmineD

Reply #15   Jun 6, 2009 6:20 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine
i gotta say im looking forward to your meeting.....and even if the g-vac turns out to be a  really good  product all around,,,its gonna take at least 5 years to prove itself  in terms of quality...reliability. performance, what oreck already has...but from a price standpoint  if the g-vac/oreck /hoover bagged pltm/riccar rsl/..all went for $225 i do believe it would really shake things up and show the consumer who really makes the best  all around  product on the market at that price point...in terms of looks id say the bagged hvr pltm is the winner...... either way  you go youll be getting a very  good,,lite-wgt ,bagged, 10+ years of service vacuum for $225= outstanding.

Hello retardturtle1:

An interesting post script to the Garry vacuum, the ORECK Memorial Day Sale with the latest XL Silver Series upright with headlight and 3 year warranty for $225 [solo w/o the giveaways] has been extended by ORECK.  With the limitation of one per customer.  Have like competition.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #16   Jun 6, 2009 8:06 am
A post script to the post script:  The ORECK Memorial Day sale on the XL Silver is extended for selected ORECK store locations throughout the US.  These will be advertised in local newspapers.  The sale is not extended to the ORECK internet Web Site.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #17   Jun 7, 2009 7:44 am
By the way, does anyone know where the Garry upright comes from? I only mention this because Tacony is campaigning with the "Made in America" pitch.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #18   Jun 7, 2009 8:57 am
Venson wrote:
By the way, does anyone know where the Garry upright comes from? I only mention this because Tacony is campaigning with the "Made in America" pitch.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I couldn't find the country of origin in the User's Manual.  My guess is that if the Garry were made in the USA, it would be said loud and clear not just in the manual but the TV commercials. 

Carmine D. 

retardturtle1

Reply #19   Jun 7, 2009 5:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I couldn't find the country of origin in the User's Manual.  My guess is that if the Garry were made in the USA, it would be said loud and clear not just in the manual but the TV commercials. 

Carmine D. 

found a thread on vacuumlands site..thread6433....posted today about the g-vac....user input first hand..will hold us till CARMINE can come up with the inside story .
CarmineD

Reply #20   Jun 8, 2009 1:38 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
found a thread on vacuumlands site..thread6433....posted today about the g-vac....user input first hand..will hold us till CARMINE can come up with the inside story .

Hello retardturtle1:

Last Monday I was told the new ORECK Steam It would be in this week.  I would be first on the list to be called when it was.  As soon as I am, and visit the ORECK store, I'll be sure to post here. 

BTW, I know it was on another thread and not here, but while it's in my mind let me say it here.  I like your attitude about vacuums and learning to do more/better with what you know.  If Model2 doesn't post any answers to my questions, I'll be sure to post you offline with the correct answers to the questions I asked him. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42