Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > TriStar MG2 Question...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
lazaruspup

TriStar MG2 Question...
Original Message   Dec 13, 2008 7:16 pm
OK, second post, woo hoo! LOL! So I stopped in at the local vac shop today and was telling him I was looking for something light and easy to use for my mom since we are retiring her Dyson DC07. She likes canister vacs and he showed me a few Simplicity models as well as a Riccar. He also showed me the high end which was a Lux Guardian. I told him I wanted something that was going to last a LONG TIME because I didn't want to have to buy her another vacuum in four years or so. He went to the back and brought out a used, albeit VERY NEW looking, TriStar MG2. Now I remember being just a tyke and my grandparents had a TriStar, the old black one with silver accents. It was a great old machine and us grandkids loved vacuuming with it. He offered me a great deal with this new MG2. He said some local folks were in need of cash and brought it in. He offered to warranty it for a year and said he had cleaned it thoroughly. It seemed very light. Anyone have any experience with TriStars as of late? I would love to take him up on this offer, but I'm a little worried about parts being available should something break and the filtration. He said it has a charcoal/allergen filter but I can get a HEPA filter. I wonder how well this beast is sealed?? It looked fairly well built, all metal, and had gaskets around the bag compartment and filter compartment. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I told him I'd give him a heads up either way on Monday.

Drew/Lazaruspup
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42