Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Mister_Bojack

stinky vac bags
Original Message   May 22, 2009 11:08 am
I'm in a house with 4 dogs, 1 cat, and a Miele Capricorn. The bags tend to get quite odiferous before they're even half full and the activated charcoal filter can't keep up. I even tried hosing the bag down with Febreze and drying it out before using it, but that just makes it smell worse.

Have any of you tried the Arm & Hammer bags? Are they any good? Other than that, I'm tempted to go to an aquarium store and buy a box of Zeolite granules.
Replies: 34 - 43 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Re: stinky vac bags
Reply #34   May 27, 2009 6:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:</p><p>Wrong again HS.  Mine works better than most.  I can guess a woman's fragrance when standing close by and always get it right!  Makes a wonderful impression on the ladies regardless of their age.  </p><p>Carmine D.

'...and sometimes you wear L'air du Temps...but not today...'

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
HARDSELL

Reply #35   May 27, 2009 7:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Wrong again HS.  Mine works better than most.  I can guess a woman's fragrance when standing close by and always get it right!  Makes a wonderful impression on the ladies regardless of their age. 

Carmine D.

The ladies that you associate with most likely wear the same toilet water that is standard in the LV cat houses.
CarmineD

Reply #36   May 27, 2009 7:17 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
The ladies that you associate with most likely wear the same toilet water that is standard in the LV cat houses.

EUREKA! Another pet reference! 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #37   May 27, 2009 9:40 pm
Cats are buying houses in Las Vegas -- realy?
CarmineD

Reply #38   May 28, 2009 6:57 am
Venson wrote:
Cats are buying houses in Las Vegas -- realy?

Hello Venson:

Yes, cat houses are legal here in Nevada.  The reason in part that President Obama warned the money mongers of Wall Street that they can't go to LV on the taxpayers' dime.  Not enough cat houses to satisfy the greedy gropers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #39   May 28, 2009 7:39 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Yes, cat houses are legal here in Nevada.  The reason in part that President Obama warned the money mongers of Wall Street that they can't go to LV on the taxpayers' dime.  Not enough cat houses to satisfy the greedy gropers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #40   May 28, 2009 7:46 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Carmine D.

Car houses are the oldest known profession.  They always survive the worst financial conditions.  I wonder if WB owns a few since this would be a model investment using his strategy.

CarmineD

Reply #41   May 28, 2009 1:57 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Car houses are the oldest known profession.  They always survive the worst financial conditions.  I wonder if WB owns a few since this would be a model investment using his strategy.

No, not a chance.   Owns KIRBY.  Stake in TTI.  A dyson buy-out is not even on the radar screen yet by WB.  If you know Buffett and Munger's buying strategy, they always buy well run and well managed companies.  Why?  They always leave the existing management in place after the buy-out.  Your company doesn't meet mustard.  Not even close.  Dyson is badly run, loosing money year over year [if not suction] bleeding cash for daily expenses with too many unrelated unprofitable products, markets, and research ventures that exhaust precious resources [time, people and money] and diminish underlying value. 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #42   May 28, 2009 2:25 pm
Model2 wrote:
'...and sometimes you wear L'air du Temps...but not today...'

Recommended for evenings, perhaps a good choice for the cat ladies.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #43   May 31, 2009 7:17 pm
I've often found a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda helps for smelly bags. I'm surprised that the Miele Air clean filter isn't minimising pet hair odour. If you have an Active Air Clean filter, that won't do it - Miele's HEPA filter (blue cartridge) is a lot better at coping with pet hair odour.
Replies: 34 - 43 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42